First Grow!

virgingrower

hi guys just wanted to make a little journal for my first grow (hopefully many more). i have no experience and am a total noob,spent weeks researching and this site has been a great help :) plus i have a few mates who grow their own. i have a 1.2x1.2x2m grow tent with 600 hps bulb, 5 inch extractor fan and a 7 inch oscilating fan inside the tent and another at one of the vents drawing fresh air in (pics to follow).
I bought some seeds from dutch seed company i bought a feminised colour mix, blueberry,mazar and orange bud , the seeds came quick and were colour coded but i fear they sent me power plant instead of oragne bud, no matter as i germinated three using wet cotton wool on a plate on top of my boiler anyways . my daytime room temp is 77.9f and 51% humidity and my lights off temp is 66.4f with 63% humidity, i am usin gold label special mix light in big ass pots with an inch of fish tank gravel at the bottom to help with dranage. last night i put my babies into some pete pucks (after a 24hr soak)and left them sit in the room with lights off this morning i started the 18/6 light cycle. i have read that i dont need to feed my girls any nutes for the first 10 days just water is this true ? i intend on using iconic grow/bloom to feed them at 1/4 strength to start (not at the same time). how often do i feed/water them ? my water ph out of the tap is 6.4 do i need to adjust it or when i add my nutes will that drop the ph and whats the lowest ph my girls can handle ? any tips,hints and help will be greatly appreciated. I am sure i have left some stuff out LOL :peace:

DSC_07892.jpg

DSC_07863.jpg

DSC_07852.jpg

sorry the pics are on the wonk !! ;-)

i have read that i dont need to feed my girls any nutes for the first 10 days just water is this true ? i intend on using iconic grow/bloom to feed them at 1/4 strength to start (not at the same time). how often do i feed/water them ? my water ph out of the tap is 6.4 do i need to adjust it or when i add my nutes will that drop the ph and whats the lowest ph my girls can handle ? any tips,hints and help will be greatly appreciated. I am sure i have left some stuff out LOL :peace:

Usually theres no need to feed them at the beginning to avoid burning them, although it depends on the grow base you are using. Keep in mind that the soil also has nutes. I think you should wait till the first true set of leaves appears.

For the watering schedule, try to learn when the soil is dry rather than sticking to a rigid schedule. I water them when the soil is dry and it works for me.

Regarding the ph, I think 6.4 is ok. You don't want it much lower than that. Regarding your nutes... I have no idea how yours affect the ph. You could measure the ph of the water with nutrient to check if its to off and correct it.

thanks for the replies. i do have a soil ph/moisture/light meter with two probes that go into the soil but only use it to test the ph in the soil two maybe three times during lights on. i planted my girls two days ago into the pete pucks and haven't watered them since :) i have some more pics of them . its hard to get pics of my set up because the light plays havoc with my camera ! ha ha
DSC_07961.jpg

DSC_07973.jpg

DSC_07983.jpg

i dont know why my pics are coming out sideways :-(

Subscribed. I'll be following along. Started my 1st grow about a month ago & it's progressing well. Everything that you are doing is solid, just give the plants time and mother nature will do her thing.

my water ph out of the tap is 6.4 do i need to adjust it or when i add my nutes will that drop the ph and whats the lowest ph my girls can handle ? any tips,hints and help will be greatly appreciated. I am sure i have left some stuff out LOL :peace:

Keep the PH between 6.0 & 7.0. In the middle is perfect. It's too early to think about nutes, but when adding you'll want to measure the run off water and compare it to the water with nutes that you added. If it nutes were poured in at 6.4 and comes out at 6.0, then your soil's PH will be right in the middle at 6.2. Many soils are self buffering, so as long as you check it, you'll be okay!

I'm subed lookin good so far. I'm curious what strains are you growing? I'm a newbie too I would like to see how other people new to growing have at it as well. So good luck.

cheers for the advice on the ph sabo. :) i'm checking the soil ph several times a day its not a digital guage but easy to read after a water the ph is roughly 6.5 (plain tap water) and they have only recieved one watering in the week they been growing :)

You might want to keep the area damp with a mister, since the tiny thing are in such a big pot already. They'll love that!

yeah i fill the black tray halfway up with water and have the towel dipped into it with a fan blowing the moist air straight onto my girls i filled it straight after taking the pic this morning :). quick question when should i start adding the nutes and how often ?
cheers :thumb:

I wouldn't even worry about nutes for awhile. The plants have more than enough to get nourishment from. Those little plain leaves that 1st developed are actually what they are feeding from right now. Wait for those to disappear 1st. In the mean time, do some research on what type of nutes you want to use, if any. Am in Day 31 of my grow and the plants are still not telling me that they need additional nutrients, but as soon as I see that the bottom leaves start to turn a little yellow, they'll get their 1st feeding.

cheers sabo i have researched what nutes i want to use its called iconic grow for soil. i have a bloom for soil feed too. excellent info thanks :) i'll be posting pics every few days anyways and if i'm missing something any help would be greatly appreciated :)

hi guys spotted some yellowing on one of my girls at the tips of two of the leaves any ideas ? ph is between 6.5 6.7 its had only one watering (24th) since being planted and this is day 10 of being in soil i haven't added any nutes just water at the same temp as the grow room cheers :thanks: in advance
DSC_08042.jpg

Since you are running 600 watt light, it just might be a little to strong for the seedlings. I'd back it off a little, also the dirt looks dry. I started most of my plants in solo cups or 4 inch planters so I could keep the soil moist, not wet. You might want to give it a little more water. That's the problem with seedlings in such big pots, it's hard to regulate how fast the soil dries out.

Back
Top Bottom