Indoor or outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil/soiless
If soil... what is in your mix? Potters Gold with approx. 25% perlite added
If soil... What size pot? 5 gallon when ready
Size of light? CFL mixed spectrum
Any Pests ? None...thank you!
How often are you watering? as needed when soil is dry
Type and strength of ferts used? General Hydroponics 3 part nutrient system

Welcome friends! This journal will be my journey into pollinating and growing my own seeds, by crossing Nirvana Master Kush pollen with a White Widow female.
I have already begun the process of pollination and will be posting pictures of the progress as well as posting some pictures soon of the actual pollen collection process.
I am a new grower, so I want to emphasize that I am by NO MEANS any kind of authority on how to do these processes. What I’m documenting here is just MY method and the end results. Any and all comments are appreciated, as well as any helpful suggestions!
I caution anyone that if you decide to try collecting and using pollen, do so at your own risk!
You could risk your whole grow if you do not do things properly.
The only reason I attempted this is because I have completely separate areas from my flowering room to raise male plants and because I have two separate scrog areas going completely apart from the other and secured.
I did my due diligence on the how-to’s and decided to go for the adventure. :)
So I will begin with a photo of the actual branch I pollinated on the plant and then will update my photos over the next couple of days for you on the process.

Let’s have some fun!!
Seed_Process_2.jpg

Seed_Process_3.jpg

The top branch is the one pollinated. Will have more pics in a bit!
And I will edit this post as needed. Just a quick get it up and going. :)

Cannafan!

Congrats on starting this project. You have certainly come a long way from your tentative first steps into growing haven't you! Are you an overachiever with everything you do? :rofl:

I have thought to myself several times that you seem like someone I wish was a nearby neighbor or a close friend. I suspect that you constantly have something fun and interesting going on in your life.

Will definitely follow along with you on this leg of your journey as well. :bravo:

Great pictures my friend ! ...

Haha I kinda gathered you were a chick ;) :)
"Chick" I am. LOL

Cannafan!

Congrats on starting this project. You have certainly come a long way from your tentative first steps into growing haven't you! Are you an overachiever with everything you do? :rofl:

I have thought to myself several times that you seem like someone I wish was a nearby neighbor or a close friend. I suspect that you constantly have something fun and interesting going on in your life.

Will definitely follow along with you on this leg of your journey as well. :bravo:

Hi TanR and :welcome: to the new adventure. You are kind and thoughtful as usual. Appreciate you being here and looking forward to any help along the way if you see something that needs correcting! I take correction very well! Let's hope this turns out the way I'm hoping. :thumb:

I'm going to make an attempt at moving the pollen collection process from my other grow to here. If this doesn't work, I'll have to do a new post. LOL
And ....oh but there's more today. :)
Here's the male plant pics from collecting the pollen process.
First a pic of a maturing branch:
Male_Plant_ready_to_collect_pollen.jpg

And a closer one:
Male_Plant_flowers_open_1.jpg

And show me your bananas!
Male_plant_bananas.jpg

Here you can see the pollen spread on the leaf under the back bananas:
Male_Plant_flowers_and_pollen.jpg

So I placed paper toweling layers under the area, and put a tupperware bowl under a branch and lightly tapped on it to release the pollen. There is probably enough pollen there to suit my purposes, but I've read that people will collect this up to a week or so as the rest of them start to open up.
Collecting_pollen_from_male_flowers.jpg

I cleaned the area ...twice. LOL NO pollen gets to the girls....yet.

I now have the knowledge of collecting pollen! :cheer:

Okay here's the rest of it copied and pasted from the other thread:

Okay, one thing accomplished this morning. I have my MK pollen all ready for storage. I put it in a small seed jar that I got from a nursery a and I put a couple grains of rice in it to soak up any moisture. I will put it in the fridge until I'm ready for it.
Pollen_storage.jpg

Doesn't look like a lot in there, but actually it's plenty.

Okay, here was the process, pollinating a White Widow with Master Kush:
Canna labcoat...canna shoes...shower cap over the long hair....dust mask on (just in case of a sneeze. LOL) surgical gloves (to throw away when finished).
Turned off all fans, dehumidifiers and furnace duct. I wanted no air movement at all in that room. I let the pollen container sit at room temp for a bit so there would be no condensation. I then told the ladybugs that they better stay where they are or they lose their happy home. I don't want carry over. LOL They only hang out in the larger scrog area anyway, that's totally separate from this one.
Here's the materials:
Soft small artists brush (I believe this is camel hair), one large plastic storage bag cut in half and the Master Kush pollen.

Pollinate_1.jpg

Here's the White Widow bud site I chose: It's the very corner of the scrog away from all the other buds.

Pollinate_2.jpg

I put the plastic storage bag around the inside of the bud site and taped it to the light fixture on top so it wouldn't move. This would keep any stray pollen from reaching anywhere else.
pollinate_3.jpg

Then I began to dip the brush in the pollen and painted it on the pistils trying to get it good and down inside them:
pollinate_4.jpg
pollinate_5.jpg

I cleaned up the area and got rid of all materials that I had used. I left the fans off and the plastic there, I will remove it in a couple of hours after I'm sure the pollen is good and soaked up on the buds. I asked another member whether to mist it or not, and he felt the buds were sticky enough and ready that he felt it probably wouldn't be necessary. (Thanks shottafire!)
Done!
pollinate_6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom