:welcome: This will be my 4th grow 3rd journal

Swiss Cheese 6, Bubba White Shark 2
Hybrid - I don't know the percentage
They have been in veg For about 8 weeks from clone

Indoor
Soil - FoxFarm Ocean Forest
Size pot right now 1 gal
I am using 4 foot T8s
Is it aircooled?Not much Because of the Co2 some in some out.
Temp 80 to 90 of Room/Humidity 50 + Using Co2

I water as needed. Either by the weight of the pot or the finger test.
My nutrients is KIND Base, Grow and Bloom

I don't have photos before this point I was to busy with the other two journals Sorry :oops:
This Photo taken 2/21/2014 They were being put into cups.
swiss_cheese_ph_fix.jpg

Ok, a quick up date on the Swiss Cheese
Photos taken 3/2/2014 I thought that showing a step by step look on how we transplant would be cool and annoy my son and it worked :) STOP HOLD that POSE!!! Most of the time we have fun and sometimes, I think we should start our own drama show.

easytransplant1.jpg
easytransplant2.jpg
easytransplant3.jpg
easytransplanttrans5.jpg
easytransplanttrans6.jpg
easttransplanttran7.jpg
easytransplant4.jpg

have you ran your last few grows that warm? do that plants like it with the co2? mine peaks out at 80* with co2, it was pushing 90 until i moved my ballasts outside my room

I don't know what a blast is, sorry.

No, my first grow I did not run that warm and I was not using the Co2. My first grow I ran 70 -75 humidity 30-40 sometimes 50 it depended on weather. I am not using HPS lights. One tent has 2 LED and supplemented with T8s in the darker areas of the tent.The T8s are cheep and easy to replace. I found with the T8s I can get a larger spectrum of light to my plants.

The second Tent is nothing but T8s ranging from cool to warm. Right now no I am not having an issue with the high heat or humidity but, that could change when the weather starts getting warmer. When I stopped making mud-pies out of my soil and added the Co2 my garden is and has gotten out of hand.

I do use more water I have noticed with the Co2. My ventilation runs from one tent in to the next and circles around with some air coming in and some going out but, not much. I have a real hillbilly set up right now. But it works.

I have been down for almost 6 weeks I have so much updating to get done. My first journal is almost ready to go to 12/12. I know that I did not answer your question. I am a new grower. If you read in the other two journals you can get a good chuckle :)

a 4x4x8 box (I may even go 4x5x8) will be built to go on the top of The two sided frame with reenforced top to support the 4x4x8 or 4x5x8 box that will be wrapped with the bottom trays that came with each of the other tents. I don't use them because they are mold collectors and the reflective stuff is already on them. Why spend money when I don't need to.. Then I will have a new home for the swiss cheese. I have been thinking because I am going to be using wood for the frame of the top box it will be easy to train the small plants with chicken wire instead of tying them down after the topping. Then I can keep them short and wide.

I am going to make a clone box out of a dark plastic storage tub. I want to clone out the strongest swiss cheese plant and The Querkle from the 3 gall pot and use the dumb dumb branches for clones and the same for the ghost train. They should be able to stay in the storage tub for a bit of time. 2 weeks to root and solo cups are not very big. I have three T5 that will be used for this.

I am hopping that the plants in tent 1 will be ready by the time the swiss cheese will be ready to move. I think once I get the plant issue under control I can get a good rotation down. I would like to shoot for a 60 days turn over.:cheer:

I have a drying rack and I don't see why it cant be blacked out and vented to tent one for smell control. I have two really good industrial filters that were given to me. They work great!:green_heart:

Well, those are my thoughts on all this. After smothering my plants and keeping them little compared to what I am experiencing now, is like night and day. Tent two will take all 10 plants to bloom in(journal2). In Journal 1 I have 8 plants crammed in it and I am trying to keep them from over lapping each other. with the other tent flipped I can get ten plants in 7 gal/10 gal containers and have room to get in and care for them. Tent one My son is skinny and can work himself through the maze.

Any input on my ideas/thoughts would be helpful. This is only a hypothesis and not a theory yet :circle-of-love:

Looks good I have been thinking of trying sea of green is it that much harder? And does watering get difficult?

For me the SOG would not be particle. I don't have the room to set up that many plants. I know it takes A LOT of them!!!

I'm running a "sea of green" per Say, I wouldn't say I'm doing it 100% by the book. My set up/room is designed to do it, but it really depends on your genetics and trimming to make it a true sea of green. As for watering, I'm doing 24 plants, and I water 45 gallons plus a week( all with pumps and a rez. (Check out my journal for details)

Holly crap:thedoubletake: that is a lot of water. I transport my water about 150 gal at a time. That would kill me. :rip:

It's a killer, a lot of buckets... I usually set them out over night, but my tap has a ppm less than 100 so I'm not sure if I have to

What about the water barrels from the feed stores? What does ppm mean? Not trying to sound like a bumpkin. I am still trying to learn the jargon. I like that thingy or you know that thing that fits over that other thing...LOL :)

I get my buckets from the local bakeries. they just toss them anyway.

Oh... Parts per million-- Parts per million - ppm - is commonly used as a measure of small levels of pollutants in air, water, body fluids, etc. Parts per million is the mass ratio between the pollutant component and the solution.

Dictionary.com Still don't understand the science part of it but, now I don't feel so dumb:loopy:

I have a 55 gal rez, but I still have to let the tap water sit out to let the chlorine evaporate. Yeah if it has a low ppm there can't be much chlorine.

I live in town and I do water runs to my mom and dads. I,my family, cat and plants don't even drink the city water. My parents well is artesian water. Oh so good to drink. So, I transport it 120 miles round trip. Gets me out of town and I find lots of cool things for my grow stuff. Sometimes, it saves me lots of money. One day I found still in the box RV sewer hose. I snatched that up and put it to use. My set up is really ghetto but,It is clean and I keep it clean. The project that is taking place in Journal 2 is massive. When I flipped the tent on its side to make more room. The pin holes were more than I could count I really got frelled on that tent. I bought it used to begin with and was told that it had a small rip in it. I would hate to see what a large rip would look like LOL. Live and learn

I am concerned about how willowy the swiss cheese looks. The mother plant was strong. I will have to take a photo of them at daylight. Maybe someone can help me out with this. They just seem flimsy to me.

I keep forgetting the photo. With in 6 weeks I will have the 3rd box made to move the swiss cheese into it's own domain. I will be so glad to get this situation under control. And get an even flow. Thanks for everyones help :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom