Slogro's Bagseed on a Tight Budget almost ghetto CFL 2014 Version 1.0

slogro

Good Morning! What we have here as my better half would say "The Nutty Professor's attempt to grow something from some bag seed.

Thank you :420: community. I have learned so very much here and I hope to help this community grow.
Have not figured out how to make my journal in my sig. Ill do that later today. For the Particulars on this grow
Type: Bag seed
Age: Day 54 from being started in a paper towel Day 4 of 12/12
Indoor 20"x"30X60"
Soil:
FFOF and Happy Frog 50/50 mix In 3 gallon black plastic grow bags
Light: 20 23 watt CFL and 1 65 Watt CFL
Air: PC fan when lights off for intake and a 4" Duct booster fan attached to a DIY Air Scrubber for Exhaust. (
Temp of Room/cab? All over the place as low as 60f and as high as 95
RH of Room/cab? mostly around 50% when i give lots of water and have it closed up i have seen it as high as 90%
PH of media or res? I use filtered tap water add a .5 tsp of lemon juice per gallon of water to drop ph to 6.5
Any Pests ? No Pest at this time. I use neem oil and do a light mist on them about every 10 days.
How often are you watering? I have been watering about every 3 to 4 days as needed. I feel the weight of the grow bag and if it feels light i add water.
Type and strength of ferts used? Dyna grow Grow currently at .75 tsp per gallon of water. and i use a b12 about every 3rd watering.

My Journal is a bit of a mess photo wise because i used my phone to create it and keep track of it and alot of the photos are not here or in order.

I am new to this process and would like to become a professional one day.
My endgame goal? Help the world to be a better place one person at a time. I would love to have a piece of land with about 25 acres on it. that has a couple springs on it. create a space that people can come too to renew themselves and learn how to get out of the rat race.

One day God willing i will make this goal/dream come true.
Ok enough about me onto the grow.

The Photos i have are out of order but you can see how things progressed.

Day one
1/09/2014

I Set 7 seeds to sprout. The seeds are of unknown genetics. I used tap water to soak a paper towel. I wrung out the the towel leaving just enough dampness to create an environment that would sprout the seed I put them in a damp paper towel in a sealed plastic bag. I put them on top of my tower where it stays warm.

Day two
1/10/2014
Nothing yet. I am still waiting on the seeds to pop. I cant wait to see if they will pop. I really hope they pop.

Day three
1/11/2014
Guess what? doh nothing yet. I hope these are not duds. That would be no good if they were duds.
Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

Day Four
1/12/14
4 seeds popped ! I put the. In 4 inch pots for now. They are in fox farms soil. Under 8 23 watt 6500k cfl's.

Day Five
1/13/14
3 more seeds popped! I put them all in smaller cups that are the same size. Keeps everything uniform.
The seeds that popped on 1/11/14 are now showing 2 nodes.

Day Six
1/14/14
temps a little warm. It was a high of 83f. I installed a vent fan to help remove heat. I did a ph test on tap water it seems to be around 7. I added some Lemon juice to drop the ph to around 5.5 to 6. I added a half of tsp. of dyna gro to a gallon of water. It's a 7-9-5 plant food. 441 was total tds.

Day seven
1/15/14
plants look well. The biggest one is on second node. The smaller ones are just breaking off shell. No water today.
Lights are still 18/6. Temps said high of 84 and low of 68. 48% humidity.

Day Eight
1/16/14
plants are looking fine. One has a deformed leaf
I am not sure what that is caused from.
The temps seem to be fine I am going to move them closer to the light. I do not want to burn them. But I think at a week old thy should be closer. No water today the soil is still moist. The stems are red. I wi research if they are missing anything. These seeds are bag seed from a friend, so I have no clue as to what strains they are. I am going to add more ventilation today.
IMG_27495.JPG

Day Nine
1/17/14
Wondering if I should top next node I am thinking so. Temps were good 75
Humidity is 45%
Evening check on plants. The pots were light and needed water. I watered each one with about 4-6 oz of water
Lights are about 3 inches over plants
I think the fan needs to be slower. I wonder if wiring a dimmer switch would control the fan speed more accurately.

