Perpetual Grow - Blue Mystic Indoor

Amsterdam28

Hey 420,

This is my 2nd grow and I decided I wanted to do a perpetual grow. The idea behind this method is that all of the space in my grow area is being utilized all the time. When a plant is removed the flowering room to be harvested, it is replaced by one from the veg room, and a clone taken from the mother plants replaces the plant from the veg room. My slight modification to this is that rather than 1 plant at a time I will move 4 at once.

Each month I will harvest 4 plants that have been flowering for 60 days and start 4 more. Hopefully this diagram helps what I'm trying to explain...

SOG_diagram.jpg

I start topping and LST'ing early with the goal of keeping the canopy even under the lights as well as making the plant dense and filling up the area above the pot. Basically like in the diagram, I want the entire area to be covered in green rather than any dirt showing. I have been working on this setup for a little while so I have 3 of the 4 areas growing already.

Mother Plant
DSC_00889.jpg

Month 1 Plants (freshly rooted clones)
DSC_009011.jpg

Month 2
DSC_00919.jpg

Month 3
DSC_00928.jpg

The current full picture, just missing Month 4
DSC_00939.jpg

So in 2 more weeks I will start 4 more clones (well, maybe 6 in case a couple die or I decide I just want to keep the 4 strongest) so they are rooted in time for the next month cycle. 2 months from now I will begin harvesting every month...hopefully I get about an ounce a month from it, but we'll see. Thanks for stopping by. :welcome:

Exactly, it will be two months of veg. I need shorts plants though because I have a really small space to work with. Besides, this is just for personal use and even 4 small plants will already be more than I smoke myself. I'm thinking all the extra will be for experimenting with edibles. ;-)

Hey Wiz,
I haven't been on much lately. Not sure why really, but lately when I have had time to chill online I'm usually looking at fantasy football stuff ;-). My girls are doing good. I added a carbon filter and inline fan to try and get some more air circulation going as well as cut down on the smell, not that it has been much of a problem though. I am taking some more clones this weekend, I'll try and snap some pics then too so I can keep this journal going. I have definitely been slipping in that regard.

2 months of veg sounds like a good idea. How tall are you trying to get them?

Yea I'm waiting for you to upload some good pictures.

I want my plants to be bushy. I'm getting them have about 35 tops and that's not including the 13 branches and there side branching. So as much tops and branches I can get when Octobers over. Also I'm giving them a lot of carbohydrates and this advance additive Rhino Skin. They will be ready to hold huge buds.

Down side 2 of my plants are going threw zinc deficiency. So I'm working on them now. Ill be topping all of those grow sites tomorrow.

Hope all is well on your end.

LAST MONTH
DSC_00939.jpg

THIS MONTH
DSC_009813.jpg

OK, so it has been quite a while since my last update. On the plus side, it allows for the pictures to be more dramatic!

My mother plant continues to grow strong, in fact a little too well. I only need 4 cuttings from it per month (I take 5 in case one of the clones looks weak or doesn't make it) but this thing could handle way more than that. I'm thinking of using the extra growth to experiment with. For example, I want to try the whole flavoring technique of adding an extract such as vanilla just before harvest. I did recently start experimenting with some extra clones I had. I am going to see if I can get one of them to turn purple by stressing it with temps during the dark hours.

MOTHER PLANT
DSC_007917.jpg
DSC_008018.jpg

SOME EXTRA CLONES I PUT TO 12/12 THAT I AM EXPERIMENTING WITH
DSC_009210.jpg
DSC_009111.jpg

1 MONTH OLD PLANTS
DSC_00829.jpg
DSC_008410.jpg

2 MONTH OLD PLANTS
DSC_00857.jpg
DSC_00867.jpg

3 MONTH OLD PLANTS
DSC_009310.jpg
DSC_009510.jpg

THE WHOLE GROW (MISSING 0-1 MONTH OLDS)
DSC_010213.jpg
DSC_009813.jpg

CLONES THAT WILL BECOME THE 0-1 MONTH OLDS IN THE NEXT 3 DAYS
DSC_01129.jpg

My clones are doing well and should be ready to plant this weekend. My first harvest from this perpetual grow should happen around December 5th and then every month going forward. In the mean time, I had one plant that was kind of an extra which I decided to throw into the flowering room (rather than throw it away) and it should be ready to harvest in the next 3-4 weeks. I have plenty in my stash already so this plant will strictly be used for some brownies.

Hmmm, do I need to cure bud that is going straight into edibles?? :reading420magazine:

Now that's a nice Christmas present, lol

T5 for the flowers in veg plus 3 23w CFL's for the mother plant, 200w CFL plus a couple 23w CFL's for the plants in flower. So far so good using them. Here's the flowering shelf with half the plants up there plus a couple experimental clones on the side.
DSC_010613.jpg

Yeah, I have to keep them short because of my limited space. You should see how many string each of these damn plants have on them to keep them all about the same height. I have broken at least 3 branches just from trying to bend them too far.

As for the yield, I won't get my first harvest from this type of grow until the Dec 5th one. My last 2 harvests were around half an oz each but that was 1 plant in a circular pot rather than this setup. If I got half an oz per month that would be enough for my personal use, since I only vape occasionally. I would be happy with 1 oz per month though since that would allow me to do more experimenting. I'll definitely weight it up though once it is dry and let you know. What are you targeting/expecting?

Still, that is crazy impressive. I have been actually going the opposite route and using less and less nutes. I have been feeding the plants mainly just ph'd water for 2 waterings, then nutes and water every third time. I can't even imagine having a plant that could put out that much weight...your harvests are going to take forever! lol, but in a good way.

Pretty much im vegging longer and more nutes so that i can use up all my base nutes that I have now so that i can get new base nutes. I want to try out this new nute line called Jacks LX & Pro. it has trace minerals like calcium,boron,copper, zinc. There like 3% and up. So you figure there wont be any need for PH'd water because it works as a PH its self. Plus its high in NPK. No more deficiencies :thumb:

I only use Bio-Bloom in terms of nutes, and am only growing Blue Mystic. I might try a sativa in the future, but I like the results of this strain so far so no plans to change anything. I would like something that is more of an upper though, compared to this one which has me couch locked most of the time lol

Back
Top Bottom