Away's First Grow - DIY Closet Grow - TopLED Mars II 80x5 - 2014

Away

Hi guys, thanks for stopping by my journal.. :Namaste:

This is going to be my first grow I've read alot around this forum for a long time, checked out a load of journals, also on youtube but that is all the experience i have so be patient, i am still learning A LOT! :)

In this journal i'm going to try and document my first grow. I have limited space, and a limited money-supply, so thats the main-factors of this grow. Cheap and small.
I've read alot around this forum for a long time, checked out a load of journals, also on youtube but that is all the experience i have.

Why am i doing this?: Well, me and my girlfriend live in a one bedroom apartment, i am the only one making money at the moment, So paying for the amount we both smoke, is just super super hard. Also the quality we get here is practically dirt.. And then it costs a fortune as well! So yeah, we've had it!
Time to grow our own, and self supply! (hopefully)

The sizes are: 55x55cm length/depth, aproximately 180cm tall

What i've done so far:

Cut a whole for the air intake:
foto_2_3.JPG

Cut a whole for the air outtake (the picture is sideways i dont know why, but the whole is in the loft of the closet, not the wall)
foto_3_3.JPG

Then i made an activated carbon filter using a tobaccocan, activated carbon, black duct tape and a pantyhose (thanks girlfriend :-D) and a 12V Pc-fan. (usb-powered) (probably adding 1 more for efficiency, later on)
foto_11_.JPG

foto_16_1.JPG

And heres the whole closet after i "lightproofed" it, using the black duct tape. Best i could do with my budget, hope it holds close! (this picture is also sideways for an unknown reason)
Before:
foto_4_2.JPG

After:
foto_5_2.JPG

Here i have made the air intake, build with black duct tape, some cardboard and a 12V pc-fan (usb powered)
foto_9_1.JPG
foto_8_2.JPG

Hygrothermometer (hopefully its still working right!)
foto_7_1.JPG

Powersupply:
foto_6_1.JPG

The storage/drying room: (got a few buds left in there)
foto_13_1.JPG
foto_14_1.JPG

Mars II 400W 80x5w by TopLED:
foto_15_1.JPG
foto_12_1.JPG

This is my DIY (Do it yourself) closet growroom. What is consists of so far:

Lights: 1x Mars II 80x5w diodes 400W by TopLED
Inline Air: Homemade shaft, with 1x 12V PC-fan
Outline Air: Homemade carbon filter, with 2x 12V PC-fans
Temps: 20-24 degrees celcius
RH: 30-45%
Pots: 4x 11 Liter pots
A mechanical timer: x 1
pH testkit: Only for Liquid

I've got a hygrothermometer in there as well, but i dropped it the day i recieved it, so im not quite sure weather its working 100% accurately anymore... I think i'll have to buy a new one :/

What i'm planning to buy:

Soil: Biobizz Lightmix (anyone tried this?)
Ferts: Biobizz Grow and Biobizz Bloom (anyone tried this?)
Seeds: still unsure about this one
Circulation: Clipfan, not sure which one, but a cheap one atleast, that doesnt take up much space.

I will add strain info and such, as soon as i've figured out what im gonna be growing!
Only thing i know so far is im probably going with autoflowers.

The plan:
My plan so far, is to have 4 autoflowering strains running, i will most likely LST all of them to try and keep them on the ground and even out the budsites but we will see what happens. Its all depending on the space.
I'm thinking about using a slightly pre-fertilised light soil-mix and Biobizz Grow + Biobizz Bloom ferts for this grow. I'm not so updated on fertilisers and such, so i'll be needing alot of guidance when that time comes :)
A few pics of how its gonna look when i get soil/seeds home:
foto_22_1.JPG

foto_23_1.JPG

So yeah, thanks for checking my journal out every1, hopefully i can get alot of helpful advice from all of you super hardcore growers out there! :thumb: :thanks:

Here's a little update:
I'm germinating 3 bagseeds at the moment, to run for the next 3 weeks to test the closet out, and try my skills a little.
After the 3 weeks i will buy autoflower's and run seriously, but for now im just going to germ those 3..
foto_21_1.JPG

Also i've hung up the TopLED Mars II 400w light and tested it out... Its intense..!
Power off:
foto_19_1.JPG

Power on:
foto_18_1.JPG

The diodes:
foto_20_1.JPG

Hey and welcomed! I had some problems getting my photos correct at first. I use a iphone and instead of trying to rotate every photo i wanted to upload i just take every photo with my phone "laying down" - sideways, like a camera. Then it never get wrong. I am looking at the mars light myself so will fallow your grow. Wish u the best!

im using iphone as well, so i guess you sir, just solved my problem! :bravo:
Thanks alot, and i've been checking your journal out, and.. i am impressed, looks like you are gonna have some very nice bud soon! and subbed ;)
i cant say much about the mars yet aside from; the light is absolutely blinding!! wear glasses haha!

im using iphone as well, so i guess you sir, just solved my problem! :bravo:
Thanks alot, and i've been checking your journal out, and.. i am impressed, looks like you are gonna have some very nice bud soon! and subbed ;)
i cant say much about the mars yet aside from; the light is absolutely blinding!! wear glasses haha!

Okey. I am glad i possible could help u with the photo problem :) lets hope we both will have some big fruity buds!
I am thinking my next grow will be a led grow so i hope u get some nice results.

Dude i hope ur successful ill keep watching ur journal. I need to learn a few things, and I'm so nervous so see how my setup is going to be this is the bulb im gonna go with Grow Crew Black HO T5 4?,4 Bulb Fixture w/ Bulbs.

Appreciate it ;)
Yeah man, you're working in a really tight space! its gonna be exciting to see how it works out. but yeah that light seems legit, i wouldnt know though, with my lack of experience.. i've only got the info thats on this site, and google. maybe ask around one of the more busy threads where the pro's are hanging out? :) they'll surely be able to tell weather you can use that light or not.

Here's some of the seeds i've looked at for my grow:

Dinafem: Critical Jack Autoflowering
THC content: 21%
Height: 60-90cm
Seed/flower Duration: 70 days
Yield: "Very productive, even more than Critical+, an authentic flower producing machine"
Indica/sativa: 50% indica 50% sativa

Dinafem: Original Amnesia Autoflowering
THC content: very high (all i could find)
Height: up to 150cm
Seed/flower duration: 75-85 days
Yield: 40-150g
Indica/sativa: mostly sativa

Nirvana: Northern Light feminized autoflower
THC content: High (all i could find)
Height: Short bushy
Seed/flower duration: 7-9 weeks
Yield: 35-65g
Indica/sativa: Indica dominant hybrid

Sagarmatha seeds: Double Diesel Ryder Automatic
THC content: 15-20%
Height: around 40 cm i've read
Seed/flower duration: 8 weeks
Yield: "around 45 g; however, some claim 96 g for a plant"
Indica/sativa: Hybrid (probably mostly indica)

All of them seems to be great producers, with great highs.
The only concern i have with doing these four at the same time is, the Amnesia can get up to 5 feet tall.. which is pretty damn tall for my room!
i hope they mean outside.. LOL. Anyone tried it? Or any of the other strains?

Back
Top Bottom