Need Help! First Timer Here

chad44145

Hello, I believe I have already started a journal on the same grow, but can't find it...lol.
The strain is bag seed, but with 7 leaves, I am thinking a strain of Indica.

Growing medium is a 1-2 gallon pot. Soil is okay...plants seem to enjoy it.

Nutes I will be using is Dyna-Gro. I did use some MiracleGrow with a 20-20-20 ppm...too high.

Also, my PH was above 7-8...high Alkaline, but I have since adjusted to about 6.5.

Lights are 6 CFL 23 watt (100 replacement) 1610 lumens 6,500 Kelvin, with one 26 watt (100 replacement) 1,750 lumens 2,700 kelvin for vegging. Flowering will be reversed from 6,500 k to 8 2,700 k.

I have one plant right now that survived and need some feedback and help. I appreciate any help I can get and will post pictures when needed.

I still can't find, "click link for latest started journals." LOL...like I said, I will use this new one.

click the link i posted and then copy the url when you get to your old page, once you have that paste it in your signature and you can have it to click on all the time

5.5-6 is good ph range

This one was started under poor lighting until the grow area was complete. Since then, 6 23 watt (100 watt replacement) 6,500 kelvin, plus one 26 watt (100 watt replacement) 2,700 kelvin has been providing light. Soil has stayed the same since a seedling. Did mess up and water it with Miracle-Grow(MG) 20-20-20 at 1/2 strength...:bravo:...dummy. Ph was also a mess until a few days ago...higher than 7-8. However, got it at 6.5, but will make it lower.
SANY0418.JPG
SANY04211.JPG

About two or three weeks into the grow, have noticed from the beginning that leaves are curling under, forming brown spots (dying)...this has been traveling up to each set of growth. However, new growth is seen everyday. You can see from the pictures what is happening to the leaves as it grows. Have flushed this one-yesterday-with 6.5 phed water, mixed 1/4 tsp to 1 gallon of phed water and added some to the soil, but not much. I also seen on the Dyna-Gro that it can be used as a foliage spray, so I took some from the 1/4 tsp mix (same mix ratio) and sprayed the leaves. I will spray the leaves (lights on) with phed water in a few. However, should I reduce the ph lower than 6.5 and then spray, or keep it at 6.5?
Yellowing_evenly_dispersed.JPG
Leaves_curl_down_yellow_spots.JPG
Hopefully_its_a_girl.JPG

Was actually looking at some information on this site about ph levels for soil. I will try to get it down to about 6.0 or 6.2. However, will this cause a problem with the ph such as a ph unbalance and throw the thing into stress?

Plus, I was reading about using mylar or white paint was better than foil. Got some mold resistant Dutch that I could paint on the inside here. It mentioned foil is okay if the dull side is used...well I used the shinny side like a noob.

click the link i posted and then copy the url when you get to your old page, once you have that paste it in your signature and you can have it to click on all the time

5.5-6 is good ph range

jlt, I believe you are incorrect in this info. In hydro yes a ph of 5.5-6 would be target but in soil the plants require a ph of between 6.5-7. Hit that and they will thrive in good soil mix. hope you found this useful.

Plus, I was reading about using mylar or white paint was better than foil. Got some mold resistant Dutch that I could paint on the inside here. It mentioned foil is okay if the dull side is used...well I used the shinny side like a noob.

Yes flat white paint is what u want or mylar. Foil is not right it reflects the light all wrong and is very... well not flat. gallon flat white be most economical choice. hope u found this of some help.

I read what jlt mentioned in another area, but I was also told that 6.5 would be okay. I will keep it at 6.5 right now and monitor it closely, but make changes if necessary. I just don't want to make any rapid changes in ph, rather, make it slowly if I must.

I have semi gloss I believe, but I will get some flat or mylar. The foil seems to be working for the moment, but will possibly upgrade to another box soon. Therefore, would the foil be okay for now with the amount of lighting I have?

I have semi gloss I believe, but I will get some flat or mylar. The foil seems to be working for the moment, but will possibly upgrade to another box soon. Therefore, would the foil be okay for now with the amount of lighting I have?

IMO sooner better to replace. you could also get panda plastic its black one side white the other my first grow i wrapped whole room with the stuff worked great. hint when putting it up if you are stapling it up tack a little piece of duct tape and put it on plastic/mylar where you are put a staple that way it doesn't rip tear pull out without a lil tug. lil piece of cardboard works as well. hope u found this helpful.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom