4000 Watt Top-Feed Rec Grow Cubes Cap'n Style OG Kush

s1ingblade here, 2nd journal.
I have gotten my new room up and running and its time to show you all what I've been up to and where I'm headed.

What strain is it? BC BUD Depot "Cookies", Sativa Dominant. Reserva Privada OG KUSH. Shottafires Bubba OG, HSO Pineapple Skunk and Dinafems critical Plus.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? To many to list
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Flower
If in Veg... For how long? 8 weeks
If in Flower stage... For how long? 8-9 weeks
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
If soil... what is in your mix? N/A
If soil... What size pot? N/A
Size of light? Four 1000 watt Hortilux Super HPS
Is it aircooled? Yes, 8 inch XXXL MAGNUM copies
Temp of Room/cab? 75 is my lights on target. Above 60 in the dark cycle
RH of Room/cab? 40-50%
PH of media or res? 5.8-6.2
Any Pests ? Not anymore
How often are you watering? Multiple times a day
Type and strength of ferts used? Advanced at their hobby grower level minus the voodoo. I run a weekly Heisenberg Compost Tea plus Great White when I transplant. I'm also testing General Hydroponics 3 Part Flora Series plus their Flora Blend. Flora Blend is a Vegan plant enhancer? I cant remember the exact wording but we'll get back to that later.
Many of you know The Cap'n has been like a mentor to me here at 420magazine.com and I have recently switched from #4 and pro-mix over to the Grodan Grow Cubes (not chunks) and right now that's what I'll be using for a while if not forever.
Cap'n Style refers to an extended veg period where a single large plant can yield over a Pound Dried. Its also a growing method where you use the Rock Wool Croutons and top feed them multiple times daily. It's also recommended to run a "Live" not sterile reservoir with air stones. Bi-Weekly to weekly compost tea feedings.
This pic is of "Tiny" she is the OG Kush I have been working with for over a year now and she vegged for just shy of 3 months, like 11 weeks approx.
Two weeks ago I took tow nights off and forgot to place the digital timer back on auto. The Critical Plus (cook-off entry plant) got the dehydration (water boy lol) and was chopped the next morning but since Tiny lives in a 15 gallon Super Roots Air Pot she barely made it, damage was done and shes nowhere near where she'd of been if it weren't for the human error I placed on them.
DSCN12254.JPG
DSCN12263.JPG
DSCN12288.JPG
image5416.jpg
image5415.jpg
image5439.jpg

I will eventually run three 4x4trays and three 1000 watt lamps. For now and for the fun of it Tiny resides under two of the lamps and though they arent efficiently placed they are working. They would be better if they were side by side instead of inline but its just this once. If I do run multiple thousies on one plant I will rehang and change the way the ducting runs.
Last night I changed out half of the "cookies" reservoir and refilled with fresh water. 500 PPM level and will start flushing completely Come next week sometime
They were from Seeds that I started this last January and its taken me this long to pull out the best plant out of four, not a thing for the impatient or someone with little room.
I grow out on my 40 acre ranch and out of my 20' by 30' insulated camping cabin. Got tons of power but no bathroom or kitchen, to me its camping.
I am trying my best to harvest one tray every 15 days. The new room that we will be in is just under ten wide by twenty deep. like 9 by 19 to be more precise. This is my biggest flowering room and its still running with a few "Bugs" aka problems that need to be worked out.
OK so my 2nd journal is now started. I welcome all, newbies to veteran growers. Everyones welcome. Feel free to ask lots of questions and I'll do my best to explain what Im doing and why Im doing it.

Welcome everyone

Re: 4000 Watt Top-Feed Rec. Grow Cubes Cap'n Style OG Kush

mother of god--thecapns created a monster and he's gonna need a bigger boat

on deck and ready to trim-subbed

wow they are happy and healthy (even though I cant see the shade of green under the hps, they're standing happy :) )

I've been thinking guys. it's a damn shame that I feed my plants better than I feed myself LOL :high-five:

I like those tree trunks.

Followed your link from BID's place and...

Subbed

>>I will eventually run three 4x4trays and three 1000 watt lamps.

S1ing... you have been doing a lot of work in the background! The flower room is looking great. Clean in there too. Once you get used to a clean floor, you won't want to go back to dirt.

So what you're saying is, You have 3, 1K lights in this flower room, and you're going to grow one plant under each 1K light? Plus you have another small flower room, correct? So that would give you 4 flowering plants at any given time, plus 4 more in veg, to replace these as your harvest one every 15 days? So that would be a total of about 8 plants on hand, plus a few more for strain hunting and so on?

I can't get over the stalk base of that huge plant. Amazing.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the other plants in the flower room, plus your veg room process.

You say "Tiny" was damaged but she looks great to me. It must have recovered well. When is she due to harvest?

:high-five:

OK firstly many thanks for the invite you are most kind. Secondly god damn, holy mother, sweet green goddess. I'm sold already,,,,. I'm moving for more room in new year anyway and now I have even more of a reason to make sure I get good space lol!
I have people (jokingly I'm sure) telling me to let them know when I'm entering my Gert in for POTM so they dont go up, lol! You Sir best shout to me when your putting the monster up!
Awesome so happy to be here!

Subbed buddy.
Glad to have ya shotta

mother of god--thecapns created a monster and he's gonna need a bigger boat

on deck and ready to trim-subbed
Eye-Eye, welcome aboard!
subbed mukker
What the muck?
subscribed
High There King
Wow that looks awesome S1ing. Thanks for the personal invite. I've got some beers and a comfy chair, bring it on :thumb:
I dont drink beer anymore but your welcome to all you want haha
wow they are happy and healthy (even though I cant see the shade of green under the hps, they're standing happy :) )

I've been thinking guys. it's a damn shame that I feed my plants better than I feed myself LOL :high-five:

I like those tree trunks.
Yeah my plants also get it better than I do or at least thats what I want them thinking shhh
Followed your link from BID's place and...

Subbed
welcome Kimmy
>>I will eventually run three 4x4trays and three 1000 watt lamps.

S1ing... you have been doing a lot of work in the background! The flower room is looking great. Clean in there too. Once you get used to a clean floor, you won't want to go back to dirt.
<<You Got That Right!>>>
So what you're saying is, You have 3, 1K lights in this flower room, and you're going to grow one plant under each 1K light? Plus you have another small flower room, correct? So that would give you 4 flowering plants at any given time, plus 4 more in veg, to replace these as your harvest one every 15 days? So that would be a total of about 8 plants on hand, plus a few more for strain hunting and so on?<<I will do what I have to to stay within the limits of my state which is 12 so I have to grow em big. I have a MMJ patient who just designated me to become their caregiver so then 24 will be the magic number, for now they have to be BIG, yes each 15 days a tray will go to the chopping block ans then as soon as I can clean the station it will reloaded>>
<<<No, sorry there is FOUR 1000 watt lamps in that room and another 1000 in the other>>>
I can't get over the stalk base of that huge plant. Amazing.
<<I just did what you told me to sir!>>
Looking forward to seeing pictures of the other plants in the flower room, plus your veg room process.
<<Sure>>
You say "Tiny" was damaged but she looks great to me. It must have recovered well. When is she due to harvest?
Four weeks would be the date but as dehydrated as she got and with as much of the white pistols drying up I have no idea how she will play out the next few weeks. I will let scope tell me>>

Watching this should be way better than the crap on T.V. * smashes the proverbial bottle of champagne on the hull of your journal - grabs a seat in the back *

SB

Looks awesome already. I hope to stop in before you have smoked it all but you know how I roll :cheesygrinsmiley:

looking good bfam:goodjob:
Thanks BFAM
OK firstly many thanks for the invite you are most kind. Secondly god damn, holy mother, sweet green goddess. I'm sold already,,,,. I'm moving for more room in new year anyway and now I have even more of a reason to make sure I get good space lol!
I have people (jokingly I'm sure) telling me to let them know when I'm entering my Gert in for POTM so they dont go up, lol! You Sir best shout to me when your putting the monster up!
Awesome so happy to be here!
Why Thank YOu Sir, your winning plant in August was absolutely beautiful. Cant wait to see you flux plant in heavy bloom
Watching this should be way better than the crap on T.V. * smashes the proverbial bottle of champagne on the hull of your journal - grabs a seat in the back *
High there my little jolly green friend
Well there is o sling back welcome back. Subbed.
Thanks wild bill
welcome chz
SB

Looks awesome already. I hope to stop in before you have smoked it all but you know how I roll :cheesygrinsmiley:
It would take me a year to smoke all that! haha glad to have ya buck

Hiya s1ingblade,

Just a newbie here so all I can so is admire and drool every so often. Great meeting you!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom