Hydro OG Kush Grow 2013

TrysHard

Hi everyone, just starting a new grow. I grew some pretty successful plants in the ninety's Hydro but there has been so much new stuff so I thought I would start a journal so that the community could help me out.

Basic Info.
Grow Room - Room inside a room 8x9x8 made from drywall with wood frame. Ventilated with two 160CFM can fans.
PB223684.JPG

Lights: 6 4' t12 cool white florescent for Veg. 1000 watt HPS for flowering with a Quantum dimmable digital ballast.

Hydro System: 6 Pot multiflow with 20 gallon resv. Grow Media: clay hydroton

Strain: OG Kush clones gotten from LA Strainbank.

Current Nutrients: Dyna grow liquid Grow for Veg PH at 5.8 and PPM currently at 1100
Dyna grow Bloom for flowering
Distilled water used as a base

Current Stage: Clones have been in the Ebb and Flo pots for 1 week with the grow nutrients at 500PPM we have just bumped that up to 1100. The plants are currently being veged under the t12 lights 24/7 for one week.

Here are the pictures of them after one week in the pots and under the t12 lights about 2" above the top leaves.

We had some yellowing of the leaves after the transplant but it has rebounded nicely.

Hi and Welcome to 420 Magazine :welcome:

Thank you for sharing this with us, there is a great community here.
I don't personally grow hydro, or indoors at all for that matter, however I will be subscribed and lurking. :thumb:
:goodluck:

Thanks for the welcome, my partner is concerned that we are going too simplistic on the nutrients. So advice on nutrients would be appreciated.

Welcome to :420: I'm Subscribed. ;)
Your setup looks good, but PPM at 1100 in veg is very high. Try cutting that nutrient PPM in half or more for plants that small, I'm amazed your plants aren't nutrient burnt. I see in your post you've had the PPM at 500 and they are doing fine so I would gradually add 100 or so PPM every week until you flip for flower.

Are you planning to scrog out the plants, or train them in any way?

Welcome to :420: I'm Subscribed. ;)
Your setup looks good, but PPM at 1100 in veg is very high. Try cutting that nutrient PPM in half or more for plants that small, I'm amazed your plants aren't nutrient burnt. I see in your post you've had the PPM at 500 and they are doing fine so I would gradually add 100 or so PPM every week until you flip for flower.

Are you planning to scrog out the plants, or train them in any way?

I am adding water to get the PPM back to around 600-700. My plan was to top them when they get bigger. Still reading up on scrog and sog. This being our first grow I am trying to learn and keep it simple.

Smart to keep it simple. You can top the plants at the 4th node with no problems at all.
If you have any questions just post them in your journal, and I or others that will soon subscribe will answer fairly quickly.
Good luck. ;)

I just added water and have taken the PPM down to 800. I appreciate all the help, I'm so glad I found
420MagazineLogo80x80.jpg

I am concerned with the condition of the leaves, there also seems to be a white powder on some of them. I have lowered the nutrients again to 600 today. Here are more pictures:

Hi TH, that's nutrient burn, its good you got the PPM down. keep it low and slowly build up the strength over time, hopefully they will recover and grow well. I don't know what the white powder is, maybe its mildew. Have you been using foliar spray? If so it might be residue from that.

Here is a link on how to upload your photos for better viewing.

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom