Sense Amelia's First Pop At Indoor Soil Grow

Sense Amelia

Hello guys and gals. I need just one more day to arrange a few more things with our setup and then I shall begin germination. (I plan to germ the 4 seeds under a T5 propogation lamp in Root Riot cubes)

• Strain - Mostly Indica (Seeds from "Cream of the Crop" -strain - "Custard Cream") 5 pack {Feminized}
  • Freebie - 1 x World of Seeds Medical Collection Mazar X Great White Shark {also feminized}
  • Indoor
  • Soil - BioBizz All Mix
  • Pot Size - 15 L
  • Light Situation - 1 x T5 propogation light and 1 x 600 watt HPS Dual Spectrum
  • Grow Area - DR100 Tent
  • It will be air cooled yes
  • Nutrients - Just wanted to keep it simple to be honest.... I have a bottle of Bio Grow and a bottle of Bio Bloom. Oh, and a little bucket of bat crap. (guano)

So nothing much else to report right now, I just wanted to get this journal ready to roll. :)

Got everything else we needed today and so finally the fun part begins. Or the stressful part... depending on how it all pans out. ;) This is my very first grow, so I'm bricking it a bit.

Sorry, pics stupidly large, only just getting hang of this. Here are my chosen beans. Fresh from Attitude :) I liked the way the description said they go well with a cuppa tea. (continual tea drinker here)

SDC11228.JPG

Pic of the 600 watt HPS hanging and ready to be fired up when the time comes.

For now, the T5 is on until my beans sprout.

SDC11237.JPG

And as you can see, like I said in my first post, I got them all in Root Riot cubes. Never grown before at all before, but I have germed ALOT of seeds with paper towel and soak in water/plant straight into little pot. But NEVER with these cubes so the little bleeders better do it for me!! I soaked them nice before popping the seeds in, and made sure they were all moist but not dripping!

SDC11242.JPG

SDC11243.JPG

They were put in about three and a half hours ago. I shall check on them tomorrow morning and remoisten if necessary, I expect it will be and I hope that T5 is not strong enough to dry them out too much before I get back to grow room in morn.

That's all for now. Wish me luck if you will and please feel free to point out if I'm going tits up anywhere along the way. :peace: Thanks folks!

Silly question, someone advised me to put the seedlings once they've outgrown the riot cubes, straight into 15Litre pots. Should I do this or put them into 4" pots first?

Hello, it's been about two weeks since my last post and I thought I would update you with a few pics and a bit about what's been going on. (If anyone's still with me, I did leave it a long time) :cheesygrinsmiley:

Beneath - my little ladies just rearing their heads. I had started them all out in root riot cubes which are lovely and snug for the seeds and make for great transplanting into pots when ready but boy oh boy, are they hard work. I had to keep tending to them, keeping them moist, so after having them under T5 light in their cubes I changed plan and moved them into airing cupboard where it was darker and moister and a wet paper towel underneath them on their tray. I did not at any point use a humidity dome.

SDC11244.JPG

I got impatient, and on 2nd October I gently checked inside of the cubes. (They were first planted on 29th september) 2/4 had sprouted, and the other 2 were still just seeds. I decided to put them all into 4" pots, 2 in their root riot cubes still, then inside the 4" and the other two I just put the seeds directly into the dirt of the little pots. I was fully expecting different growth rates but funnily enough, the 2 late comers caught RIGHT up with the ones in the cubes with no difficulty.

SDC11248.JPG

SDC11249.JPG

SDC11250.JPG

There they are sitting under the little T5 prop light on an 18/6 light cycle.

SDC11252.JPG

SDC11253.JPG

SDC11254.JPG

SDC112551.JPG

SDC112562.JPG

SDC112572.JPG

SDC112602.JPG

SDC112591.JPG

SDC112582.JPG

SDC112622.JPG

SDC11263.JPG

SDC112642.JPG

SDC11265.JPG

Under the 600 watt HPS now in their final homes (15 litre pots) I was battling with heat then... and there was a quick scrabble to try and make everything cooler until I get some stuff today or saturday. (Got a air cooled hood coming and a few other things which the other half organised. I'm female and I forget the names of them ;))

SDC11266.JPG

SDC112701.JPG

SDC11269.JPG

SDC11268.JPG

SDC11271.JPG

SDC11272.JPG

SDC11273.JPG

I should have some fresher pics from today later on. They wake up for breakfast in 45 mins Heh.

Only other items to note would be that I am switching to different nutes (NOT that I have used any yet - no need at this stage of course) I am changing from Bio Bloom and Grow to some Canna products.
I would also say that because I possibly transplanted them into those bigger pots a bit early, (Tues 9th October) and because of the little battle with heat (lasted a day or so at 88.5 deg F!!) my babies are doing amazingly well. They are growing new leaves, they are always kept moist but no way damp/soggy. I give them less rather than more, it is safer. At this stage they're only small and do not need much at all. There are NO signs of yellowing, wilting, tiredness, or stress. (Unlike me ha ha ha!!!) :Namaste:

Here they are today looking just beautiful. Does BioBizz All Mix contain enough nutes to carry these through until flower? They do not look hungry or tired, or discoloured at all.

SDC11336.JPG

SDC11335.JPG

SDC113331.JPG

SDC113321.JPG

SDC113301.JPG

SDC113291.JPG

SDC113281.JPG

SDC113271.JPG

SDC113171.JPG

SDC11316.JPG

I asume Biobizz is a time release soil ?? Never heard of it. As far as enough nutes go, we are about to find out. I am going to go call the troops

Hi Sinful. :;):

From what I understand and have read since asking, is that the plants should not need nutes for four weeks if using Biobizz All Mix. Mine are only into their 2nd week of veg or there abouts. I guess it's just a case of keeping an eye on them, and looking for any change in them. I also found a BioBizz feeding chart which outlines basic use of nutes. I have a bottle of Biobizz Grow and a bottle of Bloom.

I love how new plants are so perfectly symetrical

Here are some pics from today. I plan on letting these veg for about two weeks longer, hopefully by then they will be about 9-10 " tall and ready to be flipped into 12/12. I think they have had about 18 days in 18/6 light cycle now.

SDC113551.JPG

SDC113711.JPG

SDC113701.JPG

SDC113681.JPG

SDC11367.JPG

SDC113651.JPG

SDC113631.JPG

SDC113621.JPG

SDC113611.JPG

The VK in my grow suffered from Miracle Gro soil abuse.
It's coming back now; slowly but surely.

You're about the same stage as my Super Lemon Haze, but yours look healthier IMO.

I heard that Vanilla Kush can be quite "finicky" to grow, not sure how much truth there is to that though.

In your post # 19, which one is the VK? They sure did pick up by the looks of it and I am sure they will just thrive. :winkyface:

I decided to go for the All Mix and then after purchase read a bit, and panicked that it could be too "hot" for my babies but they liked it from the get go, 2 of my seeds were planted directly into that soil. So I will never waste money on "Light Mix" now knowing these were fine.

With watering, I really do neglect the lil' ladies. Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? But right from the day they reared their heads I have been very frugal with what I let them drink. Obviously I do not keep the poor things in a bone dry state though. Hard to explain. Less is so much easier to correct that more is my way of looking at it. Although, at this stage, I would say they are starting to "ask" me for more. Sometimes I notice the base leaves drooping down slightly, then after letting them drink a bit more, I look at them half an hour later and they have perked right up again.

I will follow your journal with interest. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom