Token-Up 1st Grow 2013

Token-up

I have been stalking you guys for about a month now and figured I mite be ready to start a journal. I am a new born in the big wide world of growing, and like everything else I have ever done, I have jumped in with both feet and really trying to keep my head above water. I have a few different strains growing and hoping I will get some help with this mess I have created. You'll see! First is what I call "The Dope Box Grow". I cleaned out my box and threw a hand full of seeds into a large planter filled with soil. and guess what, they grew. :rocker:
HPIM3539.JPG

And A couple of closeups of the flowers.
HPIM3537.JPG
HPIM3536.JPG
HPIM35351.JPG
HPIM3534.JPG

I sure hope these photos load properly. Keep in mind this is my first attempt on here to communicate or load a photo. My biggest question is do you think these have a chance of producing any buddage? These where planted from seed around thanks giving of last year. I know, way over due, but that is why I am here. I have six different first time grows going and have questions on each one. Two of the six projects are in DWC. I will get more pics real soon in an effort to get a few questions answered.

Well just got time to upload more pictures. This is my freshly built flowering room. Got the The Dope Box Grow experiment in soil, GDP in DWC, and 2 Girl Scout Cookies in DWC. They are about 2 weeks into flowering and pretty heavily stressed up until a couple of days ago. I defoliated them the same time they went into flower, which I will never do again. I have learned it is better to defol. them after 21 days in flower and then at 45 days, so I will try that next time around.

Also today I am putting 7 Blue Dream beans into germination to get ready for the next and hopefully better grow.

HPIM3553.JPG
HPIM3554.JPG

The building was about 12 feet up in a large tree and was be used as a kids tree house. was real interesting getting this thing down and moved to my house all for FREE. What a deal! Anyway if anyone stumbles across my journal please feel free to ask questions or better yet give advise to a beginner, it would be greatly appreciated.

Planted 7 blue dream seeds changed all DWC water and feed everything. In flower right now I have the following:
1. 11 - The Dope Box Grow
2. 2 - Girl Scout Cookies
3. 1 - Grand Daddy Purple
4. 1 - Purple Dragon
5. 3 - Blue Berry Kush
6. 3 - Black Cherry Cola

Also have aquired all the parts for the fill and drain system and the SOG set-up for the next flowering which will be the Blue Dream. Also ordered two different orders of new beans. The Church and White Widow Big Bud! All clones are still living so should have a nice varitity

A coupla questions;

What kinda nutes and how are you treating the plants in dwc...BTW, I could never figure out why nobody makes the dwc system like you did........it is failsafe and IMHO...the perfect configuration with the hoses entering at the TOP and not the bottom...it makes sense, and whoever decided to put grommets and hoses at the bottom should be shot without further ado!

What kind of soil and treatment are the dirt grows getting?

You either heve been studying alot or you're sanbaggin, you don't seem like a real beginner....you bit off alot!

Im with mcl for a beginner you are going in like a seasoned vet!! Props on swooping in on a free grow room, aint half bad I can dig it. Was the hand full of seeds in the pot an experiment? The only thing I could see happening with them is they are all fighting for water and nutrient uptake, they should be able to produce some buds though. Looks so cool with all the stocks shooting out :) Can't wait to see what another first time grower can produce, Will be around Token :thumb: CA215

HAHA, first one here token, glad you made a journal and I'm excited to see what you do. Welcome to 420, I would so like to go back to cali for a visit, I miss my bros, the swimmin holes, the GIANT plants, and my family that's still there!:welcome:

We moved here to CA because my mother died unexspectedly and a week later my wife was farting around on facebook and found her father after 25 years. Long weird story! Well if you ever make it back for a visit you will have to let me know. :peacetwo:

A coupla questions;

What kinda nutes and how are you treating the plants in dwc...BTW, I could never figure out why nobody makes the dwc system like you did........it is failsafe and IMHO...the perfect configuration with the hoses entering at the TOP and not the bottom...it makes sense, and whoever decided to put grommets and hoses at the bottom should be shot without further ado!

