First Time Grower - Using Hydro & LED

SavinPeace

I am a first timer...newbie ....noob....:love: I just finished my construction and laying out the grow room. I will be starting the germination of the seeds on Jan 1. These seeds are some from some decent I had laying around. Figure I would try some before I put out some money for seeds. Please feel free to give suggestions anything will help.

Lighting is 400W from TopLedGrow
4 site Aeroponic System

A question I have: Should I put a timer on my aeroponics to the water cycle on and off?

Wish me Luck:):thumb:

20131229_122621.jpg

Re: First Time Grower, Using Hydro and LED.

Right on ! It is nice to see someone starting up for the first time. I have not grown areoponics but have seen it in action and I was told if it is a really fine mist it can run 24/7. I believe you are using a recirculating setup from what I can tell. If it is draining while spraying it is fine on 24/7 as well. If you are holding water in each grow chamber other then the reservoir then it would be good idea to run a air stone in each bucket once roots touch the water then you can stop spraying or spray 15 min every couple of hours just to wet Roots that are in air all the time. Make sure your mist from the misters hit you pots you are using . if you are going do a start to finish from seedling you may want to get drippers to use until roots get through the pot or position your misters so the water hits what ever your seedling is in Rockwool etc. before the roots get past your pot you may want to put them on a timer 15 min every 2-3 hours so you don't drown them, some medium can hold water very well like Rockwool. If you fine that they are still moist after 15 every 2-3 hours then you may want to try 15 every 3-4 hours until they are just a little moist and to the point where you would think they will dry out before next watering before you put water to them. The fellow's I look at he mist his with a hand mister until roots are shown 3 times a day. But he is lucky and can be around 24/7

I hope this helps and good luck !!! before you know it you will have lots of smoke to spare

subscribed. I would need more photographs of your 4 site Aeroponic System to make a reccommendation wheither to use a duty cycle timer to set the on time and off time your 4 site Aeroponic System is on.

Hey man nice setup. Im using the same LED with my grow journal. How has it been working for you?? My plants seemed very responsive to it.

KingJohnC, I will get some more pics of the setup and any info or help would be greatly appreciated. Medicheif, My seeds will be ready to plant this weekend, I hope and really hope all works out.. would like to get one more of these lights. I am excited to see how this works out, I have been reading a lot of grow journals and had always been interested in hydro and of course growing my own. I tried outdoors but too paranoia guess I was stoned...

1-21-2014 : Finally recieved my seeds. Will plan better the next time when I have to order seeds. I decided to grow 4 of the green love potion seeds.

Seeds came from SamSara Seeds.

Description of the Plant :

Green Love Potion is a blend of the world's most refined genetics. The Indica qualities of Northern Lights Ortega, Hash Plant and Afghani combined with the best Sativas from Hawaii, Korea and USA make it ideal for both novice and experienced growers. It produces easy-to-trim, compact, resin-covered buds that, when temperatures begin to fall, take on the darkest imaginable purple colour and an absolutely intoxicating mint and lavender aroma. A medium-sized and highly productive plant, this rapid purple lady also stands out for her greenish black leaves and simply unique taste.

Specs from SamSara Seeds :

Genotype 20% sativa 80% indica
Indoor Harvest Time from 55 to 65 days
Flavour Sweet fruit
Production 500-800 gr/m2 indoor/outdoor
Smell Very Much
Effect Cerebral
Resistance to mold Medium
Outdoor Harvest Time mid-October
Resistance to plagues High
Sex Feminized
Lineage Black Domina x Lavender
Irrigation tolerancy Medium
Medicinal value Very high

I set my water at 5.8 PH and TDS was 39. I soaked the seeds for 18 hours.

1-22-2014

Hope I can continue to do this type of Journal , I have the time now that I am retired. New to growing Weed and tired of paying high prices on a fixed income.
Seeds seem to be cracking. I planted my seeds (pointed side up from what I read in few places) into rockwool. I soaked the rockwool for 1 hour in 5.8 ph water tds 44. Carefully took the seeds and planted about 2 seeds deep and lightly covered back over with rockwool. I then took the 4 and placed on a plate and put inside my computer cabinet that runs about 85 degree's. I kept them there for 2 hours and will put the cubes into my grow room.

