1G/W - Aero 171 Plant SOG Under 600W w/Mover - Kandy Kush

Do you think I will make it over 1g/W

• Yes

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters

Android

All I need to achieve 1g/W - is to harvest just 1/8oz dry per plant on average.

Setup:
I have eleven fence posts 5"x5"x8' with 6" in between plants which makes it 4 plants per square foot SOG

Sprayers:
Every post will house 1/2" PVC pipe with 8 misters 0.04 orifice (blue) - that makes it one mister per two nearby plants.

Manifold:
Sprayer pipes will be connected to 1" PVC manifold,

Main res:
40 gal res connected to a manifold through a garden hose fitted with 150mesh filter (Raindrip) {and a breather to prevent siphoning- still not sure if that's necessary}. There will be a top-off valve fed with RODI water to keep the water level the same at all times

Measuring instruments:
Triple ph/TDS/t meter

Runoff:
The runoff will be collected through holes on the bottom of posts and routed by a plastic gutter to the catch pan, and then pumped back to the main reservoir outside the tent again through a garden hose.

Pump:
The main res will house a 3/4 hp utility pump rated at 4400Gph and a 36W UV sterilizer to avoid algae blooms

Lights:
one dimmable 600W HPS on a 5' light rail

Ventilation:
400cfm 6" vortex fan with Phresh 18" silencer and 6" flex ducting all the way pulling air through the light enclosure and a huge self-made refillable carbon filter, and exhausting hot air in the HVAC return stack. Plus 2 large oscillating fans in the corners.

Housing:
will be in a 10'x5'x6.5' tent

Nutes:
BPN 2-part+bloom booster + ATAMA's Rootbastic and Bloombastic

Propogation:
cloning using compressed bark plugs in domes with Clonex gel

Veg time:
10 days of veg, after that - topping to the same height, removal of side shoots, and 12/12

So far I am not planning on using AC, chiller, aerator, or CO2.

Time to get to work.
Wish me luck and subscribe if intrigued
:high-five:

Capture110.JPG
Capture29.JPG
Capture30.JPG
Capture113.JPG

Re: Attempt to beat 1g/W in 2mo: Aero 171plant SOG under 600W w/mover; Kandy Kush; BP

All I need to achieve 1g/W - is to harvest just 1/8oz dry per plant on average.

Setup:
I have eleven fence posts 5"x5"x8' with 6" in between plants which makes it 4 plants per square foot SOG

Sprayers:
Every post will house 1/2" PVC pipe with 8 misters 0.04 orifice (blue) - that makes it one mister per two nearby plants.

Manifold:
Sprayer pipes will be connected to 1" PVC manifold,

Main res:
40 gal res connected to a manifold through a garden hose fitted with 150mesh filter (Raindrip) {and a breather to prevent siphoning- still not sure if that's necessary}. There will be a top-off valve fed with RODI water to keep the water level the same at all times

Measuring instruments:
Triple ph/TDS/t meter

Runoff:
The runoff will be collected through holes on the bottom of posts and routed by a plastic gutter to the catch pan, and then pumped back to the main reservoir outside the tent again through a garden hose.

Pump:
The main res will house a 3/4 hp utility pump rated at 4400Gph and a 36W UV sterilizer to avoid algae blooms

Lights:
one dimmable 600W HPS on a 5' light rail

Ventilation:
400cfm 6" vortex fan with Phresh 18" silencer and 6" flex ducting all the way pulling air through the light enclosure and a huge self-made refillable carbon filter, and exhausting hot air in the HVAC return stack. Plus 2 large oscillating fans in the corners.

Housing:
will be in a 10'x5'x6.5' tent

Nutes:
BPN 2-part+bloom booster + ATAMA's Rootbastic and Bloombastic

Propogation:
cloning using compressed bark plugs in domes with Clonex gel

Veg time:
10 days of veg, after that - topping to the same height, removal of side shoots, and 12/12

So far I am not planning on using AC, chiller, aerator, or CO2.

Time to get to work.
Wish me luck and subscribe if intrigued
:high-five:

Capture110.JPG
Capture29.JPG
Capture30.JPG
Capture113.JPG

Forgive me, but I get confused easily. Are you saying that you are shooting to get 600 grams? And if so with how many plants? Even with 200 plants, i think your plan is encouraging. Looks nice! I certainly hope you achieve this goal and better even.
How do I subscribe?