What kind of soil and treatment are the dirt grows getting?

You either heve been studying alot or you're sanbaggin, you don't seem like a real beginner....you bit off alot!

I am using the Humbolt nutes on everything and the soil in an all organic mix. The girls look a little rough because I had just Defoliated them when I got the idea to start the journal. Also thanks for kudos and I promise this is definitely my first grow. I just want to bud these out so I can get the next grow going. I will be doing something completely different. :peacetwo:

Thats the way i started but i seperated them soon after! Still nice that way too!! :)

Thanks luvsmokinweed, I started to seperate them when they where little but did not know the strain, knew this was a test run, and really did think I would have killed them by now by doing all the learning curves on them. They would be much fatter with more branches if I would have defol. them and did some bending and shaping long ago.

Im with mcl for a beginner you are going in like a seasoned vet!! Props on swooping in on a free grow room, aint half bad I can dig it. Was the hand full of seeds in the pot an experiment? The only thing I could see happening with them is they are all fighting for water and nutrient uptake, they should be able to produce some buds though. Looks so cool with all the stocks shooting out :) Can't wait to see what another first time grower can produce, Will be around Token :thumb: CA215

Thank for the kudos and your dead on this was and experiment. I had done a little reading and figured I had to at least try and see how green the thumb was. I water and feed them daily with Humbolt nutes. I am hoping to harvest around the middle of June. I think the next batch will be much better with more eye candy. Going to try my hand at SOG with ebb-n-flow with a little bending, shaping and of course the defolation, instead of the DWC. DWC is great with great results but I think I can monitor the ppm, and the ph better and easier with the ebb-n-flow system.

We moved here to CA because my mother died unexspectedly and a week later my wife was farting around on facebook and found her father after 25 years. Long weird story! Well if you ever make it back for a visit you will have to let me know. :peacetwo:

I will bro, if I ever get back, Im married to my weed patch now, I don't trust anyone but my ole lady with it....she has gained a ton of experience and is pretty good at diagnosing plants, she is growing her first plant right now, it's the yeti on my third grow journal. I don't really teach her anything about growing, I taught her basic fundamentals!

I will bro, if I ever get back, Im married to my weed patch now, I don't trust anyone but my ole lady with it....she has gained a ton of experience and is pretty good at diagnosing plants, she is growing her first plant right now, it's the yeti on my third grow journal. I don't really teach her anything about growing, I taught her basic fundamentals!

Sounds great! My wife has been very supportive and helpful in so many ways. I know I couldn't have mad any of this happen without her. Less than a year ago we bought a CNC router to make carvings out of wood. Well the other day she was messing around with it and check it man, she made this for me. After all everyone needs something to believe in.
The_Ten_Commandments.JPG

Sounds great! My wife has been very supportive and helpful in so many ways. I know I couldn't have mad any of this happen without her. Less than a year ago we bought a CNC router to make carvings out of wood. Well the other day she was messing around with it and check it man, she made this for me. After all everyone needs something to believe in.
The_Ten_Commandments.JPG

LOL, tell wifey that is cute! Ya we need to always be supportive of each other, IDK how I could do what I do without loadie (woman), she supports me while I'm supporting the grow, we couldn't afford to smoke without the grows.

Man that is awesome Token. Gotta love the work and effort put into something like this. Heck, get those up and selling on the market, might as well make yourself some money in these hard times right? Where shall this hang, in the grow room?

Man that is awesome Token. Gotta love the work and effort put into something like this. Heck, get those up and selling on the market, might as well make yourself some money in these hard times right? Where shall this hang, in the grow room?

Thanks CA215, and your right she would to sell these, but the only place we know to sell them in on eBay. If you know of another spot, please tell. For now I have this jewel in the entry way so it is the first thing you see when you walk in our house. When I first threw the seeds from the dope box grow into the planter she made me this little sign too. She said it would inspire the little beans to grow into a forest. Pretty cool I thought.
HPIM3181.JPG

HPIM31831.JPG

Back
Top Bottom