I am enclosing a picture of my setup to germinate the seeds. I am using 4 quart mason glass jars and will be putting them over the cubes in each dwc setup. LeD Light is set 24 inches above. I measured the temp and humidity inside each glass before I put each seed in. The Temp was 76 F. and Humidity was 78.

My RDWC consists of 5 buckets. 1 bucket is a resevoir and holds the pump that sprays the baskets. All buckets connect to the resevoir where I hope to controll PH and Nutrients. All 5 buckets have AirStones so I hope to really have lots of Oxygen in the water. If this works I will go to a 12 bucket system.

Now to learn patience.

1-23-2014 recieved my new PH meter. Still nothing popping up... guess wishing want help them grow .......

1-24-2014. Getting into habit of checking ph and tds and temp of water twice a day. I found some old pot in a coat... not even sure how old.. smokes ok...nothing that kicks you down...:( but sifting through it I found seeds...yea bag seeds but will try to germinate these also and will put them in my Veg room that I am building off my grow room that will be a flower room after this first grow.
Again thanks for everyone's journals. I have been reading alot of them and learning so much. Glad I am retired teacher.... would hate for them to catch me at work when I was reading on how to grow Pot.

1-25-2014 Checked this morning and 2 of the seeds have broken ground. Recieved my 250 watt cfl light yesterday. Today thank goodness it is Saturday.... time for a good cookie to get me through the day :) today I need to finish the flooring in my other area that will eventually house my veg and clone room and build a concealed door to this part of the house. :)
I going to install a humidifier in my present growning room.... Humidity is constant 2% and need to increase it.

1-26-2014 Installed the humidifier and now have humidity up to 40%
all but one has broken and showed tiny leaves. last one is poking itself up through the rockwool.
Today Ph was 5.8 water 61 degree F. water buckets Temp was 75 F. and humidity finally at 40%.

Sorry for long read on this but since I have some growth now I should be posting here about everyday, CAUSE I need Help I am sure. :):peace:

20140126_080805.jpg

20140126_080744.jpg

20140126_080727.jpg

20140126_080715.jpg

20140122_184843.jpg

Nice setup SP, and good update. The seedlings are off to a nice start. :thumb:
Good luck with your grow.
Sub'd. ;)

great update!
that seedling will probably settle in just fine. there is often a period of adjustment, and they might show some odd color, or shape, texture, etc.

GLP, is awesome smoke, and one of the most potent, that I've ever had. hope you nail it. :cheer:

Thanks CareStaker..... Your journal helped me decide to grow GLP. With the help of everyone I really hope everything is successful

Hi Savin, how wet is your rockwool? It looks like the droopy leaves are from too much water. Make sure the rockwool is moist, but not wet. They should be fine, just make sure they are not to wet.;)

Hi Savin, how wet is your rockwool? It looks like the droopy leaves are from too much water. Make sure the rockwool is moist, but not wet. They should be fine, just make sure they are not to wet.;)

Thanks Stealthgrow, I will make sure that the rockwool isn't too wet. I was not sure about this really thanks ;) ...

Ok here is my entrance to my Grow Area, behind my surfboard :) Yea I know I am nervous and trying to be very stealth since it is very illegal here in the bible belt of the USA. Only person that knows what I am doing is my wife and of course this forum...LOL

20140126_181853.jpg

2-10-2014
Ok been busy with RL and now back plus not much to report. I changed the water today. Which should be at 2 weeks.Started with Water set at PH of 5.9 PPM of water was 47
Added GH nutrients and Mal/Cal to obtain PPM of 550.
Each Day I check the PH and the PPM. Water temps are around 62 F.
Here are some Pictures.

20140210_131942.jpg

20140210_131953.jpg

20140210_131959.jpg

20140210_132007.jpg

20140213_050251.jpg

20140213_050301.jpg

20140213_050306.jpg

20140213_050309.jpg

Advise is always welcome from a New Grower :)
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom