Green Closet's First LED Soil Grow - Blue Dream - Sour Diesel - God Bud

Green Closet

Hey, I've been creeping around on here for awhile absorbing knowledge. I wasn't going to start a journal at first but I figure it will benefit my grow because I know I've made mistakes along the way. I'm currently growing some bag seed they are either blue dream, sour diesel, god bud, or possibly one or two other strains. (The seeds got all mixed up in the bag) either way I know they are going to be something good. :thumb: this communities awesome and I'm glad to finally be joining the ranks. :high-five:

What strain is it? Blue dream, sour diesel, god bud?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Not sure
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 45 days today
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Fox farms ocean forest
If soil... What size pot? Three gallon
Size of light? 300 w reflector from top led, and 135 w light house hydro black star
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? Not sure
RH of Room/cab? Not sure
PH of media or res? 6.3 - 6.7 about
Any Pests ? Not that I know of
How often are you watering? Whenever the soil drys out, around 4-5 days
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox farms grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom. I've only fertilized twice earlier on. And stopped because I feared the soil was too hot. I'm going to be fertilizing again on my next watering.

Okay so I'll try to get you all caught up to where I'm at currently. I'm growing in a closet so I have no air cooling method right now, also I can't cut holes In the walls or Anything cause I'm a renter. When it feels like it's getting hot in there I'll leave the door cracked a little. I need to get a thermometer/hygrometer I know.. It's on the list..

Germinated the seeds in wet paper towels. They popped around 3 days later on March 6th and I planted them in 4 inch pots and put them under the 135 w lighthouse hydro black star. Three days later the first seedling broke the soil.
The next day which was March 10th the rest broke through.
On march 17th I transplanted them all to 5x5 containers that I got from a hydro shop like an hour away.

Re: Green Closet's first LED soil grow - blue dream, sour diesel, god bud?

I'm trying to post some photos, I'm using an ipad 2, I click on the camera icon and it takes me to my gallery, but then there is no way for me to select any pictures, and then when I click on a picture it takes me back to the main forum page... ??? Any help would be appreciated, maybe I just can't use an iPad 2 to post photos..

Picture time, these are all day 11 from the time that the germinated seeds were planted in the soil.
image8685.jpg
image8684.jpg
image8683.jpg
image8682.jpg
image8681.jpg

Here we are at day 39. And I transplanted the girls (hopefully girls!) into their 3 gallon pots. During transplanting they seemed a little root bound which I think may have stunted their growth a little bit. Hopefully they bounce back with the added room.
image9562.jpg
image9563.jpg
image9564.jpg
image9565.jpg

Yesterday I didn't work, so I took a trip to the hydro shop to get some goodies, woo! :yahoo: I can only go every now and then because it's an hour away which sucks. But I got some more nutrients and some mylar for my walls. I got cal mag to hopefully fix this twisted leaf situation, as well as fox farms bushmaster kangaroots, microbe brew and sledgehammer flush. I also picked up some unsulfered molasses, I couldnt find blackstrap for some reason, but i read unsulfered will do. I mixed up a pretty intense batch of nutrient water ph'd to 6.5 because I haven't given them nutes for well over a month. Hopefully it isn't too much for them. This is them today after the intense feeding yesterday. Theyre looking pretty happy! :thumb: I also realise that the purple glow from my LEDs in all the pics is probably annoying and makes it hard to see the plants so I'll be sure to take photos under florescent lightening from now on.
image9623.jpg
image9622.jpg
image9621.jpg

Subscribed. Lets see what you got going on here.

Alright. Well I wrote down some things so here you go.

You need to get some kind of thermostat
You need a oscilating fan or at the very least a desk fan
Your light looks to high in the pictures

Fox farm happy frog is more for seedlings and ocean forrest is for adult plants. What I do is mix both happy frog and ocean forest.
The top is happy frog since thats where the seedling will be sprouting from and the roots will be while the plant is still young.
The middle is perlite to help the roots form a rootball. The bottom is ocean forest since the polants roots will reach that deep
layer only when the plant is old enough to do so.

Plants that are rootbound only for a short time will bounce back once the roots go to realize they can go deeper in search of
more water.

Your plants have a nice low profile which I love. You did a great job with the lst.

Your plants will benefit from the mylar.

:popcorn:

That's fine. I think the bottom limit for me would be 12 inches at full power. I have also read that LED's need a certain amount of distance for the wavelengths to effectively combine also. 12 inches seems reasonable, I would never run it that close to seedlings on full power myself, but budding plants sure, I did it last grow and they were fine.

Yes I go 12-18 inches with my led but I also angle it so that it hits more plants that way.

Alright. Well I wrote down some things so here you go.

You need to get some kind of thermostat
You need a oscilating fan or at the very least a desk fan
Your light looks to high in the pictures

Fox farm happy frog is more for seedlings and ocean forrest is for adult plants. What I do is mix both happy frog and ocean forest.
The top is happy frog since thats where the seedling will be sprouting from and the roots will be while the plant is still young.
The middle is perlite to help the roots form a rootball. The bottom is ocean forest since the polants roots will reach that deep
layer only when the plant is old enough to do so.

Plants that are rootbound only for a short time will bounce back once the roots go to realize they can go deeper in search of
more water.

Your plants have a nice low profile which I love. You did a great job with the lst.

Your plants will benefit from the mylar.

Thanks! Its the first time ive lst'ed. Although it turned out okay this time around, I'm gonna try to it a little differently my next grow.

Yeah experimenting is fun. Personally I encourage it. Alot of growers wont try different things. They tried what works and thats ok thats a fine way to grow. I like to try what hasnt been tried sometimes you win and sometimes you lose but you are always learning. To me thats more then half of the fun.

Back
Top Bottom