Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree335Likes

Thread: My First Grow - Indoor CFL

420 Member

Re: My First Grow - Indoor CFL

Don't know what those faces mean but guessing not good

Blog Entries

Did you check your water's PH before adding the vinegar? What was it? Did you check the PH of the water after it drained through the pot? What was it? Vinegar is used in a pinch when adjusting your PH to get it down. Baking soda is used in a pinch to get it up when it is too low.

I don't know what the PH of the water would be after 1 tsp of vinegar in it, but I bet it is going to be very low.

420 Member

Don't have my ph tester kit yet. But the dude said our towns water runs around 7.3 that's why he uses 4ml to get it to 6.5. Said he hasn't measured ph in years just always uses that because our town water is pretty consistent. After I figure out how to add a sig line mine will say I always feel dumber after posting hehe

Blog Entries

Don't add that to your signature, I'm new also, but have experience growing other plants. I would definitely rethink your strategy though, before you pop the next seeds. In an earlier post, I sent the link that is on the main page in the Forum on "How to grow Cannabis". I would really read it, it has tons of information that cover the basics.

The water in the reservoir where I'm going to draw water from is 7.4. I only needed a couple of drops of vinegar to get it down to 6.5. If you go under 6.0 or over 7.0, it will most likely lock up the plant.

420 Member

Thanks. I don't think we are watering enough either right now we are giving 1/2 cup water every 48 hours does that sound right

Blog Entries

I think you said you flushed the plants 2 days ago, so they have more than enough water. Let them dry out to 80% and then transplant into another soil with the properly PH'd water. I wouldn't give them any of that water with the teaspoon of vinegar in it though. Just my opinion.

420 Member

Just curious in a normal grow with plants this size and pots this size though for futer reference

Blog Entries

That is entirely up to you, how long were you going to Veg? After you flip them, they can double or even triple in height. From what I've seen most people grow in 3 - 5 gallons containers. I am growing in 2 gallon containers, because I am aiming for a smaller bushier type of plant (AK-48) with good yields. My skunk/northern lights are going into a 3 gallon pot before I flip.

420 Member

Got a ph test kit today and hydrometer. Ph from the tap top the test kit rang so its 8.6+ that might be why the guy told me to add 4ml to a gallon. Humidity is 10% in my house glad I just added a humidifier to the room

Cannabis Connoisseur - Member of the Month Winner - February 2014 Cronichemphog's Avatar

water from weight of the pot wait till its fairly dry so thr roots stretch out looking for water
    almost to the point it wilts almost

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xcburgx View Post
    Yeah in a gallon it wasn't a tea spoon exactly it was 4ml I figured that was close to a tea spoon. I used a child's dosage cup and put 4 ml in. Just went by what he told me by looking at them. Have ph tester kit ordered
    teaspoon? Not sure about vinegar, but lemon juice is what I use to adjust my PH and it only takes about three drops. My water that I transport is from a well and the normal PH of it is a 7. I saw a chart someplace and I think vinegar has less acid then lemon. Or more acid. Sorry about that. I guess I need more coffee
    Xcburgx likes this.
    Lady Vadalon

Advice welcomed for my grows

"Without trial and error we do not have perfection and with out perfection we do not have trial and error."

Click the link for part of my story about Why it is important to check your PH

Just moved salvaged 3.5 plants / Now they are outside Grow 1 Journal 1 Bubba White Shark First Scrog

Thank you for all the support in this chapter of my life!!!!

I will be watching this to see how your CFLs do, I am thinking of running a similar small setup

420 Member

We ordered a progrow 400x led to flower with just hasn't come in yet. But so far the cfls are cheap and are working well. Tricky ballencing act of getting the cfl close to the younger plants and not burning them though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xcburgx View Post
    Just curious in a normal grow with plants this size and pots this size though for futer reference
    I go from solo cups, 1gal, 3 gal, 5 gal and my next for the 12/12 will be 10 gal. And one day when I learn how to grow tomatoes in hydro then I will get away from soil. It is expensive and difficult for me to handle the pots for transplanting.
    Lady Vadalon

Advice welcomed for my grows

"Without trial and error we do not have perfection and with out perfection we do not have trial and error."

Click the link for part of my story about Why it is important to check your PH

Just moved salvaged 3.5 plants / Now they are outside Grow 1 Journal 1 Bubba White Shark First Scrog

Thank you for all the support in this chapter of my life!!!!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast