Crawdaddy's Mother Plant Hunt

Crawdaddy

Hello everyone!

This journal is dedicated to my search of a good 3-5 mother plants.

I have spent the last 6-8 months honing my indoor skills enough to the point where I can start picking some mothers. My long term plan is to have 3-5 mother plants that can produce healthy big stony buds. I want some variety among the mothers also. Then I will rotate large plants (1-2 per tent) of each mother plant. Hoping to make plants able to make 4-8 Oz to start and refine to 10-16. But the large plants are months off.

So far I only have one plant who I deem worthy, those from my past journals know the Hawaiian Snow, by Greenhouse Seeds.

My process is to pick strains, buy seeds, plant the seeds. As they get old enough take clone from each. Then flower the mothers after a few weeks. Then pick the best pheno from each and keep as a mother if worthy.

My current set up to accomplish these tasks is as follows...

Area #1 'The closet'
Just a normal sliding door closet I use as veg/clone/seedling area. Right how has an Advanced LED diamond Series 100W LED. a Small fan for circulation, no exhaust needed.
I also have a 4 foot T5 I can use, and ordered and waiting on a 96X3W Reflector Series LED from TopLED for more space coverage then current DS100.

Area #2 'The Small Tent'
An LED Wholesellers 36"X20" tent with a Advanced LED DIamond Series 200W. a Small fan for circulation and a small inline fan for exhaust.

Area #4 'The Medium Tent'
A Gorilla 3'X3' grow tent, with top LED 6 unit COB LED w/ UFO supplemental spectrum LED. A 435 cfm exhaust fan on variable speed timer set to medium low. and several clip on fans for air circulation.

for the biggest of my grow areas, but nothing really involving this hunt for mothers, visit my other thread:
Crawdaddy's 4'X4' Grow Tent w/Mars II 240X5W LED

Nothing fancy in my set ups just what is needed:)

Anyhow that the setup, now the strains.

Hawaiian Snow-Pure Sativa -GreenHouse Seeds
Popped one bean 8 months ago, flowered several times since then in previous journals. The one bean I popped has turned into my only keeper. Have the 4 other beans in flower now, with clones in veg.

Blueberry-Dutch Passion Seeds
Popped one bean, nothing special could have been bad growing on my my part, gave away clone cause not want at time 6 months ago. Planted the other 4 beans in December, culled one, now have 3 about 24 days into flower in the small tent.

Brainstorm-Dutch passion Seeds
Same as two above popped one bean 8 months ago, been growing clones of this one since. Few finishing harvests in previous journals Some bad growing technique, but this pheno is very easy to burn and buds have distinctive smell, but not very bulky.

Lemon Thai Kush- Humboldt Seeds
Bought and planted three of them 4 days ago, all have broken ground.

FlowerBomb Kush- Strain hunters Seeds
Bought and planted at same time as Lemon Thai Kush, so far 2 of 3 have broken soil.

Barney Farm Vanilla Kush and Chimera Blue
Single seeds my g/f bought me for birthday, planted about a month ago.

I will be happy if I find one or two keeper mothers in addition to the Hawaiian Snow.

So now the pics, first is everything in the Closet, as you can see crowded, why ordered the other light from TopLED....
DSCN14557.JPG

The Hawaiian Snow and Brainstorm clones from the 3 of each flowering in the Medium Tent.
DSCN14565.JPG

Lemon Thai Kush seedlings coming up, one might be in trouble no first set of real leaves.
DSCN145710.JPG
DSCN14589.JPG

FlowerBomb Kush seedlings..
DSCN14599.JPG

Clones of the Blueberries flowering in the Small Tent, trying to keep them small till their mothers finish and I can pick one....
DSCN14607.JPG

Vanilla Kush and Chimera blue, these babies where under the T5 for a while and did not like it, transplanted into 3 gallon pot and put under the Ds100 and been looking better last 3 days...
DSCN14615.JPG

A brainstorm clone of plant I been gorwing for a while, been experimenting with training her, may give away for space.
DSCN14625.JPG

And a Hawaiian Snow clone I been training also. As of now this may be my first large plant, she may eventually be put in 7-10 gallon pot and flowered by her self in medium or large tent. Trying to get her to have a lot of central tops, on the order of 12-15. and then spread them out after transplanting in large pot. She will have to veg another 60 days until plants in there are done.
'
DSCN14636.JPG

Here are the Blueberries in the small tent, flower day 26, #1-#3 left to right. Starting to form up. Hopefully get nice big buds we shall see.
DSCN14698.JPG
DSCN14646.JPG
DSCN14655.JPG
DSCN14667.JPG
DSCN14676.JPG
DSCN146810.JPG

Finally in the medium tent I have 3 Hawaiian snows, a White Widow and Chronic that are free seeds not a part of the hunt, for now, and 3 brain storm. Flower day 11 for the Hawaiian Snow, day 6 for the rest. Camera batteries died so will update that tent tomorrow.

Well I hope everyone enjoys the search!

Did I finally sub on the first page ?

Welcome everyone, well some semi bad news, looks like only 2 of the Lemon Thai Kush and one of the Flowerbomb Kush going to make it. 1 of the LTK is not even making its first set of real leaves, I have seen this a few times before, they just never come out. And only two of the FBKs broke ground(so far) and one did not reveal itself right and looks like it got damped off. O well, at least not much time investment in them.

SO i need to get one more strain(and maybe another 1 or 2 for future) , right now my fist choice is TH Seeds Bubblegum( I liked CA215's results with their Sage and Sour and I love Bubblegum from my days in Amsterdam in the 1990's at the Grey Area), anyone have any suggestions?

I've always wanted to grow chocolate skunk and bubblegum.

Yea bubblegum is up there, but they pricey seeds from TH Seeds. who makes chocolate skunk?

I was thinking about Bomb THC Bomb seeds and doing goggle search for grows with them found yours, what you think of it?, considering I am planning on big plants eventually, yours was one big fat bud looked like.

So here is update on the ladies in the Medium Tent

Brainstorm 1-3 left to right. Looking good, they are only 6 days into flower.
Brainstorms.jpg

Hawaiian Snow 1-4 (no 2) left to right, they are looking good, going to need to be de-bushed soon. This is flower day 13 for them.
Hawaiian_Snows.jpg

And the two free seeds, White Widow on left and Chronic on right. Flower day 6 for these two.
CH_and_WW.jpg

And everything back in the tent, as you can see way too crowded in there, the WW and CH may have to find a new home, but I do not know where LOL.
COB_tent.jpg

I grew thc bomb. a real pain it was bred under fluors or something cause plants are small!

go with a different company then if too pricey. all the genes are the same as long as it's a reputable company. for example sensi seeds purple haze is super pricey, but g13 labs cloned it and sell it much cheaper. looks amazing.

also I love the 28% thc on this. this was my dream plant if I'd ever buy seeds online LOL

btw your plants look amazing.

oh yeah. jamaica seeds I grew their blackout kush it was great. they have jamaican chocolate on of jamaicas homelands and also bubblegum too. we grew a couple blackout kush plants and all grew great. we took strongest male and female and thats how I have all these blackout kush seeds (g13 x ogk)

COTTON CANDY BUD FEM 1 SEED. (bubblegum I'm guessing)
Sweet and punchy.
Kobra backcross. Indica dominant.
More than 20% THC
Medical Marijuana.
Kobra / Kobra Lemon x Afghan / Big Bud.
Outdoor Northern Hemisphere: October.
Outdoor Southern Hemisphere: April.
Indoor: 8 weeks.
Super crops.
Now in 1 feminised seed pack.

JAMAICAN CHOCOLATE FEM 1 SEED.
The legendary ganja from Jamaica.
Exclusive and unique.
Medical Marijuana over 20% T.H.C.
Sativa dominant: Lambsbread (Congo x South India).
Outdoor Northern Hemisphere: October-November.
Outdoor Southern Hemisphere: April-May.
Indoor: 9-10 weeks of flowering.
Now feminised, 1 seed pack.

this is where I found chocolate skunk, real cheap too. I don't know the company at all but they don't look like they're bsing 00 Seeds - Herbies Seeds

Subd!

My plan is to use colloidal silver to make fem seeds as backups of any keepers I find. Too paranoid about clones/mother dying off and leaving me at ground zero again. I know not the same as clones, but close enough I think, and a little surprise pheno variation could be fun!

For strains, I'm searching for that mythical up/euphoric/clearheaded/motivational/no anxiety high. I experienced it once with Master Kush (which I now believe must've been mislabeled because every review I can find says it's sleep-inducing Indica couchlock!) and it was fucking life changing! That's actually what got me seriously interested in Cannabis because for my entire life before that, I only knew two kinds of weed: puts me to sleep/gives me an anxiety attack. LOL

So I've been collecting beans like Mandala's Ganesh, TGA Jillybean, DJ Short Flo. Flo especially sounds like the "Master Kush" I had, but if anyone has any other suggestions of strains that fit my goals lemme know so I can add them to my list. :) It's gonna be awhile before I'll be able to grow anything, but it doesn't hurt to build up the list in advance. :)

That Hawaiian Snow sounds amazing, I'm curious to see what kind of pheno variants you get with the other beans...

Thanks for the info b.real!

Boscoe, yea the type of high you say you like is normally a more Sativa type high. Interesting that you got what you liked from a Kush. I have seen that flo before, had me interested. You should consider the Hawaiian Snow, the one I am smoking on now meets your criteria IMO. But everyone is different.

In order to replace the horrible (50%) rate for the LTK and FBK, I planted some more seeds, these were all free and feminised from herbies when i ordered the FBK and LTK....

2 X Royal Queen Critical

from website:
There are always lots of requirements to fill when deciding which strain to grow: strength, yield, flavour, ease of growth, suitability to climate etc. There is one marijuana plant that tries to bring together all these features in a perfect balance in order to produce the ultimate cash crop

1 X Royal Queen Power Flower

From Website:
During the 90s, a group of passionate growers from the Netherlands travelled to South Africa to gather genetics which could be added to their library. Using the genetics they collected, this team would give birth to a nearly pure Sativa (12% Indica) made exclusively with those genetics.

Interesting that you got what you liked from a Kush.

I know, right? Doesn't make any sense, which is why I'm convinced it was mislabeled or maybe it was harvested WAY early? It was from a dispensary, so should've been legit. Then again, maybe my personal chemistry is just that whack. I literally had zero interest in sitting down, that stuff made me want to go hiking, work on art or play music. It also made my thinking amazingly clear. Like it was suppressing all the background chatter, leaving me extremely clear headed, quick thinking and focussed. I was beyond functional on that stuff, I was enhanced! So I got some MK beans just to see what's what, but I suspect it'll just confirm my suspicions about the mislabel.

The Hawaiian Snow sounds great and is def on my list!

So just ordered some more seeds to help in my hunt, ordered from herbies as usual.

Got ..

3 Samsara Seeds Spicy White Devil Feminized (from their website)
The result of crossing one of the strongest and most resinous sativas, the Jack Herer (a strain bestowed with the status of prescribed medicinal cannabis by dutch pharmacists) with the original Blueberry from the late 70s, she's a very vigorous, compact, hardy plant laden with dense buds tinged with red and blue. So productive that under optimal conditions even her branches and larger leaves become covered in fruity smelling trichomes that taste of blueberries. Her best quality being her double-edged strength, the effect is a high quality, long-lasting and enjoyable euphoria. A perfect blend of a sublime sativa rush and massive, resinous indica yields!

5 X TH Seeds Bubble Gum regular (from their website)
Bubblegum was our first contribution to the seed world in 1993. Over the last decade it has proven, through numerous awards and world wide fame, that this plant is here to stay. We successfully inbred and stabilised this plant for it's most desirable characteristics, it's fruity smell, thick lingering flavor and short soldier like stature. Bubblegum breeds true, and has been used by many seed companies to produce award winning hybrids, and will make a great cornerstone for your breeding program.
This is a true superplant!

and to try out some autoflowers this spring...

Buddha Assorted Auto Feminised Seeds Info
NEW ASSORTED AUTO!!!
Buddha claims this is "The best autoflowering mix. 100% Buddha Seeds Quality".
In this mix you will find one seed from each of these strains:

White Dwarf
Red Dwarf
Deimos
Syrup
The pack also contains 6 seeds from strains that will be in the market in the future or experimental hybrids, between them you´ll find smells and flavours which will remember to many of the biggest classics and some others really innovative.

All seeds are 100% auto-flowering and 100% feminized. Times to harvest vary between 50-55 days until 80-85.Ideal for those who enjoy variety.

Plus it comes with the following free :) :
1 x World Of Seeds Strawberry Blue FEMINISED SEED
2 x Delicious Cotton Candy FEMINISED SEEDS
3 x Delicious Fruity Chronic Juice FEMINISED SEEDS
10 x Hawaiian Skuk Haze REGULAR SEEDS
1x Flash Babylon Auto
1x 2 Pack of T.H Mk Ultra Seeds

That should be enough for a while.

Back
Top Bottom