ChemDawg D BX 3

What strain is it? Chemdawg D BX 3 by Canna Venture Seeds

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Hybrid.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seeds germed on 01/13/2013 @ 4:20 P.M. using the paper towel method.

If in Veg... For how long? N/A.

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soilless.

If soil... what is in your mix? SSM#8.

If soil... What size pot? 2 gallon.

Size of light?
-Seedling: 125 watt Feliz blue spectrum mogul-based CFL
-Vegetative: 1st half - same; 2nd half - 250 watt Growbright MH w/Lumatek 250/400 switchable ballast.
-Flowering: 400 watt Eye Hortilux HPS with same 250/400 digital ballast.

Is it aircooled? 4" inline 170 cfm fan (out); passive airflow (in).

Temp of Room/cab? around 81 degrees F.

RH of Room/cab? 48%

PH of media or res? 6.4

Any Pests ? No.

How often are you watering? I expect to water 2 times/week.

Type and strength of ferts used? Advanced Nutrients Iguana Grow and Bloom organic program w/Nirvana*.

* I am going to use Great White Shark mychorrizae in place of AN's Tarantula and Piranha, and I may flavor the buds with a little blue agave nectar when I chop.

One of the things I am going to do here is try to get a father to breed with a Rezdog's CDD v1.1 mother plant. I doubt it's going to be this easy, but I'm hoping that a less garlicky smelling father will mean one with more of the clone-only mother's genes. A good keeper from both groupings is all I need. I'll flower out the rest of the females to dry, smoke, and get high off of. I hope to selectively breed for a few generations to lock in the trait (strong buzz. period.), then IBL it until something really cool happens (if I'm lucky). I'll have pics up in a week or so.

Ooh ooh ooh, AHH AHH AHH!!!!

:peace:

Less than 5 full days later all 11 seedlings are broken out of the soil to some extent (this is about the average size).

0011140.JPG

This grow is my personal best to this point so far. 11 out of 11 germ rate doesn't surprise me; the seedbanks pick stock well. But 7 of 11 were open in 12 hours, 2 more by the 16 hour mark, and at 36 hours all 11 were open, and 7 out of 11 of the seedlings had a fuzzy taproot, which I've only seen one other time when some Clonex residue got on to a few taproots of newly opened seeds next to a few seeds I was trying to save with it. The 2 beans were duds, but the surrounding good seeds had this hormonal(?) side effect. I like the vigor I am seeing here. For anyone curious about this strain, I will post pics as often as possible.

Subd, always interested in breeding.:peace::love::adore::morenutes:

Cool! Welcome onboard! I guess the first thing I need to do is pick the right Dad and Mom (11 beans ain't a lot to choose from) and get the cross stabilized. When I pick both, I'll take a female clone from Mom and refrigerate pollen from Dad for back crosses. The rest of the males will hit the trash can and the females will get flowered out for chimpsmoke..... :)

Subbed as always potchimp mate!

Will be a great journal this one, never done any breeding so i'l be here to learn :)

Welcome, JBC420! I haven't done any either, but I've been wanting to. I started a few times but read more on the subject and realized that I started out with unstable parents and I started over this time. Damn, would have been a good one, too. Ice/Blueberry x Super Lemon Haze/Blueberry with a common Blueberry father. Oh well, I can't wait to see what comes out of this second attempt. I've been thinking that I might wind up with a mother out of this first part as opposed to a father. There isn't any info out on this hybrid, but following what Canna Venture Seeds seems to be doing with similar strains tells me that they took a Chemdawg D clone only mother, crossed it with their garlic pheno father, and through the breeding process backcrossed a father (probably F1, F2, and F3) three times to that original Chemdawg D clone mother. I'll take these out enough generations to breed out the garlic father genetics as much as I can (in groups of 16) and as soon as all the kids look the same I'll pick a mother, then proceed to step 2 and redo the same breeding process with Rezdog's CDD v1.1 at which point I'll pick a father. Then breed out and stabilize those two and IBL that new strain until I get a goodie to make a mother out of or I evolve into something intelligent whichever comes first.

Notes : Week 3, Day 1 - All the plants were fed week three of Fox Farms full feeding schedule. I am doing this grow for an attempt at breeding two similar strains out, so I'll use FF on the parents and switch over to AN on the ones I grow out to smoke. I purchased 5.5" pots to start my grows out in from now on because the 4" peat pots I have been using get dry too soon. The only way to keep them wet long enough is to waterlog the soil. This strain is the worst one yet to show those symptoms so young. I'll do a transplant soon and post pics when they hit veg.

Notes : One plant has larger second leaves and I marked the tag. Not likely that it means anything but I want to get used to watching plant traits so I can maybe pick a good male. Yesterday I looked at a few journals on here and decided that @ 3 weeks my plants were small. I know it's partly due to having to waterlog the soil to keep this loose mix from getting dry in such small amounts, but I switched over to a 200 watt full spectrum mogul-base CFL this morning anyway. The locker temp is higher but within a reasonable range (80 degrees @ plant top level). 'Cause I'm a greedy chimp that wants to smoke like a Navajo Chief I got a bottleneck in all my grow units, but tonight I'm moving a few plants into the final dark period before chop so I'll have room to transplant these. What I will do is move 7 of them into the other unit I'll be clearing out and leaving 4 in here. I may switch to a 300 watt red spectrum mogul-base CFL when I do that and start 12/12 on both. When I can determine sex I'll keep the parents in the locker and flower out the rest of the females in the closet unit. Over a month and my CDD v1.1 seeds aren't here yet; hoping they get here soon. I'll post pics after the transplant.

The first pic is at week 4 day 6 just before feeding FF (week 4), Great White Shark, 1 tsp. Hi Brix cane sugar molasses, and CalMag. The second is today (2 days later, week 5 day 1) after topping most of them at the 4th node and putting up panda film in the closet.

0041036.JPG

008743.JPG

I'll be putting them into flower after another week or so. I'll pick the first round of parents by the tips I got out of Green's Cannabis Breeder's Bible. I'll keep a detailed list of all plant traits in each generation patterned after the list in his book. This is two similar strains so it shouldn't be too difficult to work with. Post more pics soon.

Man two weeks plus and just now starting to show sex a little. I'll cut the cycle down to 11/13 if these don't pick up the pace. Week 8, Day 1:

009678.JPG
010642.JPG

I've written down a list of plant traits so that when I get to the end of the father and mother's lives I can chart them in detail (along with pics). I can reference these later if I need to make determinations. I'll keep a clone of the mother and pollen from the father in my refrigerator. Post more pics when I pic the parents for F1.

I hope the results turn out to be worth the time, KushMeister. I transplanted all 11 plants into 2 gallon grow containers (bags and pots) using Roots Organic soil. I put them under a 400 watt Eye-Hortilux HPS afterwards and picked two males out; they are showing. One is the plant I noted earlier in this thread. The other will hit the compost bag along with any further males. If any female starts showing good traits after I make my initial choice I can always switch them out, but I better be scrutinous with the male. This male has good node spacing and flowering at all the nodes so far, as well as a strong main stem. Post pics soon.

Cool I am not the only one with Chemdog D on forums :). Mine is the original Chem D pheno though so will be interesting to see the BX 3 difference.

Here is a bud pic from last harvest Chimp. I think you will dig it once yours finish.

09911.JPG
004928.JPG

Back
Top Bottom