Mr White's 5 Strain - 1200 Watt Coco Run

Mr White

Hey guys,
I decided to start a new Journal to show off my new babies. I can't stop looking at them so I think I can get some regular updates in. So I will start with the basics and introduce you to my grow room. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer, just don't be offended if it takes a week or two for me to get back to you.

Lights: HPS for flower and T5s for Veg. Two 1000w HPS on dimmed down to 600w temp dependent.

Medium: Canna Coco
DSCN24743.JPG

Water: RO
DSCN12623.JPG

Nutrients: Canna, I am going to stick as close to their full line as I can stomach with a few others. Stuff is spendy.
DSCN24683.JPG
DSCN24702.JPG

Silica is used for PH more than anything else.
DSCN24712.JPG
DSCN24723.JPG
DSCN24755.JPG

Pests: Fungus nats working on them...
DSCN24691.JPG

Atmosphere: CO2 Gen when it gets a little cooler around here.
DSCN12883.JPG

Carbon Filter
DSCN13015.JPG

Containers: Air Pots.

I'll finish up the intro tonight..

Seeds arrived on the 8th from via Herbie's stealth shipping. Great way to go to get seeds by the way. never had a problem from him.
DSCN24461.JPG

Settled on one of each of Purps, Cotton Candy, Blue Dream, Great White Shark and THC Bomb and threw em in the germination/clone dome.

DSCN12543.JPG

DSCN24471.JPG
-
DSCN2450.JPG
DSCN24512.JPG
DSCN2454.JPG

Those little tags are made from some scotch tape, a post it and a paper clip and are the best way I have found to keep the strains strait. I have F'ed it up before and had to wait till flower to figure it out.

I had to go out of town for a day so I wanted to get them all in thier four to five week veg homes before the tap root hit the bottom of my germination tray. I usually wait till they are above the surface and the leaves are unfurled like the Bomb is in these first two pics.
DSCN24621.JPG

DSCN24632.JPG

DSCN24642.JPG

Everything worked out OK though 5 for 5. These are 24 hours later.

DSCN2465.JPG

DSCN24662.JPG

DSCN24671.JPG

Have a good night.

subbed, Mr White.

I see we have similar taste in strains. I have a SLH in flower, just started a Liberty Haze and I have a Jamaican Dream in flower that I just love - got two of her cuts ready for flowering in a couple weeks, too.

:thumb:

Have one more little update for a little while. I never really explained how I have the room set up. I run a perpetual so there is always something close to harvest. I am allowed to have 8 flowering plants but my needs are not that great so usually there are only 6 at one time, and six is the current number in flower. I use a small wooden box with T5s for Veg and mothers and to support my filter. In my state we have to keep the plants to a specific size or they are considered mature and lumped in with the flowering plants. My solution to this is to bonsai the mothers that are keepers for clones on future runs. They have to be under 1 foot tall and 1 foot wide.

This is the Veg cab
DSCN12517.JPG

DSCN12505.JPG

The two in the white pots are mothers that had been going for 3 months at this point.

DSCN17232.JPG

I have two girls that just went in to flower so I will document their development as well. This first is Super Lemon Haze of the same cut that I entered into the Nug contest this month. I let her go a lot longer than usual in Veg and topped her a dozen times so she will be a beast. They are both 8 days into flower and are starting their stretch.

DSCN24792.JPG
DSCN24774.JPG

The second is a Jamaican Dream that Is just fun to grow

DSCN24781.JPG
DSCN24764.JPG

The Super lemons can get out of control but the Jamaicans are pretty short.
Take care.

Nice setup Mr.White. Good luck with the seedlings, and nice mother plants/veg chamber.

Thanks Stealth. I started digging around in your Blue mystic grow but not sure if I finished it. Always good to have a Canadian brother on board.

I spent about 5 hours off site looking at a commercial grow that used Undercurrent and vertical bulbs. It humbled me to say the least. It also has made me want to give it a try. Maybe to start just a single bare 600 watt hung vertically between 4 plants. Something like this; X for plant B for bulb.
X X
b
X X

Not a perfect depiction but you can probably get the gist, b should be in the center. I have seen trees like his grown like this before but never in a commercially viable way. The point in the other journals was just to see how big they could get a plant. The undercurrent would not work for a perpetual with my setup, but maybe with just a four slot one like this Under Current RDWC UC4 (They are a sponsor) and two coco plants it could work. It would be a huge investment for me though so I will have to dream some more about it. It would be a very cool new toy.

Hey thought I could knock out a quick update.

Seeds where put in grow cubes at about noon on the 8th of August, so the first pics of each plant are on day 11 from seed the second pic is day 13.

Group shot
DSCN25152.JPG

Great White Shark looks more like a minnow.
DSCN25162.JPG

DSCN25251.JPG

THC Bomb
DSCN25171.JPG

DSCN25272.JPG

Purps
DSCN2518.JPG

DSCN25241.JPG

Blue Dream
DSCN25191.JPG

DSCN25281.JPG
-

Cotton Candy
DSCN25212.JPG

DSCN25262.JPG

Not sure what is going on with the Candy. It at first looked like a critter had come in and taken a bite off the new growth. Maybe it will be clearer once it grows out a little bit.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom