1st Grow in RDWC with Herojuana OG

hydromaniac

So i built my own Recirculating system and was ready to go.
first i got 5 clones off craisglist and after 3 weeks of growing them they seemed very sick and i found out they had root aphids. (LESSON # 1 NEVER BUY CLONES OFF CL. LESSON # 2 NEVER OVER FERTILIZE YOUR TEENS, LESS THE BETTER)

IMG_20130114_033536.jpg
IMG_20130211_162355.jpg

now after I learned those 2 lessons i got rid of all my crop (was very sad and frustrating) and got 5 herojuana clones from legit source. the rest is all pictures. I will be harvesting in 2 weeks, so if you are interested i will update with weight, smell, looks and smoke report! thanks for reading, enjoy.

Oh and I am using 500W metal halide and 750W high pressure (i could go to 1000w but i have temp issues)
using botanicare organic line up.

IMG_20130225_115151.jpg
IMG_20130320_221914.jpg
IMG_20130401_221538.jpg
IMG_20130409_224652.jpg
IMG_20130417_225743.jpg
IMG_20130417_225756.jpg
IMG_20130426_011435.jpg
IMG_20130505_230411.jpg
IMG_20130511_014204.jpg
IMG_20130511_015754.jpg
IMG_20130513_232053.jpg
IMG_20130523_0101101.jpg
IMG_20130523_0101521.jpg

forgot to mention although I supposedly learned not to over fertilize from the first babies i did over nute the new herojuanas too, the clones were starting to curl and get nute burn but i adjusted accordingly and they made it through....

I should add for those who grow this strain, for me this strain did not want too much nutes, it really was satisfied with 900-1000 ppm at the most all they way till now (week 7 of flower) every time i went over 1000ppm my ph would drop insanely. so be warned, very sensitive to over nuting.

Are you sure this is your first grow? jk haha :bravo:

yes yes i promise! haha I was in fact very scared that there is something wrong, because the buds are looking mature but there is no density. I cut a lot of leaves off the plant about 2 weeks ago (week 5 of flower) and i feel like i stressed the plant a lot and i am hoping they are not turning hermie on me cause i would be very mad.

yes yes i promise! haha I was in fact very scared that there is something wrong, because the buds are looking mature but there is no density. I cut a lot of leaves off the plant about 2 weeks ago (week 5 of flower) and i feel like i stressed the plant a lot and i am hoping they are not turning hermie on me cause i would be very mad.

Very nice for first time! Reputation your way! :)
If there is no density wait a little more and keep us updated! Upload pics, they are very nice to see :high-five:

I doubt they turn hermie...anyway search for Male Bananas but i really doubt it.

Very nice for first time! Reputation your way! :)
If there is no density wait a little more and keep us updated! Upload pics, they are very nice to see :high-five:

I doubt they turn hermie...anyway search for Male Bananas but i really doubt it.

yea ill take a picture of the sac tonight it kinda looks like a males sac but i dont really know, ill upload it here or some other post to see if more expert people can verify if its okay or i have hermies now.

Looks fantastic. Did you run into to any problems besides the aphids and nute burn?

well not with the plants themselves... but the recirculating DWC that i built using uni seals started to leak out of no where in about week 5 of flower, and within 3 days the leak got so bad my tent was about to be flooded. I was freaking out but managed to stop water going into that bucket (since it was my control/rez bucket) by using pvc stopper/ends. then i emptied that bucket and silicone the crap out of it for 2 days. now the leaks is a drip here and there.

but like I said PH kept dropping crazy for a while,going from 5.9 to 4.0 within 24 hours and took me a while to figure out it was too much nutes. anything above 900-1000ppm this would happen.

I would wait untill the buds thicken up, it goes quickly!

Patience! Give them more time. Are you using a bloom-booster?

+ Reps. Nice setup. That sac thing is normal. like a single, stray flower, but female. No hermie.

No I am not using any bloom boosters nor do I know what those are.. just have
botanicare Bloom pro, Cal-mag, liquid karma, sweet, silica, hydro-zen, aqua shield

I just started using this MASSIVE Bloom Formulation | Planet Natural on soil, but it's really for hydroponics. (30% more dry weight, apparently!)

I also have a finisher, to tighten the buds Finisher - Green Planet Nutrients | Easy Grow Ltd .
They both just makes the buds bigger.

Finisher is designed to re-swell flowers and overdrive essential oil production. Finisher as the name alludes, finishes off the flowering stage in the best possible way to maximise your hard work with an amazing result. The combination of fulvic acids and triacontanol, helps transport essential fluids to the flowering tops of the plant by speeding up vital plant process including photosynthesis and CO2 utilisation.

:headbanger:

I only purchased them about 4-5 days ago, so too early to tell. Ladies are healthy and i do notice more trichomes than before.

I used "Bloombastic" from Atami (0-20-20) during this grow and I was very happy,

apparently it replaces liquid karma, hydro plex and sweet during the flowering stage,

so you already have what you need. Just more time.

Wait another week or two and she will swell up.

Back
Top Bottom