Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth - LA Diva & Afghan Kush Ryder

Aaron Quix

Alright folks, time for a quick auto grow. Time is a bit limited for this grow, as there is a new addition to the family on her way, and I surely won't have time to grow, at least for a few this summer...(I'll probably manage something but...) We're very excited:high-five:

I'm in a new place, with a new space, and a few new abilities and toys. Most everything will be mentioned and or pointed out along the way.

Please know that this is a very casual journal, and welcome any questions comments and concerns. I will typically do my best to respond to everyone in a reasonable amount of time, but if you have a question I cannot answer, there will surely be someone here who can.

Any and all cross chatter is welcome, as long as its respectful and falls within the posting guidlines.

So, with that, here is the rundown....

I germed 6 seeds, they all sprouted in 2-7 days. They were planted in FF Happy Frog soil, watered with Superthrive and all broke ground within 8 days from germination! You may notice that Chemwreck kush is NOT an auto. I am running the lights at 15 on, 9 off because my current situation calls for it. It is not the optimal 18/6 that the other 5 autos may prefer, and its definitely not the preferred method to start regular or feminized plants. I've seen grows where the grower runs 12/12 from seed, otherwise known as a "No mercy" light schedule. Its a bit of an experiment out of necesity, and should provide some useful insight into how well plants take to an irregular light schedule.

What strain is it?--X2 Blue Mammoth from Barney's Farm(Auto)
X2 Afghan Kush Ryder from World of Seeds(Auto)
X1 LA Diva from Delicious Seeds(Auto)
X1 ChemWreck Kush REG from Connoisseur Genetics

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?--

Blue Mammoth info:
Type: Auto-flowering Indica
Yield: 15 - 20 gr per plant
Height: 60 - 80cm
Flower time: 70 days from seed
Harvest time: All year
THC: 10 to 12%
CBD: High
Genetics: Skunk#1 X Blue Cheese X Siberian Ruderalis

LA Diva info:
Type: Indica/Sativa/Ruderalis

Harvest / Flowering Time: Autoflowering (45 days)
Production: 300 g/m² indoor
THC Level: 15%
Genetics: Blueberry X Il Diavolo

Afghan Kush Ryder info:
Linage: Pure landrace from Afghanistan re-crossed with Rudelaris.
Genotype: indica-rudelaris 100%

Hight: 40-80 cm
Production: 100-150 gr/m2 indoors

Resistance to mildew: High
Resistance to plagues: Middle/ High.
Flowering phase: 45-55
Medical value: High
Smell: Hash
Taste: Noble wood
Effect: very narcotic, almost devastating.
THC Level:22%

ChemWreck Kush info:
(Trainwreck/OG Kush x Chemdog bx2 Trainwreck, OG Kush and Chemdawg D combine...the tropical lime/citrus smells of our our Trainwreck/OG Kush females blend with the kushy/chemmy funk from one our Chemdog bx2 males, expect extreme resin production, potency and complex flavors sure to impress even the hardest to please.
Flowering Time : 8 - 10 Weeks

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?--
While the autos will more or less start to flower automatically within a week or so, the CW Kush will veg for a few weeks before flowering hormones kick in.

Indoor or outdoor--Indoor

Soil or Hydro--Soil
If soil... what is in your mix--Fox Farms Happy Frog to start, and will transplant into 50/50 FF Ocean Forrest/Perlite once roots are established(About two weeks)

If soil... What size pot--Will finish in #3 Smart Pots

Size of light--Running 600w HiLux Gro metal halide conversion bulb from Ushio at 75%(450w) for now, and will finish with a 600w HTG Supply cheapy HPS.

Is it aircooled--Currently, no. I have the sprouts about 20" below the MH, which is housed in a simple Max Wing reflector, and run a tower style fan a few feet away to cool the area. They seem to like it. I do however, have a decent 6" XtraSun from Hydrofarm that may go into action with the switch to HPS. It is ported, and will have a 6", 400cfm Active Air inline fan from Hydrofarm to cool it. It will vent to the attic, and the room will have around 8" of passive intake installed to provide movement of air to the plants, as well as heat removal for the light.

Temp of Room/cab--81 @ lights on, and 70 during lights off.

RH of Room/cab--16% low-35% high. (Lower than optimal)

PH of media or res--I don't PH, and don't check...Don't hate!

Any Pests-- Just my wife:high-five: (Kidding, she's great:circle-of-love:)

How often are you watering--When they need it

Type and strength of ferts use--Blue Planet Nutrients 3 part!! Per the feeding schedule on the bottle.
Bucket Size--#3 Smart Pots

Size of grow space--~4X4X8

A few shots of the room...
P3040009.JPG
P3040010.JPG
P3040011.JPG
P3040012.JPG

As you can see, I've som cleaning up to do still, the room has been doubling as my pre-grow/ hash dabbing room lol.
I've been experimenting with dabbing attatchments for my water pipe, using the Dry Ice kief stash I made using a 190 micron bubble bag about 8 months ago. This stuff is well cured, and potent...
P3040015.JPG
P3040016.JPG
P3040018.JPG

I've been gone for a few months on work, a story for another day-But am glad to be back!
Hope to see some old friends around, but no pressure. This journal is more for my own personal reference than anything, but am happy to share it with the community and family. If someone new is able to learn from my experiences, and mistakes, then my time is well spent.

I'll update with important news or developments, mods to the grow etc. Meanwhile, sit back and enjoy:popcorn:

Happy Growing!!!

Re: Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth, LA Diva and Afghan Kush Ryder

:thumb:Hey all the best with your future grow im sure it will be a gooden!
as alwayz nuff respect.....

Thank you for the kind words BB, and welcome to it!

Re: Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth, LA Diva and Afghan Kush Ryder

Subbed great variety can't wait to get some autos

Hey there Mod, thanks for the compliment on variety, although they weren't seeds I picked, just freebies I had that I thought should fit my needs with regard to timing. I have to say, I've never been very interested in autos, as they will obviously yield less than a typical Indica, Sativa or hybrid of the two. That being said, I DO need this grow to finish quickly, and they can't be horrible, and I DO need the meds. So, to make a long story even longer, I guess my point is that, if I had my choice, I'd be running 3' FIMMED monsters with 8 fat colas each...But I can't, so I'm running these autos lol.

Now, a good friend of ours, and a bad ass grower here, XLR8, once grew an auto by the name of Big Bang Auto, in a home made 5 gallon "Water Farm" with added drip at the top. The damn thing gave him 4.7 oz. of beautiful nug. It stll blows me away. But then, he's truly a gifted and inteligent grower. My point here is that, given the right environment, and proper care, autos can perform well.

I'll be lucky to yield 1/2 zip/ plant, and that's ok, but my next grow will be purple, and regular photoperiod strains.

Thanks again for stopping in, and :welcome:

Q

I hope you don't mind my tagging along for this ride brother? :smokin:

Off to a very promising start!!:bravo:

You have some great journals under your belt and it's an honour to be here in live action :popcorn:

Hi there UG, and thanks for stopping by. I don't mind at all if you ride along. Thanks for the kind words as well, I'm not sure my past grows are very note worthy, but they've all been a great learning experience for me, and a pleasure to do because of the great people in them.

My updates will likely be fewer and farther between than I'd like, but should contain every step I take. Hope to see you around, and :welcome:

Taking a front row seat for this one!

Like Urban grower said its an honor to be here for this.
Reps+++

Welcome Shottafire:welcome:

Thank you for the kind words, you guys are too kind. Like I said above, the journal should contain most of the steps taken, for learning purposes. See ya soon:Namaste:

How could I not be here for this one! Quix is at it again. Auto's too. Can't miss this one!:cheer:

Oh man, my good friend, its GREAT to have you here, now it is I who am honored.:yahoo: Thanks for finding time to stop in and see me! I know you're a busy man. Like I was saying, I'm not the most enthused about having to run autos, but I'm feeling good about them nonetheless. Should be a cool learning experience too. They are happy little babies so far:high-five:
Good to see you Brother:Namaste:

Hey nice clean grow! plants off to a good start, kief looked juicy too! + reps.

Thanks again buddy, and, :welcome:, again lol. Update comming soon, albiet a minor one...

Quix old pal! Wouldn't miss this one brother - and thanks for the props on my Big Bang Auto - not sure I merit that much love, but I sure appreciate it my friend!

Nice start to the journal - congrats on the new toys. Sure is nice seeing you around again - truly brings a smile to my face. :)

The lings at exactly two weeks from dry seed...

P30600041.JPG

P30600011.JPG

I have them under the 600w @ 75% power still, 19" below the light. This creates a little heat, so I have a tower fan oscilating on them at medium power to keep the tops cool. Between the heat, the fan and a "relatively" low RH, the top layer of soil is drying a bit too quickly for my taste, so I topped them off with water and BPN @ 2.5 ml Grow, Micro and Bloom.--I just fed them, with the same solution 2 days ago. They LOVE the BPN.(So do my house plants).

Also, I forgot to mention that I am using the BPN Root Magic Micorhizae powder for an increase in root health and size. It was mixed into my soil before planting, and will be mixed into my soil before transplant as well. (Need to order more of that).

Hope all is well in all your worlds:Namaste:

Quix old pal! Wouldn't miss this one brother - and thanks for the props on my Big Bang Auto - not sure I merit that much love, but I sure appreciate it my friend!

Nice start to the journal - congrats on the new toys. Sure is nice seeing you around again - truly brings a smile to my face. :)

Ah Brother, the pleasure is mine my friend. And yeah, you deserve the merit dude-You're far too modest. I remember in a time long ago(Not really all that long ago, a few years maybe lol), in a place far away,(Here), a modest, small time op in a freakin mini fridge called "The Mothership", which STILL showed your skill as a grower, even in your earlier stages of learning. Not to mention the kindness and compassion you've demonstrated to everyone here, new and old, skilled and, well, less than skilled haha...Your friendship alone is valuable to me, and your journals are an asset to us all.

Thank you for taking the time to swing by, I know you're busy too. I'll be checking out your reviews and such soon! Much love buddy:Namaste:

Quix, good to see ya back buddy. The grow looks to be off to a kick ass start. :goodjob:

Good to see you around again Quix. It's always nice to get home from work and grow some meds.

Back
Top Bottom