Derkommissar - Fast & Vast Auto Indoor/Outdoor Experiment

derkommissar

Goal: To harvest 3+ oz per plant in a 70 day max grow using available items/space from my existing grow rooms with out interfering with the regular grows. This will hopefully add up to a 150-200oz harvest. It’s shooting for the stars but I feel good about my odds here. If nothing else I haven’t seen anyone try this...

Stain: Heavyweight Seeds ‘Fast and Vast’ advertised as “... reach its full potential in 7 careful weeks” Not sure what careful is....

Method.
Working this in and around my existing grows to maximize the rooms potential and also try other things....

This might seem all schizophrenic now but trust me, there is a plan behind all this:

week 1: seed starting in root riots. (Currently in day 3)
weeks 2-4ish using my currently empty 48x60 flood table I will place the plugs in 4x4 rockwool cubes and let them veg under 8x4' T-5s using a shallow flood and drain method. The end of this cycle will be determined by the needs of my next regular grow cycles need for the table. I currently have a problem-child grow in what is normally my bloom room which I converted to a high powered veg room by changing the HPS for MH and adjusting the timers. Had some mysterious issues that all but stopped growth. We think it was over watering...but that’s another post.
Whatever it was they’re doing better now and they are out of my way for the time being.

Weeks 5-8
This where things get creative. I am building break-down 12'x7' cold frames from 2x4 & ½" pvc and some other off the shelf items. 2 of these mini-greenhouses will be used to accommodate a total of 50 plants. The greenhouses will be used in the late April/early may months when it’s really to cold to put them directly outdoors.
Each of these will feature 8-10 23w 6500k CFLs running along the top of the greenhouse which will be lit as supplemental light at night running off my generator (read my first grow if that generator statement is surprising) it’s not a lot of light but it’s some light, this, combined with the sun should bump yields up.
The plant’s, already in rockwool will be CAREFULLY planted in 3 gal pots in promix with some additives (bone meal/worm castings etc). Note the word carefully and check the post in the future about this transplant.... careful is good.

Weeks 8-X
the plants will be moved to a hillside and mixed in with some scrubby brush and honeysuckle until they reach harvest time. I’m hoping to have them outdoors by the 3rd week in May and have them harvested by the last week in June.

For Nutrients I will be using Greenleaf A/N knockoffs, specifically their version of B-52, Bud Ignitor, Bud candy, Bid Bud and a few others, pretty much the majority of the A/N products. For base I will use Advanced sensi grow/bloom... no sense being silly about it.

I have already done the basic cutting and drilling for 1 greenhouse but then the weather went shitty so tomorrow I will assemble and start figuring out the covering.
The seeds are planted and sprouted (49 of 50 so far and I think #50 will pop too)
The 3 gallon buckets, ProMix, Worm Shit, Bone Meal, etc is in the barn ready to go as is the nutrients. The light bulb bases and bulbs are in the shop too so aside from the other materials for cold frame #2 and some little shit I have the vast majority of this bought and ready.

Any questions or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Re: derkommissar- Fast and Vast Auto indoor/outdoor experimant.

Day 10
yesterday started the supercharging aspect of the grow with the planting in rockwool and tabling. Expecting major growth in the next 21ish days, after which they head to the cold frames for the last leg of veging and the beginning of the bloom cycle. I can't really take a pic of the cold frames right now as it would really provide to many identifying details... they're in a very conspicuous place.
That said i was really expecting more interest in this. Autos are truly the wave of the future in many ways. getting ones head around their growing issues will pay dividends later.

IMG_0008_Copy_.JPG
IMG_0007_Copy_.JPG

(that's a clone from a bomb I KOed by accident the other day in the middle there... just seeing how it would do.)

Since I don't think anyone is reading this I might say fuck it.
But for now, here's the cold frames I built. Each frame is 12x7 with a peak height around 40". The bulbs are mix of 100w and 60w equiv. CFLs all in the high 6500k color range. there's 23 lights total in both frames (misplaced 1 socket...) and will powered only in the eve when they are in them, most of the time the plants will be in the space between the frames. The frame on the right is going to be re engineered so it opens the other way. it will make the daily chore of plants out/plants in easier. Not that moving 48 3 gal pots daily is going to be a breeze.

Closed position
IMG_0015_Copy_.JPG

Open position. The hinges I designed are genius.
IMG_0011_Copy_.JPG

Hi-tech reflectors.
IMG_0013_Copy_.JPG

I will try to remember to grab a pic of the plants tonight... growing quite well. Lost 2 and maybe a third.

Not entirely sure I am treating them right. I am just trying to work them into my existing grow and then put them outdoors to finish.
They are being treated right currently though, living it up in my flood table. They weren't to fast at the beginning but they are putting size on now. I'm not sure if they are any bigger than my Kushes would be given the same time.
Anyways, hoping for the best.

Day 21ish

IMG_0022_Copy_.JPG

IMG_0021_Copy_.JPG

Some individuals are getting really big!
IMG_0023_Copy_.JPG

IMG_0024_Copy_.JPG

Friday/Saturday looks like transplant day. I have a very special way I plan on transplanting these to avoid stress and over watering issues. I got the cold frames all sorted out and will fix the few out light sockets I have tomorrow as well inventing the dead legs. All in all moving along nicely.
Still hoping for a min of 3oz/plant average. Really need that number to make it viable. If it achieves that I may greatly expand this next year and do a 100 or 200 plant grow. Not sure if the prospect of trimming 600 oz appeals to me but $40,000 in 10 weeks is an undeniable motivator!
Thanks for looking.
Drop a comment.. feeling a bit lonely in here!

Day 25

Techno-Transplant :done
Cold frames wired for lights :done.
Plants moved :Done

The transplant involved taking a mix of pro mix, worm casting, weak nutrient solution (for moisture) and bone meal mixing it together and filling a pot. Then a large well was made in the middle of the dirt about 5 inches deep and 6" in dia. a 1/2 cup of perlite was first thrown in and then on top about a cup of course hydroton on top of that. The rock wool was place on top of that leaving about 2 " above the surface. the edges were packed with more hydroton and and were gently staked if needed. This process, I hope, will allow the super absorbing rockwool to drain better through the hydroton underneath and give the roots an easy place to start growing through.
we shall see....
IMG_0029_Copy_.JPG
IMG_0026_Copy_.JPG
IMG_0027_Copy_.JPG
IMG_0028_Copy_.JPG

I actually went down today and inspected mine and a few are showing some signs of stress. So you're not alone... hoping mine is just transplant related.

I thought so! Thanks

The real beauty of this is the time frame...It will be done before the bears in the air start looking.

getting ready for a cold night... upper 20's. all the CFLs are out, 2x 250w heat lamps in. Going to cover the frames with a few blankets and then the regular 2 tarps. The fan should move the heat around and keep them safe....

All the plants in 1 frame. Actually fit nicely. Notice fan and large bulbs...
IMG_0030_Copy_.JPG

Looking good. Solid growth across the board. Whacked a pot yesterday with a 2x4, knocked it over and the rockwool fell out. Was kinda cool though, the roots are at least a full inch long beyond the rockwool...probably more. Not bad for 4 days since transplant.
IMG_0031_Copy_.JPG

Good growth. I'm getting some yellowing leaves but nothing big. Attributing it to transplant stress.
They got there first real watering/feeding since transplant yesterday so i should see some improvement.
IMG_0034_Copy_.JPG

Anyone here got any insight about the time frame on these? I know they say 56 days... is that accurate?

Back
Top Bottom