Lush Led vs Advanced Led Featuring Ace of Spades

ronnie6690

welcome all here at :420:

This is my fourth journal here at :420: and I can't thank you all enough for the opportunity to share, grow , and learn :thanks:

For my fourth journal I would like to do a Lush led vs Advanced Led grow off.

I have converted the closet in my grow room into a veg / clone area by adding a hydrofarm 6 inch exhaust fan to ceiling in closet and venting it into the room. I also added a 2'x4' flood table tray inside the floor of the closet. I then used strips of dark room curtain to seal light around door edges.

I popped a 5 pack of Ace of Spades. all seeds germinated and grew healthy plants. grew all plants till they showed sex . 3 males and 2 females. got rid of the males . took four cuts from each female and put them in my DIY aero cloner 3 days ago, I will take the best two from each pheno to put in the system.

my hydro system is a DIY aerocurrent system.
2 rainforest 66 aeroponics units piped together with 2" pvc pipe, a 27 gal epicenter, 17 gal top off res, 550 gph recirculating pump, 1/10hp water chiller, blu lab guardian combo meter. system holds 45 gals normal run level but this is adjustable , max water level 55 gals.

now to the focus of this journal the lighting

1 Lush led dominator 2x 435w

1 Advanced led DS350XML 330w, 1 Advanced led DS100 100w total 430w

I have added a light divider between the two rainforests to separate the lights

the main difference between these lights is spectrum, Lush led panels are heavy on the blue spectrum and light on the red almost the photo negative to Advanced led's heavy red , light on blue.

the DS350XML has 10 ten watt cree white diodes other than that all panels use HP 3W diodes

I just installed a new one ton window unit, upping my capacity by 4000 btuh .

I will be using Heavy 16 veg base with heavy prime, calimagic, great white in veg. and will switch to Currentcultures bloom base , bloom boost, roots.

closet veg area

DSCF06933.JPG

exhust fan

DSCF06943.JPG

pheno #1

DSCF06923.JPG

pheno #2

DSCF06902.JPG

cuts in aero cloner , pheno#1 on right #2 left

DSCF06912.JPG

in the red corner Advanced Led

DSCF06961.JPG

DSCF06971.JPG

in the blue corner Lush Led

DSCF06982.JPG

DSCF07002.JPG

DSCF06993.JPG

I just want to add the both the dominator and the DS350XML are new , both less that 300 hrs use.

questions and comments are always welcome in my journals.

this might be a little early to start this but what a better day to start than 4/20 :Namaste:

Re: Lush Led vs Advanced Led featuring TGA's Ace of Spades

Subbed for sure! Im just about to go LED with the BM 1200-XG so very interested in comparisons with LED!!

glad to have you along for the ride :)

Subb'd been waiting for this thanks ronnie6690

your welcome :) the difference in spectrums of these panels should make this very interesting.

Subscribed. Thank you for the invite!

very glad to have you along for the ride.

I would love to see how this turns out

should be interesting, and answer some important questions. thanks for subbing up

Interested in the outcome of this face off...thanks for the invite. Ace of Spades is a pretty nice strain from SubCool. May have to grow it out again one of these years...:thumb:

Best of luck with the grow...:popcorn:

I'm in. This is gonna be great! Never too early to start a journal. I think my second grow journal had 7 pages before the grow got started :) Beautiful mamas!

Yo Ronnie!,
glad to see ya and thanks for the invite!
Super glad to see you comparing the two as I REALLY want to try my hand at a LUSH, I'm saving my pennies right now for one but it will be a bit.
So I've noticed theres a huge difference in the plants? Whats different? This is going to be a lot different than two or three grows ago, looks like your close to being dialed in or is it different genes?
Ill have to read up and figure it out myself lol.
Great to see you doing so well
C-Ya soon my friend

Yo Ronnie!,
glad to see ya and thanks for the invite!
Super glad to see you comparing the two as I REALLY want to try my hand at a LUSH, I'm saving my pennies right now for one but it will be a bit.
So I've noticed theres a huge difference in the plants? Whats different? This is going to be a lot different than two or three grows ago, looks like your close to being dialed in or is it different genes?
Ill have to read up and figure it out myself lol.
Great to see you doing so well
C-Ya soon my friend

hey sling glad you could make it, both mothers are TGA ace of spades, one pheno is a little taller and more space between nodes than the other , so far not much different.
thanks for stopping by

Can we get some pics of the clones roots or lack there of please?

just took the cuts three days ago so no roots yet but i'll shoot some of the stems later :)

And how long are you gonna let the roots get before you decide which ones you will choose?

gonna play that by ear , want enough roots going that I'm sure they will take off in the main system.

Ronnie I looked more closely at the pics, looks like your mothers are in airpots? and what is your method of growing them? medium/ferts?They look VERY healthy.

yeah going to transplant into 8 gal air pots in a couple days(in 3gals airpots now). I used happy frog and added more perlite and Ancient forest. I'm using calimagic, heavy 16 veg base, heavy prime , ro water as well as great white .

thanks to everyone for subbing up. :)

Thanks for the invite. Wanna see what`s gonna between the two. I use Advanced LED`s. Should be a good grow off. Just gonna find a place in the back and burn one or two.

Back
Top Bottom