Re: Attempt to beat 1g/W in 2mo: Aero 171plant SOG under 600W w/mover; Kandy Kush; BP

I will be happy with a pound,
...but if you do the math, 600g/171plant = 3.5g per plant = 1/8oz which is doable.
My biggest concern right now is to figure out how to produce such an army of clones.
I have 6 moms, but they are too small to give 30 clones each...
So either I should get more moms on board, or do something crafty with what I have
My idea is to get a half of clones off moms and another half - off my existing grow in the different room:
1) I get 64 clones off moms
2) wait for them to root
3) put them in my small setup to veg for 10 days
4) cut their tops off and make clones out of them
5) by this time moms should have new clones - cut the newer clones from moms
6) if this is not enough - put existing clones in stasis and wait for new growth in the small room and on moms

The other plan is to have 3 waves of clones - one third three weeks old, 1/3 - 2wks old, 1/3 - 1 wk old. And then plant them all together at the same time (even if there are no visible roots on those that are one week old). What I would do to equalize them - is I would cut the taproots off the oldest clones before putting them in the setup.

In order to subscribe - go to the top of the topic and go to this menu (I am auto-subscribed, but yours should say "subscribe" not "unsubscribe":

Capture34.JPG

Please give me some advice on clone production - what would you do?

One more question on clones:
Is that true that if I would stick the dome with clones in the fridge, they would go in stasis, but still be alright when I pull them out?

The short answer - I would notice that all the bud got seeds
The long answer - there is no way I would notice, but AFAIK plants go through gender change only if there is some light present during the dark period, or in the very shaded area on the bottom. Are there any other reasons for hermies like mutation? I never heard of that.

I've heard that heat stress could do it and that feminized seeds are more likely to hermie than regular seeds because they were created by turning a female plant into a hermaphrodite and then pollinating itself so the seeds have that in their genetics and also that some strains are unstable and have a history of more plants turning hermie and bag seed because usually they are created by a hermaphrodite pollinating a female plant. I think some type of stress is usually involved when a plant turns hermie and those conditions just make them the ones more likely to turn.

re: 1G/W - Aero 171 Plant SOG Under 600W w/Mover - Kandy Kush

This is my fourth grow using this strain specimen's clones, and I haven't had any seeds yet (knock on the wood), so the genetics must be OK.
But I will keep my fingers crossed, and won't subject plants to any stress (other than plenty of wind)
Just stick with this journal and we will both see how it goes.

Sidenote - Corey a.k.a. Blue Planet Nutrients just gave me a helluva deal on the nutes for this grow (plus some new secret products that haven't been released yet!!!) for promoting his wonderful products via this journal. So now I am very optimistic to meet the goal and help his business by doing so. I am so excited!
You guys who hasn't tried BluePlanetNutrients should really try this incredible stuff. I am now have a responsibility to show with this grow what BPN nutes can do for you, so this extra motivation gets me pumped up to beat the 1g/W and raise awareness of BPN new line of nutes and the aeroponic way of growing. (Plus it would be nice to shut up all non-believers of me reaching this milestone.

I also developed a plan how to get 171 clones.

What I am going to do is to cut the clones off the fattest branches of mothers and put them in the setup to veg.
After a week or two there should be enough growth to make ~200 clones using the vegged plants.
Some will become new moms, and the rest will be chopped up for clones to make a 200.
After that, I will discard the remnants and start anew and populate the whole rig this way.

This is just for the first grow, but for latter grows - I will have brand new moms already, so there should be enough to make an army of clones directly off moms, without the need to waste time for clone production.
What do you think?

Sounds good so far :thumb: how big are your mothers. You should have no problem getting 170 clone with 6 plants just got to cut the shit out of them 420feild uses one mother plant when he does his 2L hempys. I had 6 mothers few months back and i could get 100 clones easy and still have some left on the plant.
Is your areoponic system ready yet if not are you gonna do a DIY on how to build one was thinking about growing this way too or have you seen the first seemorebuds video the aqua mist system those look vary good almost like going from clone to bud in a areo cloner

You see, not all clones are created equal - you want to use ones with thicker stems and fully-developed leaves, further away from the bottom of the mother. From my experience - only those grow up to be strong and genetically sound plants. Using weak clones is kind of pointless and they should be discarded.

In regards to from clone to bud in the same setup - also from experience - if you are using plugs - you don't really need to keep clones in the dome until you see the roots protruding. Usually one week is enough. If you are propagating bare-rooted clones - then they are good to go as early as they start showing bumps on the bottom of the stem - those will become roots. I figured waiting for the roots to develop is really a waste of time in aero setup. I am not sure about the others. Just make sure not to put much nutes in the solution just yet.
There is also a good sign that a clone is ready, when you can see new growth with a yellowish tint. Yellow new leaves = good to go.

3 of my mothers nearly died and right now are recovering from the shock, that's why this is a problem. They are not huge, and there is no way I could take 200 viable clones off them

I drilled all the holes, deburred them, ordered everything else I needed, got the rails ready, waiting on the sprayers and caps in the mail.
In the meanwhile, cutting lots and lots of clones

Update: Hi-tech drainage system is ready!
I'm gutter bro!

Capture38.JPG

Capture116.JPG

This is the baby that l hope will push the water through 88 sprayheads.
It's 1/2 hp rated at 3300gph
Go hard or go home

Capture213.JPG

And these are the unreleased additives from Blue Planet Nutrients I will be testing in addition to the Blue Max 2-part and Liquid Blue (thanks Corey):

Capture39.JPG

After hours of measuring, drilling and threading 88 sprayers, the rails and the manifold are finally ready for a test run, which was a success. Never mind the hose - I will get steel-braided hoses tomorrow to replace this piece of junk.

Capture117.JPG
Capture214.JPG
Capture40.JPG
Capture310.JPG

I'm running my other setup 1 min on / 3 min off cycles (2pegs on 6 pegs off), but this might be an overkill - I went with it because that's what I've seen some of preset cycle timers set from the factory. So I thought there must be some science behind that.

I am still not sure how I am going to solve some of the problems I encountered with this setup, which are:
1) the catch pan overfills in 1min 20sec (that's what 2 pegs on ebay timer are worth) - I might go with 40 seconds instead (one peg)
2) the anti siphon valve I got restricts the flow too much - I don't get enough pressure in the system with it. I need to find a different one, or let the water siphon. That would make the rig - half-NFT / half aero. I found some anti-siphon valves that are not restrictive, but they would require re-plumbing the line from the pump to the manifold, which right now is a 1/2" ID braided hose

I'm running my other setup 1 min on / 3 min off cycles (2pegs on 6 pegs off), but this might be an overkill - I went with it because that's what I've seen some of preset cycle timers set from the factory. So I thought there must be some science behind that.

I am still not sure how I am going to solve some of the problems I encountered with this setup, which are:
1) the catch pan overfills in 1min 20sec (that's what 2 pegs on ebay timer are worth) - I might go with 40 seconds instead (one peg)
2) the anti siphon valve I got restricts the flow too much - I don't get enough pressure in the system with it. I need to find a different one, or let the water siphon. That would make the rig - half-NFT / half aero. I found some anti-siphon valves that are not restrictive, but they would require re-plumbing the line from the pump to the manifold, which right now is a 1/2" ID braided hose

Hey Android, I thought I'd toss a few ideas out there for your perusal. Mind you, these are my opinion and your final decision is yours. I have built and also bought several versions of this system, used for many years, years ago... I have found that too much spraying leads to a fast build-up for root rot. Myself, I use a simple $10.00 timer and run the pumps "ON" for 1 click (15 min.) and off for 90(to 120) minutes. As the roots grow downwards and migrate into the base, there's plenty of nutrients to soak up. As the plants age and thus amass a large amount of roots, I limit the spray on time to <30 minutes, 4X per day. Even in nature, all plants go through cycles of wet and dry and this is one reason, what causes the roots to seek lower extremes in search of water, thus the explosive growth. Just MHO.
To avoid the use of an anti-siphon valve, simply create a high loop, that is the supply hose runs in an upside down "U" or "loop" that is higher than the water level. This breaks the supplies' vacuum and has the same effect as an anti-siphon valve without the restriction. Hopefully your pump can handle it but from the looks of your set-up, the head value of your pump would only need to be a few feet and most in that volume range seem to be around 10' to 12"\'. Again, just MHO.

Back
Top Bottom