One Expensive Lonely Seed Left - Grow Journal - Newbie 2nd Try

ParkinsonsPat

I am going to present my grow for help, critisism and hopefully a little project that can ready me for the spring.

My first grow: Two Months ago
What went wrong: Everything
Purchased: Grow Box 3' X 2' complete with fan, lights etc. (Dealzer)
Grew: 2 Ken Estes Candyland/1 White Skunk

what went Wrong: Germination went very well. Distilled Water. Temp in Box 80 degrees. Germinated in less than a week. Didn't know about positioning lights so they stretched out and stressed from beginning. I used nutes too soon and burnt the leaves, although I am not sure it was from the lights. I got PH meters, PPM meters, other things as I went along and the poor girls tried really hard to help me out. They are now in a happy greenhouse close to here with an expert.

NEW GROW - NEW JOURNAL - ONE EXPENSIVE LONELY SEED LEFT - GROW JOURNAL - NEWBIE 2ND TRY

STRAIN: Ken Estes Candyland - One (1) Seed

GERMINATE: In water/shotglass/wool pod

I have decided to do a soil run this time. I believe the little girl is ready to be planted in her soil in a 1 1/2 gallon pot. I am planning on beginning the 6500K CFLs (3) with the sprout approximately 3" away from the bulbs. I am purchasing soil and supplies today. Thank you for any encouragement, advice and help.

Peace

Babbs
2013-12-16_10_17_55.jpg

Not sure if I am seeing this right, but it looks like it is sprouting upside down?

I'm not sure you want to soil it yet in it's current life cycle...

If that is the main tap root coming out backwards I would be very very careful,

I don't grow from seed so I'm not sure what to do next.....but it is sprouting upside down.

You could try to pull apart that plug very gently without disturbing the growth...very difficult but be slow and gentle.
Make a new plug and put it back in right side up.

sorry I'm not much help and hope you can save it.

Funny you should say that because I did exactly that and for a moment I thought I broke it. I didn't. It is only the seedpod and the tiny tail root. So it literally rolled back over into the indenture the right way and it is happily back in the window sill. I don't think I really disturbed it. I didn't plant it deep into the pod I just let it kind of dictate. Thanks alot. Hope you follow my journal. If I can do a grow, then you know how it goes????

One Expensive Lonely Seed Left - Grow Journal - Day 11

DAY 11. The seed germinated upside down. You can see what that looks like from my other threads. Yesterday, I delicately uprooted the upside down sprout andit just rolled back into the wool pod with its little root now reaching for water in stead of sky. I am hopeful this time next week I will have a lovely set of leaves and can begin to
2013-12-19_08_38_32.jpg

:ciao: Pat! I left a message on the other journal you started today. I'm not sure what happened, but you have two going now. I'm sure you want to continue with this one, so you might want to repost what you did on the new one here and then one of the mods can delete the other journal.

Also, let's get your journal addy into your signature so people will see it when you post on 420 threads and can find you too! :high-five:
Here's a link on how to do that:

How To Add Links To Signatures

I am now subbed to this journal and will try to help you all I can. You already have an awesome member, heady, following along too.
Again, welcome and looking forward to following you through your grow.

Re: One Expensive Lonely Seed Left - Grow Journal - DAY 11

Gheez! I'm not trying to make work for you. I am learning how to use this thread thing and I guess I started a new one. You know, just on a side, the information I have found in making a jounal.......there is no information for the dummy's version. Hit this key, then hit that key. I'm pretty challenged, but I am tredging onward. How do I get to my thread each time I log on? I am goling to my content, but it feels like I'm missing a very simple fundamental? Thanks for any help and mostly thank you for reaching out.

Re: One Expensive Lonely Seed Left - Grow Journal - DAY 11

Gheez! I'm not trying to make work for you. I am learning how to use this thread thing and I guess I started a new one. You know, just on a side, the information I have found in making a jounal.......there is no information for the dummy's version. Hit this key, then hit that key. I'm pretty challenged, but I am tredging onward. How do I get to my thread each time I log on? I am goling to my content, but it feels like I'm missing a very simple fundamental? Thanks for any help and mostly thank you for reaching out.
Hi !
There are two easy ways to get to your subscribed threads, one is to click "settings" at the top right of this page and go to "subscribed threads". Your thread will be there and any thread you have posted on.
I left a message on how to put a journal link on your signature on your other thread, that will help you get there fast too.
I'll help ya all I can, we'll get ya settled in comfy! :thumb:

Btw, you can also click on your name in the box at left and it will take you to your profile. In there you can find your "Latest started threads" too. But once we get you understanding where your main journal is, you will be fine! No worries, we are all here to help!

Thank you. I will get it in a draining pot right away. There I go assuming that it is okay in water, like last time (I tried hydro)
I can get it in a draining pot and 5 to 6 inches under my 6500k cfl. I have three. I will only put it under one. Does that sound right to you? Here is another pic of the sprout today, day 13.

Strain: Ken Estes Candyland - One Expensive Lonely Seed :helpsmilie:

germinated: In Wood Pod
Temp: 70
Light: Right now it is in the window
No nutes
2013-12-21_08_12_54.jpg

Back
Top Bottom