Spring's 2nd auto Grow under CFL's. Auto Bomb and Big Bang Auto

spring2012

Well folks this is my second grow and I am again growing autos. I chose Dutch Passions Big Bang auto and Auto Bomb because I wanted to see if I could achieve high yields as others have. My love for autos is strong I will probably stick primarily with them until I feel ready for regular plants. I kind of added these two girls into my older journal. They are already at 5 weeks. I wanted to give them their own thread as My older thread will be moved to complete. I added in as many pics as I could sorry so many!!

FFOF soil

Straight to 3 gallon pots from germ

Under 19 CFLs. Spectrum mix 70/30 depending on Veg/Flower. 18 CFLs are 23 watt (100 equiv ). 6500k and 2300k. Last CFL is 200 true watts with a hood.

In Virtual Sun 4x2x5' tent.

Temps withg lights on range from 82 to 86. Lights off 70 to 73. RH stays around 50%

Ventalation is from a 4" and 6" fan pulling form lower passive flaps of tent. Heat outtake and smell is through a carbon filter then pulled into attic with a 400cfm inline fan. I also use another 4" fan to blow on the ballasts. CFL's do get hot.

Nutes are used at 5 weeks because of the FFOF factor. I then follow the FF soil feeding schedule adding in some cal/mag, Super thrive, and molasses.

Feed every water and water every 3 to 4 days. Usually a gallon each.

hj2.JPG
HPIM3219.JPG
HPIM3216.JPG
HPIM3217.JPG
HPIM3218.JPG
HPIM3215.JPG
HPIM3193.JPG
HPIM3192.JPG
HPIM31911.JPG
HPIM3188.JPG
HPIM3189.JPG
HPIM3190.JPG
HPIM3187.JPG
HPIM3084.JPG
HPIM3080.JPG
HPIM3079.JPG
HPIM3077.JPG
HPIM3078.JPG
HPIM3076.JPG
HPIM3083.JPG
HPIM3075.JPG
HPIM3050.JPG
HPIM3051.JPG
HPIM3035.JPG
HPIM3034.JPG
HPIM3033.JPG
HPIM3032.JPG
HPIM3020.JPG
HPIM3018.JPG
HPIM3019.JPG
big_bang_auto_2_.JPG
big_bang_auto_1_.JPG
IMG00207-20121015-2232.jpg
IMG00206-20121015-2232.jpg

Hello Spring! :ciao:

I am very excited to watch this grow, and I love the pictures of what you have done so far. I was interested to see you using the pipe cleaners for LST, I think the ones I got must be very weedy, they wouldn't hold a feather let alone a strong girly MJ! I have to get my arse in gear sooner rather than later this time so I can get LSTing.

Also can't wait to see what happens with the Big Bang and Auto Bomb. I've got a Big Bang (not being used this time) and have heard great things about the Auto Bomb.

Your love for autos is clear, and very infectious! It was down to you and Smokey I started, and I don't think I will ever grow without at least one auto on the go :)

Here's to lots of fun! :cheer:

Hello Spring! :ciao:

I am very excited to watch this grow, and I love the pictures of what you have done so far. I was interested to see you using the pipe cleaners for LST, I think the ones I got must be very weedy, they wouldn't hold a feather let alone a strong girly MJ! I have to get my arse in gear sooner rather than later this time so I can get LSTing.

Also can't wait to see what happens with the Big Bang and Auto Bomb. I've got a Big Bang (not being used this time) and have heard great things about the Auto Bomb.

Your love for autos is clear, and very infectious! It was down to you and Smokey I started, and I don't think I will ever grow without at least one auto on the go :)

Here's to lots of fun! :cheer:

Thanks for being a part of this! The pipe cleaners work good. I bend them back on themselves where the attach to the pot. Helps hold them down. This is my first attempt at any kind of LST. I hope good things come from it. I will need to take recent shots to show how open they both are. We will see on the harvest!! I'm hopeful. The AutoBomb suffered a nasty burn to her main cola almost two weeks ago. She has bounced back but looks overloaded with green growth. Very little in the pistil dept compared to the rest of her.

Hey guys. I know it has been a slow start!! I will post more updates. This time of year is a busy time for me!

I have some pics...Just want to add to them. Ill post them this eve. The LST experiment seems to be working well. The light is able to get to everything. I did release the main cola on both plants. They were getting hard to hold back. No need to worry, The Veg is over for the most part and the canopy is essentially level. I started nutes two weeks ago. I'm using half the FF soil schedule. At week 6 now. I also had in a 1/4 tsp of super thrive and 1 tsp of cal/mag. Ill add in Molasses next feeding. There both drinking a gallon every 3 to 4 days. Is that enough? Or should I water more than a gallon each. The plants seem healthy. No signs of the rust blotches I had last grow at this time. Could be the Cal/mag? Not sure. Im still keeping my eye on the previously damaged main top. She seems to be OK. I see two different flower sites now with pistils. Not really sure if I almost fimmed the damn then by burning it. It happened toward the end of Veg growth so I am not sure what the ultimate effect will be.

Well I will be sure to post a few pics tonight. Thanks for coming by!!

Cant wait for the updates Spring. Gallon each you say? I think thats well enough. I only water my 2 biggest plants half gallon each and there 3 months old. So im pretty sure your getting them the right amount. And the Calmag is good stuff. I use it every feed 5ml then 10ml and then back to 5ml. But molasses has a good %g of all that stuff so I skip a few feeds with it. What molasses are you using? I have Botanicare Blackstrap Molasses now. I could find a gallon of Grandma Molasses any where.

I'd echo Wiz on the CalMag here. I've struggled with this deficiency all the way through with Ruby, and more so into flower and I can't seem to sort it out properly without overdosing lol. I am definitely going to use a minimal amount as a staple nute in my next grow to try and stop the major issues occuring in the first place.

And note to self... find a bulk buy molasses ....

Cant wait for the updates Spring. Gallon each you say? I think thats well enough. I only water my 2 biggest plants half gallon each and there 3 months old. So im pretty sure your getting them the right amount. And the Calmag is good stuff. I use it every feed 5ml then 10ml and then back to 5ml. But molasses has a good %g of all that stuff so I skip a few feeds with it. What molasses are you using? I have Botanicare Blackstrap Molasses now. I could find a gallon of Grandma Molasses any where.

Thanks Spring, will do some checking!

I use Grandmas unsulphered molasses. Works good. But I am open to try another! Wiz Walmart.com sells your brand by the gallon and case. Fluff they are an international company...Maybe near you?

Well folks here are some pics. I promised last night but I was unable to find time! Remember its only two girls. Now here is my dilemma. I believe I may have mixed up which seed was what. I'm am unsure which one is the Auto Bomb and which one is the Big Bang. Does anyone have a clue? I am going to start looking now.

In the pics you can see how the LST was done. I really feel it will help. I did some close up shots on the main cola that was burned. Give me your thoughts. I started to think it may behave as if it was fimmed. Not sure. The Glass pic is something new!

HPIM3357.JPG
HPIM3355.JPG
HPIM3354.JPG
HPIM3353.JPG
HPIM3352.JPG
HPIM3351.JPG
HPIM33501.JPG
HPIM33491.JPG
HPIM33481.JPG
HPIM33471.JPG
HPIM33461.JPG
HPIM3345.JPG
HPIM3344.JPG
HPIM3343.JPG
HPIM3342.JPG
HPIM33411.JPG
HPIM33401.JPG
HPIM3339.JPG
HPIM33301.JPG

Yes I know they both look a bit raggedy! I just watered them so they still look thirsty, and I am not removing fan leaves. Unless the entire leave turns yellow I am leaving it on. I did a defoil this late in the game last grow and I fear it may have hurt the grow.

:laugh:

I remember the cat in the last journal Spring, this is becoming a very funny theme! :thumb:

I didnt even notice till now!! Truly a Ninja. She even took some blood from my Mother-in-laws Chiwawa this morning. No more dog sitting for me!

Migration to the new journal successful.

Back
Top Bottom