1970's Latest & Greatest Organic Sativa Grow

1970s Grower

I am back for a fall grow. I still have over 3 pounds left from my last grow which is mostly indica dominant strains. This time arround I am planting mostly Sativas and 3 purples with a couple cup winning Indicas. Sativas are more difficult to grow, so lets see if I am up to the challenge.

This is an indoor grow.

Lighting:
For Veg I will use 14 26w CFLs and veg in a 1' x 4' cabinet. I have a second cabinet if I need it.
For Flowering I will use a closet underneath the stairs. My foot print is 3.5' x 5' with a sloping roof that starts at 7' and slopes down to 2.5' I have a 1000 watt HPS system for this flower area. Includes 440CFM blower with stink filter and air cooled hood.

I will use soil:
Fox Farm Light Warrior/Ocean Forest in a 50/50 mix for seedlings in Solo party cups. I will transplant to 1 gallon containers with FF Ocean Forest alone, then 3 or 5 gallon container just prior to 12/12. I plan to veg for 30-45 days

As I had fantastic results last grow, I will continue to use Blue Planet Nutrients. I am a proud paying customer this grow. I was sponsored my last grow and I can't thank Blue Planet enough for helping me and turning me on to a fantastic product. See my sig for those results.

Strains Germinating:
Hawiian Snow
Hawiian Maui Waui
Strawberry Haze
Tangerine Dream
LSD
Sour AK
Holy Grail 69
Purple Wreck
Purple Haze #1
Purple Maroc
Kosher Kush
THC Bomb
Germanation_005.JPG

My ideal plant number for the flower room would be 9. I am germinating 12 seeds to hopefully get 9 healthy plants. All seeds are feminized.

Germanation_002.JPG

I use the paper towel germination method as you see above and below.

Germanation_003.JPG

Germanation_008.JPG

I encourage critiicism to help make me a better grower.:thanks:

re: 1970's Latest & Greatest Blue Planet Nutrients Organic Sativa Grow

subbed! Thats a great selection!

Awesome!!! 70s grower is back !!! I'm subbed for this one for sure!!! Looks like you have some killer strains lined up as well :) can't wait to watch and cheer ya on :)

subbed like a mad dog!! sounds like a killer line up, purple maroc is kick ass! grown it for nearly a year just harved a few zips couple weeks ago, its spiffys favorite! i have some suggestions on soil, do you have azomite? azomite is a mineral supplement with like 50+ minerals it will up overall health and make for connoisseur grade flavor you just mix into your soil or even sprinkle on top, maybe look into it:thumb:
ffof can be a bit hot for young plants as im sure you know,
sounds like it will be a great ride im here front and center woo hoo!!

subd my friend, looks like another great start to another great journal, good to have you back up and running,

Dayum, you guys must have smelled the weed I was burning when I typed this out yesterday. :lot-o-toke: It didn't take long to find me. Old friends stay old friends I guess... Big Irish, ICEMUD, DonPaul, Gittergreen, JamesWri85 You guys really know how to make a guy feel welcome! I have learned alot from all of you. I have skimmed a couple of your journals but need to spend some time really getting to know your grows. I have skimmed ICEMUDs and Big Irish's Journals and both have had thier share of bad luck since I was gone. Both grows have come back and come back well though! The mark of a great grower is when the grower makes a silk purse out of sowes ear. Both have some great grows going!

I will catch up with everyone's journal by the weekend.:circle-of-love:

:420::peace:

I checked the seeds this morning. 7 of 12 had sprouted and are now in party cups. Just got home from work and 2 more have sprouted. So just 3 left to go... Purple Maroc, Hawiian Snow, and Tangerine Dream. I have dupes of Hawiian Snow and Tangerine Dream if these don't sprout. I kind of thought the would by 24 hours. My history has been if not in 24 hours then probably not ever. I will give them 24 hours more before I wet 2 more beans.

Surprise.... I was just in the garage looking over my nute inventory. I had put it all in totes and hidden away where no one could find it. "I" had a hard time finding it and "I" hid it!

Well a full gallon of Farmers pride "Grow" exploded at the bottom seam. You know that feeling you get when you let loose a squeaker and it turns out to be a wet fart with weight to it? THats the feeling I had when I opened the tote. It made quite the mess. ... and stankkkkkkkk.... oh my... Cat shit smells better than a tub of Blue Planet Grow in 95 degree heat. When I cracked the top of the tote to I immediate started dry heaving. I hauled it outside, dumped (pun intended) what I could in the flower garden out front and hosed off the rest of the containers, rinsed out the tote and it still stinks up my garage

You all enjoy it. Note to self.... Keep nutes in a "cool" dry place and "shit" like this won't happen.

Time to order more shit... Corey!!!!! You still open for busines!!??

Xlr8.... Thanks for stopping buy.... another grower I have tremendous respect for. Its very kewl to hook back up with everyone. I will stop by your journal shortly.

Sorry I was gone so long. My oldest had some mental health issues and it just consumed me both emotionally and from a time standpoint. I am just pulling myself out of it as he is getting much better very quickly as of late. THe right medicine combo has been found for him at least for now. Its great to be getting my real son back!

I'm happy to hear things are looking up with your son. Bummer about the stink-bomb-nute-explosion that happened! Will be good to see you around more. :thumb:

Checked the party cups I planted yesterday. All 7 have a seedling barely poking out for light. By tomorrow I should see some Cotyldon leave on these 7.

Still nothing on Purple Maroc, Tangerine Dream, and Hawiian Snow so I added my last seed of Tangerine Dream and Hawiian Snow to the germination saucer. I only have 1 seed of Purple Maroc. I hope she sprouts. I have been wanting this strain for a while after I saw the results that Big Irish got with his.

I planted 9 popped seeds so far in party cups. 7 have sprouted throught the soil with 3 strains still in the germination saucer. Wish me luck. THese last 3 strains, Purple Maroc, Tangerine Dream, and Hawiian Snow PLEASE pop for me.

Only two in party cups that I planted this morning have not grown above the dirt yet.... Strawberry Haze and LSD are still under soil after 8 hours of light. Hopefully tomorrow they show up for class roll call in the morning.

at least you have crazy good strains if she does not pop, i really wanted to see someone else grow pmaroc,such a good sticky dank strain,dang it i wish you lived by me id hook you up with pm clones and crosses i made with her with purple#1 and royal purple kush, im loling here after hearing how coreys shit crop dusted you! omfg that shit stinks i cant even imagine after fermenting for a couple months ewwww ! lol :rofl:

cant wait to see how these strains turn out, you got a lot going on,

corey is in the process of improving his bpn range, its amazing as it is but he says he is onto something new and something to do with enzymes, if he can make bpn better then its going to be shocking, its shockingly good as it is, but i cant even imagine how it could be better, he says it will be towarrds the end of the year, so ill be placing my order as soon as i hear he has released it, for now i have got enough to last me till then, but looking forward to this new bpn feed

The sprouted seeds I planted yesterday popped thier young heads through the soil. THese are less than 24 hours old.

Day_1_Seedling_001.JPG

Day_1_Seedling_004.JPG

All 9 planted yesterday popped through.

I looked in the germination plate this afternoon and my Purple Moroc finally came out of its shell. A little wierd though. THe cotyledon leaves popped out of the seed but the tap root did not. Breach Baby! I hope it makes it. I was surprised it took 3 days to pop. I planted it today so I should know in 48 hours if its going to be OK.

Still nothing positive in the germination plate on the Hawaiian Snow or the Tangerine Dream. I added a second seed of each yesterday. 24 hours and nothing. 72 hours on the 1st seed of each and nothing. I am losing hope on these two strains. At $10 per seed I am a little disappointed. I was looking forward to both strains. It can't be my method cuz everything else germinated.

The girls will spend a couple days in baggy tent to keep the moisture in. THe RH in my cabinet is 23% so I have to keep the girls wet. Keeping girls wet has never been a problem for me ;)

Day_1_Seedling_006.JPG

cant wait to see how these strains turn out, you got a lot going on,

corey is in the process of improving his bpn range, its amazing as it is but he says he is onto something new and something to do with enzymes, if he can make bpn better then its going to be shocking, its shockingly good as it is, but i cant even imagine how it could be better, he says it will be towarrds the end of the year, so ill be placing my order as soon as i hear he has released it, for now i have got enough to last me till then, but looking forward to this new bpn feed

I sent Corey an email a couple days ago and got a very nice reply. He is definitely on to something good for us. It will take some time though as you said. The man works full time has a lot going on. He's got great ideas but not enough time to execute them. I wish I could help him.

Many here are realizing theres much more to this than NPK. Its about healthy soil and keeping it healthy and thriving as the plants rape it for nutrients in different ammounts at different times. Thanks for riding along DonPaul!

Awesome!!! 70s grower is back !!! I'm subbed for this one for sure!!! Looks like you have some killer strains lined up as well :) can't wait to watch and cheer ya on :)

Great to see you here Icemud! I look forward to your fresh pics every morning to start my day. I am anxiously awaiting the result of the water cure for the harvested PM buds. Putting buds in water just looks wrong.... but I know its the right thing to do in your situation.

THere are 3 kinds of people in this world.... Those that Make things happen, Those that WATCH what happened, and those that wonder wtf happened.

You sir are in the first group and I am grateful to have you here! You are definitely a take no prisoners type of guy when it comes to growing. I admire that!

Back
Top Bottom