Day ten
1/18/2014
Plants look well. I named each one by number at the moment since I don't know the sexes yet.
I removed two 23 watt bulbs. The lights seemed to spread too far than what is needed at the moment I also added two beer can reflectors to help improve lighting. Plant photos in order (later learned Beer can reflectors can cause a fire if you are not very careful. I do not recommend them at all)
I notice the leaves are curling under I wonder if too much light on them currently there are three 23watt 6500k and 1 23 3700k and one 65watt 6500k cfl's Temps are good rh45%

Day 10
1/19/14
Checked on plants and lights In the am. The lights are 3 inches away from plants on average.

Checked on plants in the evening. Lights were good. Weight was a little light on the plants. I will have to
water in the am.

Day 11
1/20/14
Lights are good. Plants needed water
I took a ph reading and the water was high. So I put some Lemon juice to drop ph. I watered the plants and run off ph was good

The temps were good ranging from 80 to 65. Rh was between 60% and 45%

Day 12
1/21/14
Am check lights are good. Plants are growing slowly. They look very healthy and the red stems are starting to disappear. Temps and humidity are good.
So far so good.

Day 13
1/22/14
Plants watered with plain ph adjusted water. Added some hydro ton to top of plants to help slow down evaporation
Temps are good

Day 14
1/23/14
Everything looks good

Day 15
1/24/14
am check was good. Overnight temps were a little on the cool side with a low of 57
Light to plant placement is good.

pm check I moved the plants around to optimize light, I lift the containers to see if they need water and they are fine for the moment. I think they will need water tomorrow night. fimm'ed plants 5 and 7.

Day 16
1/25/14
Fimm'ed the rest of the plants they are doing very well. temps and such are good. added a pur water filter to the tap to help improve control over water.

Day 17
12/26/14
am check the plants look good temp and rh are good, I left them alone today will check them in the am

Day 18
12/27/14
Plants look great they were not quite ready for water but number 5 was really light. I watered them each with 4 oz of plain ph'ed water, the tap water seems to go up by itself in ph as it sits. I used some lemon juice to lower ph to 6.5

Day 19
1/27/14
Plants look well this morning was a low of 63 in the tent. I am going to have to kick out the tomatoes soon and make room for more lights.

1/28/14
Plants look amazing! They are doing so well. I was going to wait to water until tomorrow. I see they are doing so well that i watered them with .5 tsp of dyna gro and .5 tsp of b12 the ph keeps going back up on the water i am not sure why that is.

I started LST on them tonight. I hope they enjoy the stretch. I also pinched a leaf off of one
it would not have gotten light so i gently pinched it off. I hope i don't stress them out and make them herm. Only time will tell.

Day20
1/29/14
moved plants this morning they look a little stressed from the lst. will check them again this evening
#5 looks a bit droopy
pm check plants look good, had to put dryer sheets in the vent of tent starting to smell.

Day 21
1/30/14
Plants got too warm. I had turned on the heat in the room to take off the chill and it got 86 in the tent.
I turned off the heat and gave them ph'ed water. all of the plants appeared to be very distressed.

Day 22
1/31/14
Plants look well. number 5 and number 7 appear to be very droopy still. I am thinking that number 5 may be a Ruderelis. I watered 5 and 7 with ph adjusted water. and added two more 23 watt cfl's in the 6500k range lights to the tent.

Day 23
2/1/14
Plants look well this morning. 5 and 7 are still droopy 7 looks better though. Transplant day.
I mixed a bag of happy frog and a bag of ocean forest together using the the tarp method.
and filled six three gallon bags and half of another. Six bags fit in tent but its very tight.
I rebuilt the light fixture spreading out the light evenly over the bags and added four more lights. currently there are 10 23 watt CFL and one 65 wat CFL making a total of 295 true watts . I added more beer cans to the reflector to help keep the light focused on the plants. Plants one through six made it into the 3 gallon pots, seven is still in its starter pot.

Day 24
2/2/14
Built 2 new reflector hoods out of 26 gauge steel. Watered the plants 4oz each of ph'ed water.
Everything looks good. Five is looking better and not drooping as much as it was.
I also created 2 flanges for the ventilation system. they are made out of a coffee can and a plastic coffee can. The cans insert perfectly into the vent holes in tent. If i have heat issues i will get a larger Exhaust fan.

Day 25
2/3/14
Everything looks good. Temps and RH were good. I gave each plant 4 0z of water right next to stem.
The pots still feel heavy.

Day26
2/4/14
Plants look healthy and well this morning. I gave five and six 8 oz of water. I do not want to over water so i left the rest of them alone. I will take photos this evening. Plants look well. A couple of them show signs of nute burn. I have not added any nutes. It must be the mix of the FFOF and Happy Frog. The pots still feel heavy.

Day 27
2/5/14
Plants look good this morning. I pulled small yellow leaves of one of them. I do not recall which one at the moment. 2 or 3 of the plants show signs of nute burn. The bags still feel pretty heavy. The leaves are not drooping excpet for droopy number five. Most of the leaves are starting to point upwards. I have not watered most of them since day 25. I did water 5 and 6 with 8 oz of water each. I am still trying to figure out the weight of bag when they need water. I will check the plants tonight and expect that they need water.

pm check plants are good. I watered number 7 it is still in a little pot i am going to have to transplant in to a slightly larger pot that will fit into the the tent.
Some of the leaves on the plants are still showing signs of nute burn.

Day 28
2/6/14
am: everything looked good. temps are a little high i am going to drill holes into the hoods and that should help keep temps down. watered number 6 with full gallon of water hoping to flush nute burn.
pm: everything is good temps got really high to 91 have to get that down. plants look well. tore a leaf off of one of the plants while trying to lst it. I hope it does not put it into shock but we will see.

Day 29
2/7/14
am: Watered plants with 1 gallon of water. they are looking good.
pm: Plants look good lots of new growth.

Day 30
2/8/18 plants are starting to give off an odor. I got a jar of ona and playing with that to find best way to make it work. Plants look well over all. Number serven got water today.

Day 31
2/9/14
Reconfigured the tent it now has alot more light. I removed the hoods and am trying to find a way to remove heat with what i have available. Overall the plants look very good i may need to water five and six before lights out tonight..

Day 32
2/10/14 Plants looked well this morning. They look fine in the eveing also dealing with heat issues
have to get the temps down. It was 84 in there today.

Day 33
2/11/13
Plants look well. still having heat issues.

Day 34
2/12/14
Plants are looking great. Still have heat issues. Hope to have that corrected Soon.

Day 35
2/13/14
Plants look well. They got water and .5 tsb of dyna grow in a ph 6.5 water working on odor control and i think they are starting to show sex.

Day 36
2/14/14
Plants look well. They are growing very nicely. I need get ready for flowering in the next few days. I am getting a jewlers loup to check the preflowers. My eyesight is not the greatest and i cant see what the sexes are yet.

Day37
2/15/14
Plants look great. I am very pleased with the way they are growing. I am doing lst on them and i think I may top them or fim them. I am alos building a DIY air scrubber. to help with odor issues.
the house does not stink but the bedroom is quite odorus.

Day 38
2/16/14
Built a DIY air scrubber have to get a fan contoller now to controll speed of fan. plants are looking well # sever looks like a drawf now compared to the others.

Day 39
2/17/14
I fimmed 3 of them this morning. I am thinking i will do the rest this evening and maybe water them. the grow bags feel quite heavy still. I am also still doing lst on them. I am thinking the fimming will set them back a week on veg but due to the small space it should improve yields. I have not found any pre-flowers yet to determine
sex. I will most likly veg for total of 60 days if there is room to do so.

Day 40
2/18/14
Plants look well . Still dealing with heat issues. I will have to get that resolved quickly.

Day 41
2/19/14
forgot to water 7 last night not sure if its gonna make it. turned the fan that was blowing air on the plants in reverse for today hoping to suck the heat of tent. it was 95 in there yesterday.
I watered the plants there are 2 in each tub and i used .5 gallons of water with .5 tsp of dyna grow in it.
I dont think #7 is going to recover.

Day 42
2/20/14
Plants got over warm today I hope they did not get too stressed out. They seem to be doing well.

Day43
2/21/14
Watered Plants they look great. Growing very well. Tight node spacing and a lot of new growth.
They are staying very short and bushy.
I watered them with a .5 gallon of water with .5 tsp of dynagrow.
installed a window ac unit running on fan mode to help exchange air..
ac in fan mode did not help.
still have heat issues
number 7 is in bad shape but fighting to survive. i removed all of the heat crispy fan leaves and it has small leaves that are looking to try and make it. chances are the stress it has been through it will turn into a male plant.

Day 44
2/22/14
Watered the plants again today with .5 gallon of water. they drank it all up. I did more lst basicly flipping the plants direction over to expose underside and tied them down. hoping to create more growth. we will see how it goes.

Day 45
2/23/14
Plants look well in the am. I removed 5 sugar leaves off of one plant to see what would happen. I also sprayed the plants with neem oil. I found a mosquito in the tent just want to make sure the bugs stay out..
number 7 is not dead it is showing new growth. Watered each plant from the top with about 1 gallon of water each.

Day 46
2/24/14
Plants look well did a little bit of LST and gently very gently moved the fan leaves around. To help light penetration. Still not happy with my air scrubber I am going to build a new one a little bit larger and see how that works.

Day 47
Rotated plants and checked the weight of them. They are doing well. I wish i knew what the sexes were of these plants so can separate the males and thin the tent and put the females into 5 gal pots. I may get a larger pot if i have room. I am also considering making a giant mother from one of the females and take clones from her to veg the next round. The males i will collect the pollen from and use that to make selective seeds.

Day 48
2/26/16
Temps were good yesterday. Plants are doing really well they are drinking lots of water. I am trying to make sure i do not over water them. I Do a little LST on them almost everyday. Not alot of stress on them though.
The photos say they are well.

Day 49
2/27/14
Plants look well today did some more lst this morning checked in the pm and all was good. sometimes it best to let them alone for a lil bit so i let them be this evening. temps were ok.

Day 50
Day one of 12/12
2/28/14
Plants look well this morning. Turned lights off this morning they will be running from 7 pm to 7 am to keep things cooler. I cannot tell the sex yet of any of the plants. only time will tell now. I am hoping for at least 4 plants to be female. I wanted to take clones but i do not see that happening now that i have put them into flower
IMG_31575.JPG
IMG_31564.JPG
IMG_31555.JPG
IMG_31542.JPG
IMG_31532.JPG
IMG_31523.JPG
IMG_31514.JPG
IMG_31504.JPG

Day 51
Day 2 of 12/12
3/1/14
Let plants alone just made sure not needing anything. Letting them get used to the new light schedule.
Colors and such look well.

Day 52
Day 3 of 12/12
Plants look very well they are not showing signs of sex yet. I watered each pair with 1 gallon of water
with 3/4 tsp of dynagro and .5 tsp of B12. and PH 6.5 water. Lights are on in the evening and off during the day to help keep things cooler. I took the big fan leaves/sugar leaves and grouped them up and put a loose wire on them then spread them out. they Still do their job but they are not covering up the new growth. I Did some type of LST on each of them. The vertical height is not over a foot at this time. Overall they look very well. Soon i will have to get an HID or LED light. Funds are not available for Lights at this time. I have Swapped out alot of the 5600k for the 2700k. I will swap out more in the next day or two.
IMG_31872.JPG
IMG_31862.JPG
IMG_31793.JPG
IMG_31782.JPG
IMG_31772.JPG
IMG_31761.JPG
IMG_31752.JPG
IMG_31741.JPG
IMG_31733.JPG
IMG_31723.JPG
IMG_31711.JPG
IMG_31704.JPG
IMG_31693.JPG
IMG_31682.JPG
IMG_31672.JPG
IMG_31654.JPG
IMG_31643.JPG
IMG_31622.JPG
IMG_31612.JPG

IMG_31606.JPG

Please Feel free to offer any Positive Advice.
Once i know the sex of the plants i will remove the males and put the females in 5 gallon grow bags.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and Catch up.:thanks:

Looks great ill just sit down on the couch over here and watch em grow! I like how busy they are. thinking I will plant some seeds for mothers when I can lay hands on some good genetics.

Day 57
Day 7 of 12/12
3/7/14
Plants are doing well. Rotated them in the tent and check weight of bags. After moving to 12/12 they are using a lot less water. Things are going well. I have been doing a lot of research on RSO and i think i am going to turn all of this into RSO when its done.
The plants are still not showing sex. When i thin out the plants i will add side lighting. The plants are very bushy and not getting a lot of penetration. Even though the lights are only about 3 inches about plants.

Day 60
Day 10 of 12/12
Plants look well. They are overcrowded. No signs of sex excpet on Number One.
I removed some of the larger fan leaves on a few of the plants to help with light.
Water meter says they are still wet deep inside from checking on the bottom. I have not added anymore water.

Day 73
Day 29 of 12/12
3/30/2014
The four girls are doing well. I just keep watering and working on LST with them I am starting to see some buds now
They are now in 5 gallon pots except one of them I dont have enough room in the tent for another 5 gallon pot.
IMG_33991.JPG
IMG_33953.JPG
IMG_33943.JPG
IMG_32262.JPG

I wonder if i should defoliate to help the light penetration.

Back
Top Bottom