Calyx Hunter's - Soil - Multi Strain - 4X4 Tent - 600W HPS

Calyx Hunter

Welcome to my second journal everyone!!!!
I will be advancing my techniques and honing my skills on this second round in the Gorilla Grow Tent.
My goal for this grow is to successfully fit in 6 different strains. I'll topping and LSTing all the fastest growers to keep things even. I will be flipping much sooner this time. I actually want to avoid a canopy this time and allow for longer branching as the 600W penetrates deeper than I anticipated. I'm going to build a drain table and drain setup so I can water and have all the drainage collected easily for removal. Watering was literally a pain in my neck for the Jedi Death Star grow.
thx_bonza.JPG

I have soaked 6 different strains 5 were purchased from Bonzaseeds.com
Diamond Girl
Great White Shark
Hindu Kush
Kush Cleanser
Lemon Kush
NY Diesel
IMG_27043.JPG

After the first 24 hours in shot glasses two had tap roots! The NYD and Hindu are the early sprouters.

I have put all 6 seeds into RapidRooters in a humidity dome with a reptile heating mat underneath.
Hopefully my next update will have green in the pictures.

I dunno about the great white shark. I hear that's what they smoke up in stone mountain georgia, if you know what I mean

*UPDATE*
Teldren is a cool dude and hooked me up on 4 OG clones.
I've put them in my dome with the 6 seeds still under rapid rooters. I should not have done this but I pulled back the little plugs in the rapid rooters to look and all 5 of the Bonzaseeds.com seeds have tap roots. Cheers to Bonza for fast service and viable seeds! The bag seed Kush Cleanser looks like a dud. I've added a Hydrofarm soil temp monitor and put its guage in its own Rapid Rooter and set it to 79 degrees and plugged the reptile heating pad into into it. The heating pad is only under the rapid rooters. For now this is in the 2X4 veg tent then they will move to the 4X4 for flower eventually.
og_1a.JPG

og_1b.JPG

og_1c.JPG

tent50.JPG

The Rapid Rooters suck! I will never use them again.

The NY Diesel is dead after it sprouted. The Kush Cleanser was a dud. I do have 4 that are breaking ground; Hindu Kush, Lemon Kush, Great White Shark, and Diamond Girl are survivors.

I tossed the NYD and Kush Cleanser.

Great White Shark, Diamond Girl, Lemon Kush, and Hindu Kush are all above ground and have been transplanted along with the 4 OG clones. I've lowered the light to about 3 inches above the tallest top. Everything is looking good. Happy growing everyone!

Game of Thrones tomorrow night, hell yeayuh!

Clones would not be feeding turning yellow so bad if you would mist your dome once a day.

I transplanted the clones along with the seedlings into some FFOF soil. The clones had some decent roots on them and was careful as I could be with them. The seedlings also had their tap root shooting out of the bottom of each of the Rapid Rooters. It sucks because their tips were already browned from hitting air outside the Rapid Rooter.
IMG_27517.JPG

The fastest grower is the Hindu Kush
IMG_27537.JPG

There is one OG clone that has a vibrant looking top and the slightest bit of growth is noticeable. The 4 seeds are still growing and I can just barely make out the 2nd set of rough edged leaves starting to form.

I'm really excited to be trying a variety on this grow. I produced too much on my last grow and I don't want so much weed ( I never want to trim for 13 hours straight ever again). I only want the highest quality tops. I will be forcing flower way earlier this time as I want 6 plants to fit with room around them. I've learned so much on my last grow. I hope to produce higher quality nugs every time I grow.

I produced too much on my last grow and I don't want so much weed

Ya, that's a real drag....

My wife guarantees I will never have that particular problem.

:icon_roll

Strains- Hindu Kush, Lemon Kush, OG Kush, Diamond Girl, Great White Shark
I like indica and indica dominant hybrids
Currently in Veg state
I'll veg for about a month. I want about 5 internodes per plant before I flip
Currently these are in a 2X4 tent under a 4 foot 4 lamp T5
Fox Farms Ocean Forest straight out of the bag
I employ the K.I.S.S method as much as possible
These will eventually go into 5 gallon fabric pots
one oscillating fan in the veg tent
I have them on top of reptile heating pads due to cold nights
Temp stays about 75 degrees
No pests, if their ever are I call for complete genocide of them.
No ferts used yet
I have 8 plants right now and will cut down to 6 when moving to flower tent.
I hope to yield about 2 ounces per plant
I will top, crop, and LST to maintain an even canopy

I should've posted this first but hopefully it makes the front page.

I'm really excited to be trying these strains

i think, seeds not need rapid rooters :)
and be careful with putting into a glass of water. seeds need oxigen too...
better to use lightly watered paper towels. if you see the seeds cover is cracking, put it into soil or whatever medium you use.
zDSC00690.jpg

The Rapid Rooters suck! I will never use them again.

The NY Diesel is dead after it sprouted. The Kush Cleanser was a dud. I do have 4 that are breaking ground; Hindu Kush, Lemon Kush, Great White Shark, and Diamond Girl are survivors.

I tossed the NYD and Kush Cleanser.

i think, seeds not need rapid rooters :)
and be careful with putting into a glass of water. seeds need oxigen too...
better to use lightly watered paper towels. if you see the seeds cover is cracking, put it into soil or whatever medium you use.
zDSC00690.jpg

Water, H2O, has oxygen in it.

The paper towel method breeds mold in my experience.

Looking good dude those clones got a little shitty because I had left the cloner unplugged for like 8 hours on accident.They will recover fine and produce some good chronic!

Looking good dude those clones got a little shitty because I had left the cloner unplugged for like 8 hours on accident.They will recover fine and produce some good chronic!

Hell yeah! They're looking better already. I put them into some FFOF and added some mycorrhizae. What is interesting is I picked the best two and put them into the black plastic pots as I was planning on keeping just those two. I put the other two that werent looking as great into terracotta pots which was all I had. The terracotta pots dry out the soil way faster and those two girls are actually looking the best now.

Day 10
I am really enjoying seeing my 4 different seedlings grow. Check out the one tri pointed leaf on the Great White Shark. It should be three fingered but they are all connected so it is a three pointed single blade leaf. I have a feeling I will need to top and train the crap out of the Hindu Kush and the OG Kush.

Day1014.JPG

Day10GWS.JPG

Day10DG.JPG

Day10LK.JPG

Day10Hindu.JPG

Day10Ogs.JPG

Back
Top Bottom