Lady Vadalon - Soil - Bubba White Shark - Grow 2 - February 2014

Lady Vadalon

This is my second grow I am hoping that I got most of my major mess ups out of the way.It is a total of 10 plants and my goal is 200 cola's. These have been in veg for 6 months in an indoor setup. I am trying chicken wire this time around instead of trees. The wire is now held up with green bungies. I was told that the color yellow draws bugs. I vacuum once a week if it needs it or not. Every two weeks I spray with neem oil for prevention and once a week I just spray them down with water when the lights go out so they don't burn. I live in an area that earwigs love I need to find something that will repel them from the garage.

All of theses are clones from my first grow that was a disaster. But, I am hopping that I have corrected the issues. The plants are small because I had choked the roots with mud. If you are new and reading this DON'T MAKE MUD! They are finally starting to grow and be healthy. Most of them are in 5 gal pots with FoxFarm soil. The nutrients that I am using is Kind. I am using two different lights two LED panels and two T8 for mixed light spectrum. I can't find the covers that came with the lights to name the exact spectrums. I have added a bag of Co 2 that is placed in one tent and piped to the other with light suction. I have a carbon filter for when they stat to smell. I have a box fan for circulation and light suction for fresh air in. The tent is only 9x4 to much air and it bows the sides out. So, little in and a little out and lots of circulation in-between.

For the next transplant I have purchased Mykos mycrrhizal to use and will be going to 10 gal pots. I am also using Hygrozyme on them because of the root choking and it has helped get the roots back to the color that they should be and it helps with salt build up. I use this with every other watering and every 3rd watering if they need it I add a little CaMg. My water is transported in 30 gal barrels because I won't even drink the city water let alone my plants. I PH with lemon juice and it works for me. The temp in my tent is 70 to 75 degrease and the humidity fluctuates between 30% and 50%. It just depends on the weather outside. I figure they are still in veg the fluctuating should be O.K
The poor story up to this point is in journal 2. With photos
I hope I did this right
photo taken 2/12 2014
veg_29.jpg

Yesterday, I had to move some of my plants out of my veg two tent and into my veg one tent. I did not have enough room under the wire so, I put up netting to hold my plants in place. I decided that the netting is a wast of money;for me anyway. Today I am going to cut more wire and widen it out so, it will cover the plants better. I realized when I transplant them into 10 gal pots it would never cover the plants.

The Querkle, Ghost Train and Space Bomb in journal 2 are being sexed so, I had to move the other plants in to this tent.
photo taken 2/14/2014
veg_2_and_3_combind.jpg

KingJohnC,

I am trying to learn this stuff. I have a hole new respect for good growers. I was anti cannabis for a long time for myself. I did not care if other people did it. I had always had jobs that tested for drugs so, I stayed away. When the doctors put me in the hospital for serotonin syndrome two years ago I told them to bugger off. That was when I started looking for alternatives and got my OMMP card. Thank you for your help. I really want to really learn how to grow my own medicine the dispensaries are costly. Is there some home remedies for these issues?

I think this one is zinc
veg1leafdeficiency2.jpg

would this one be Iron? I don't even know what this plant is.
veg1leafdeficiency3.jpg

Is this one Mg or potassium? This one is also dark green. It is hard to see under the LED light
veg1leafdeficiency1.jpg

What is your soil/soiless mixture? What nutrients are you using and how many millilitres per gallon? What are you adjusting your pH to? You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Thank you for the reply. My water is transported in 30 gal barrels from my parents well It is 7 PH. My soil is FoxFarm Ocean Forest, my nutrients is KIND base, grow and bloom. That was what was recommended to me when I first decided to attempt to grow. 4ml for base and 12ml for grow (for now). Base is 4-0-0 and Grow is 2-2-0.

I put the nutrients in first then PH the water and on my chart green yellow is 6.5. The plants that I took photos of yesterday, the runoff came out at a 6. I am guessing that it is slightly higher in the middle of the pot.

Yesterday when I watered I only used CaMg, one teaspoon of CaMg to a gal.
Thank you for the repost of the charts I was trying to use it to figure out what the issues are and how the fix them. After hours of looking on the web I decided that I just need to get a book that explains why and how this happens and what is needed to fix it. What are the other symptoms that happen before the plants get sick?

I guess, that I will start purchasing small bottles of micro nutrients each month. If I can find smaller amounts that would be nice.

So, I am guessing what I thought was wrong with the plants that I posted yesterday was wrong.

This is one day after treating with CaMg one teaspoon per gal
photos taken 2/17/2014 I do not know what this plant is
veg_1_day_one_after_CaMG_treatment1.jpg

This is the bubba white shark
veg_1_day_one_after_CaMG_treatment2.jpg

Would the Earth Juice microblast be a good one to get for my plant issues? Or would it be a wast of money? I have not seen the line of nutrients that I am using mentioned one on any of the list. Did I get messed up with what was recommended to me? Botanicare Kind system and was told that I could use it for soil.

Thank you for the reply. My water is transported in 30 gal barrels from my parents well It is 7 PH. My soil is FoxFarm Ocean Forest, my nutrients is KIND base, grow and bloom. That was what was recommended to me when I first decided to attempt to grow. 4ml for base and 12ml for grow (for now). Base is 4-0-0 and Grow is 2-2-0.

I put the nutrients in first then PH the water and on my chart green yellow is 6.5. The plants that I took photos of yesterday, the runoff came out at a 6. I am guessing that it is slightly higher in the middle of the pot.

Yesterday when I watered I only used CaMg, one teaspoon of CaMg to a gal.
Thank you for the repost of the charts I was trying to use it to figure out what the issues are and how the fix them. After hours of looking on the web I decided that I just need to get a book that explains why and how this happens and what is needed to fix it. What are the other symptoms that happen before the plants get sick?

I guess, that I will start purchasing small bottles of micro nutrients each month. If I can find smaller amounts that would be nice.

So, I am guessing what I thought was wrong with the plants that I posted yesterday was wrong.

The Botanicare Kind Nutrients have the calcium in the Kind Base 4-0-0 + 5% Calcium nutrient and the other micro nutrients are in the Kind Grow 2-2-4 and Kind Bloom 0-6-6. Your FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil should also have enough micro nutrients in the soil. Is your well water considered hard water? Earth Juice MicroBlast should not be required for your plants. are the leaf problems you refer to on only a few leaves or all over the plants? I am not seeing the deficiencys you are referring to in your photographs, can you please take some clear photographs under natural light of your plants and close ups of where the leaf damage is located?

"KIND Base:

Guaranteed Analysis:

Total Nitrogen (N) 4.0%
0.4% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
3.6% Nitrate Nitrogen
Calcium (Ca) 5.0%

Derived from: Calcium Nitrate, Ammonium Nitrate

KIND Bloom:

Guaranteed Analysis:

Available Phosphate (P205) 6.0%
Soluble Potash (K2O) 6.0%
Magnesium (Mg) 1.5%
1.5% Water Soluble Magnesium
Sulfur (S) 2.75%
Iron (Fe) 0.12%
0.12% Chelated Iron

Derived from: Monopotassium Phosphate, Potassium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Iron EDTA, Seaweed Extract (Ascophyllum nodosum)

KIND Grow:

Guaranteed Analysis:

Total Nitrogen (N) 2.0%
0.6% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
1.4% Nitrate Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P205) 2.0%
Soluble Potash (K2O) 4.0%
Magnesium (Mg) 1.5%
1.5% Water Soluble Magnesium
Sulfur (S) 2.0%
Iron (Fe) 0.12%
0.12% Chelated Iron

Derived from: Ammonium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate, Monopotassium Phosphate, Potassium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Iron EDTA, Seaweed Extract (Ascophyllum nodosum)"

Here is the nutrient calculator for your nutrients

https://www.botanicare.com Nutrient Calculator

According to the nutrient calculator by week 4 you should be using 6 millilitres per gallon of Kind Base and 12 millilitres per gallon of Kind Grow, can you raise the Kind Base to 6 millilitres per gallon without nutrient burning your plants? If you notice the tips of your leaves yellowing and browning that is a sign of nutrient burn and the nutrients should be reduced.

O.K my nutrients and soil are a good choice. I thought that my PH was O.K because the runoff was at 6. I read someplace about runoff being lower if, it is a 6 then it should be about 6.5 or so in the center of the pot. About what should my runoff be? I took some photos of some of the plants that are having issues in actual sunlight while the sun was out :( It did not stay for very long. They do look different not so sound like a bumpkin.:loopy: I keep everything in the tent. I will get them uploaded today. I have several plants that only have three leaves to them. I don't have the money to get a meter for PH a good one anyway. For now I am just going to have to deal with the drops. OH, my water PH before adding anything to it is a 7 and it is well water.

Thank you SO MUCH for your TIME and INPUT! :)

I didn't get the photos up yesterday, like I had hope. But, I did manage to get 3/4 of the plants flushed with 6.5 water. I used nutrients in the flush I was afraid of washing everything out. I broke down and got an electronic soil tester. I was worried about the amount of water it was taking to get then down. Every one of the plants were at a 7. So, out of curiosity when I got them down to 6.5 with the meter I checked the run off with the kit. The kit had it down to a 4 in the red zone. I hope the soil tester is working right. I turned the tags upside down for the ones I was not able to get to. I am hoping to finish them off today. It depends on how I feel. After the adventure of lifting and moving the 5 gal pots, I am not moving to well this A.M. Normally my son helps me when I have to do a lot of lifting but he had a tooth ache yesterday and I did not want to ask him for help.

I am glad that I woke up early our electric went out last night. The wind was blowing rather bad when I went to bed. Now my timers and light cycle will be out of whack. So, at 6 A.M I will have to reset every thing.

How long will it take the plants to recover from the flushing/ drowning? So, for a 5 gal pot it will take about 10 gal of water and the ones that were still coming out red need more flushing. Yikes! That means I need to do a water run. I have two 30 gal barrels and emptied one yesterday. We are suppose to get snow on Wednesday.

OH, what an idiot. flushing with the nutrients was a wast of money. Putting it in towards the end would have been fine then it would not have all been going out the bottom. And the ones that are still not down yet, when I continue to flush it is going to be all washed out. It just clicked in my head; shit.

So, after the flush when do I actually need to put the nutrients back to the plant? Now I do feel like a bumpkin.

My son and I had to re-flush the ones I did yesterday they were back to a 7 PH. I am assuming that is because the PH really was not at 6.5. I had this issue with my very first grow. Now I know why, the water was not the same going out as it was going in and almost all my plants were small. And making mud when repotting them did not help.

How do I keep my PH from fluctuating? When we flushed this time we used just PH water and as many gallons as it took to get 6.5 with the digital soil meter from random places around the inside of the container. The last 24 hours I have emptied two 30 gal barrels of water. I can't do a water run until Saturday. Every thing has been watered or flushed so a few days is going to be fine.

How long do I let the plants go with out nutrition? Do I let them dry out till the pot is light as I normally do? Or do I just let them go half dry and give them half the amount of nutrients so they don't go into shock from nothing to something? I do not want to mess this grow up. I need the medication.

My first grow I did not use any nutrients just the TGA soil and PH control and did not do a good job on that. Now, I know what go's in should come out. Kind of funny, a weed that can grow anyplace is so difficult to grow inside and can keep you up at night wondering if you did the right thing.

O.K thank you . Tomorrow I need to PH my clones down to 6.5 they too were up to 8. I have 6 swiss Cheese. How do I maintain a 6.5 with my soil. I t just seems to slowly go up. Why does that happen? I should, be asking how to prevent it from happening.

I will be glad when I can get the other plants out of this tent. Most of them are ready for the 10 gal pots. But, with the other ones in with them I don't have the room. Saturday is the water run and I do not know if I will have the energy to flush the 4 that are left after the drive. My water is 120 miles round trip. We will be bringing 100 gal back this time. I don't mind the drive it gets me out of town and I get to see my parents. So, most of the time it works out. It is just difficult to sit in the car/pickup for that long of a ride.

Because I am renting I am not tapping into lines or messing with anything in the home. I would love to have an RO system. It would make things so much easier. The only thing I had done was some electrical stuff and that required one small hole that can be easily patched. People that rip up rentals give the rest of us a bad reputation. I want my deposit back if I ever move. Well, I guess, that is my complaint of the day. Sorry, totally off topic.

O.K thank you . Tomorrow I need to PH my clones down to 6.5 they too were up to 8. I have 6 swiss Cheese. How do I maintain a 6.5 with my soil. I t just seems to slowly go up. Why does that happen? I should, be asking how to prevent it from happening.

A soils natural pH should be adjusted with amendments before it is used. There are several recipes for mixing up a good garden soil that will also work for cannabis. Using nutrients will usually acidify soil.

I am going to get fresh photos up tomorrow of the ones that have been flushed. I still have 8 left to do. My son and I are going to get it finished off. Holly crap!!! in the last two days they have grown!! :yahoo: I have never seen my plant grow like that ever. Now if I can just maintain things:thanks: so much for the help :)

Back
Top Bottom