The Seattle Cheebahawk Nest - 6000W Sealed Room

farnorth

Hello everyone!
I'm back to document another grow! Start to finish, details about equipment, nutrients, techniques and more will be covered. This is a fully sealed air conditioned "box within a box", 6k garden.
This is a scrog grow in coco with 100% advanced nutrients, their full grandmaster line.
Enjoy!
Ps apologies about the photos being tilted. If a mod could rotate them thanks!

This is a medical garden and follows all state guidelines and rules.

the build
The frame was built with simple osb and 2"x4". Because of space restrictions of the A frame roofing, the garden structure is just big enough for an isle, two rows of trays, and bare essentials. With enough room on the outside of the garden for ballasts, resi, tools, shelving, etc.
The space is 12'6"L x 8'W x 7'H. One 24" isle running the length of the room and two 3'x12' tray rows
taping out first
image9591.jpg

Floor and skeleton next
image9592.jpg

Once dimensions were set and floor and frame up came the sealing part.
Every seam was caulked and then followed by spray foam. Foam was cut and the whole room painted with latex paint. A hose line for each tray row is caulked and spray foamed into place for drainage. foam wrapped, caulked and sprayed is hoe I sealed electric holes. The door was custom cut and is double weather stripped.
Because the garden is already inside of a insulated room, insulation was not added to the outside of the garden.
the door
image9594.jpg

weather sealing on door
image9593.jpg

paint and sealant
image9595.jpg

equipment
lighting
6 agrotech magnum reflectors. They are simple non air cooled hoods. They are aluminum to disperse heat better as well as lighten the weight.
Eye Hortilux 1000w hps bulbs are used for flowering, and two sun system 1000w mh bulbs for veg.
image9599.jpg

1000w dimmable Nanolux ballasts are mounted outside the room to reduce heat. They are wired with 240v outlets plugged into a custom electric board. A 40 amp sub panel gives juice to the lights. The sub panel runs two 20amp breakers wired to an industrial dial timer then daisy chains to 6 240v outlets. One 20amp breaker for each 3 outlets.
image9596.jpg

image9597.jpg

air/ventilation
As the room is sealed, air cooling lights is not an option. An Ideal Air 24k btu ductless mini split with a heat pump is used for maintaining temperature as well as helping with airflow and dehumidifying.
In such a small area and with a sealed room 24k is more than enough for 6k watts especially with minimal other heat sources in the room. ( water, excess fans, ballasts, etc.)
image9601.jpg

Co2 is managed by tanks, regulator and a basic co2 controller. An upgrade in this department is in the near future.
image9598.jpg

For smell a 1000cfm Can fan is attached to an 8" Vortex fan. No air exchange is done simply scrubbing the air in the room. It is set up so it pulls air in from the opposite side of the room than the a/c so it created a circle of air movement. No stagnant air here.
Also two 12" Air King oscillating fans are at the ends of each tray row.
image9600.jpg

nutrients and medium
Currently plants are being lst trained in solo cups but will wind up in 3 gallon smart pots.
Coco loco is the growing medium. In the previous garden roots organics coco was used however coco loco tends to hold a little more water and is loaded with beneficials.
image9608.jpg

The full grandmaster line of Advanced nutrients will be used. This is a drain to waste system with a 25 gallon resi.
veg
Ph perfect sensi grow a+b
B-52
Voodoo juice

flower
Ph perfect sensi bloom a+b
Big bud
Overdrive
Bud candy
Bud ignitor
Bud factor x
Sensizym
Rhino skin
B52
Voodoo juice
Final phase
Tarantula
Pirhana
Nirvana
image9609.jpg

where the garden is currently
plants
There are two strains in this garden.
Nightterror OG
Deadhead OG
All the plants were topped today as well as started early training getting ready for the scrog which will come in one week. The plants are currently 5 days from rooted clone and are blasting.
Lst prior to a screen is a extremely effective way to shorten veg time as well as create a nice even plant before even going under the screen.
image9605.jpg

image9606.jpg

image9607.jpg

Enjoy everyone! Here's some full garden pics
image9603.jpg

image9604.jpg

Thanks people!

Let's talk about advanced briefly...
This will be the second round using the stuff. Prior to AN a custom mix was used of
Cutting edge solution 3 part.
GH calmag
Botanicare silica blast
GH diamond nectar
House and garden amino treatment
House and garden roots excelurator
House and garden algen extract
Atami bloombastic
Cutting edge sour d
This mix was slightly cheaper however the ph perfect marketing backed with the product actually working helped to switch the product line from a custom blend to AN.
After the first round with AN, the yield was slightly higher, and ganja was quality, however what the main sell point is the ease of use.
A lot of journals and conversations are out there talking about AN being a waste of money, too many bottles, Etc. The biggest issue with people comparing nutrient lines is that without running the ENtIRE line, together, how can a true judgement be made.
Hopefully this thread will help straighten some thoughts out about AN...
Definitely not bashing on any other product here as the custom mix previously ran was a gangbang of different companies, AN is just what is being ran currently and here is why.
There are tons of bottles yes, and the initial price tag for each bottle is high, also yes. But there are only 3 additives that are ran throughout the entire grow. The rest of the bottles are only used for 2-4 weeks through flower. Even a moderate size garden can make a 500ml Bottle last the entire cycle.
The ratios are also very simple. The only thing that changes are the dates certain bottles are added. The ratio stays the same the entire grow. 2 parts base to 1 part additive. Always.
There is a lot of confusion as well with the ph perfect... It does not correct your ph to perfect level. How would a nutrient know if you were running hydro or soil? It can't. It simply makes the nutrients available in a hUge range of ph. This is a huge benefit because each nutrients optimal ph level is different. For example nitrogen likes a higher ph even in hydro 63-6.5, where Phosphorus likes a lower range 5.5-6.0. With ph ranges different for each how can you find the perfect ph? Open the gates so each nutrient gets exactly the range it needs. That's how.
But it doesn't end there. The ph perfect also stays in the root zone. By chelating the nutrients so the ph range is much wider once watered the mix stays at work in the root zone preventing ph fluxes and keeping everything nice and orderly. When faced with an issue the ph part of the problem Can essentially be eliminated and attention can be focused on other problems, bugs, burn, root problems, etc.

Expensive? A tiny bit more, the entire grandmaster line is roughly 10% more expensive than the custom line ran in previous grows.
Gimmicky? Definitely. But are cute drawings on bottles truly going to prevent someone from using a quality product that truly works?
Quality? YES! Yields increase slightly, plant health is on point without scratching your head trying to diagnose a problem. Is it ph? Deficiency? Burn?

Sorry for ranting slightly. Just felt the need to bring up AN as I see so many nonsense threads on other forums filled with mostly hear say, or people claiming one thing after not even trying enough of the line to make those assumptions.

Realized there was not a true description of what is going to happen with this grow...
The plants were started from clone and transplanted on the 16th of April.
They are in solo cups to develop a healthy root base before transplanting into 3 gallon pots. Developing a strong root base in a ladder style has been found to be better than putting rooted clones directly into large pots where over/under watering can become an issue.
They will be in solo cups for at least 8 days and then into 3 gal for the rest of veg.
There will be a screen added once they are in 3 gallon pots. But to start then on the right foot LST is being used as well as topping. This is done to create bushes prior to going into a screen, where if they are too tall and lanky will create uneven canopy holes.

There will be 5 plants a tray, 10 per row, 20 total. This comes out to 3 1/3 plants per light to keep plant numbers low and to harvest large plants instead of many small plants.

So the only thing you can do that I found is either always take the pic with the mobile horizontal or edit your photo on your phone to be less tall. I'm terrible with computers and was having the same problem. Your room is sick man and those plants look stoked!
Thanks!
Yeah I will try that for sure!
Yeah they are coming back! You can see the left overs of some lack of attention as the room was being built. They didn't get the love they need but with the new home they will be back on track soon.

Hey everyone! Time for daily update!
Today is day 7 from being transplanted into solo cups.
Currently they are getting watered every day- love coco- with this

Sensi bloom coco A 4ml/gal
Sensi bloom coco B 4ml/gal
B-52 2ml/gal
Voodoo juice 2ml/gal
And are absolutely blasting right now!

I tied everything down again today as well and also topped everything again.
image9661.jpg
image9664.jpg
image9663.jpg
image9657.jpg

night terror OG
These are definitely taking off. No issues here. Seems I have two phenos of this strain. One Lanier with longer nose length and a very stocky.
image9660.jpg

image9658.jpg

deadhead OG
A slower indica heavy strain. Slow going but ridiculously healthy.
image9665.jpg
image9666.jpg

And of coarse gotta have the temps and eh under control
image9659.jpg

Tonight going to set up the trellis netting for the scrog. Stay tuned!

Coffeeholic!! Thanks for stopping by. But unfortunately I hate your name right now because it reminds me of the lack of coffee I have in my house! Now I have to leave to get some!!!

These are a first round of cuts from fresh seeds.
I have never smoked any or even seen any until now.
Blue dream is by far one if the best strains around however the flood of BD makes it undesirable to patients just because everyone wants something different. The yield on dream is amazing and the quality truly top notch. In theory the OG in it will boost the wow factor a little bit.

Taking the Blue Dream genetics and crossing it with RD#1 OG gives one an experience of a nice full-body high from the Og side, but with a cerebral experience from the little sativa influence left in it. Being a hybrid, you get the best of both worlds with this strain. The effect is instant, long lasting, with that classic OG lift. The hit starts with a lite, ever so lite, blueberry/fruity inhale, with the Classic OG Kush on the exhale. A little stretchy, high yielding, denser bud structure.

Medical Uses: Pain relief, insomnia, chemotherapy, Gastrointestinal Issues, AIDS, Glaucoma, PTSD

Lineage: Blue Dream X Rare Dankness #1

60-70 Days flower time.

Indica/Sativa % : 70/30

As far as deadhead goes this is a strain that I am more familiar with outdoors than in. So well see
Kush strains of varying degrees of pedigree are flooding the market these days but few have the long-lasting power of real deal OG. One version that certainly doesn’t fall into the watered-down category is the Dead Head OG from The Cali Connection. Breeder Swerve sprinkled his male San Fernando Valley OG Kush pollen onto a female Chemdog ’91 cut to produce seeds of the finest order.

Crack open a greasy nugget of Dead Head OG and an intense lemon and fuel odor emanates throughout the room. Fire it up and marvel at the accompanying buzz, felt in the head and body for several hours both introspective and giggly. The yields are quite reasonable for the relatively short flowering time.

Lineage: Chemdog 91 (aka the Skunk VA cut) x SFV OGK F4

Flowering time: 56 days

Lol, yeah - Coffee ..a must have :)

Thanks for the intro on these strains. Looking forward to follow and learning from your grow for sure. Best of luck mate!

Just got done with chores for the evening so here is the update!
Today I transplanted everything into 3 gal smart pots. I used coco loco and again fed with
Sensi grow a+B 4ml/gal each
Voodoo juice and b-52 2ml/gal each
I like the coco loco so far I had heard it was a bit hot but doesn't seem to be the case yet in the solo cups anyway.
It's a bit chunky but one bag will fill just under 4 3 gal pots, so the value is there.

Also turned on all 6 lights for the ladies at 75% power for the next day until they get used to the light. Unfortunately I only have 2 mh bulbs so they will have to share until flower when they will be switched out for all hps. Temps and humidity are staying great as well.
image9702.jpg
image9697.jpg

There are 6 plants per tray except for the deadhead which are smaller so there are 8 plants on that tray. And the trellis is going in tomorrow.

Here's the deadhead
image9700.jpg
image9701.jpg

The night terror OG
image9698.jpg
image9699.jpg

Pretty excited how this garden has come together
image9703.jpg
image9704.jpg

Pretty excited how this garden has come together

Yes, it's awsome. A dream setup for sure!
I'm also really interested in finding out how the scrubber will do in flower. If this will be enough or if you would need something extra on the outside for the "tent". It's huge so im guessing it will be sufficient. You probably know how it will do already, but I am so new to this so for me its's really interesting.

Yes, it's awsome. A dream setup for sure!
I'm also really interested in finding out how the scrubber will do in flower. If this will be enough or if you would need something extra on the outside for the "tent". It's huge so im guessing it will be sufficient. You probably know how it will do already, but I am so new to this so for me its's really interesting.

Yeah another willbe added for drying as it won't be dried in the garden,But this one should do it. It scrubs the volume of air + 160 something every minute! But well see!! Can't ever be fully sure until it works or not ha

Back
Top Bottom