New to Site - 14 Strains Under 2000 Watts in a 5x10 Tent

Keegan420

Hello 420Mag, im a legal medical patient in the beautiful PNW. This will be my second solo grow, so please feel free to throw some suggestions, questions, concerns or whatever, I'm all ears! Some info about the grow, I am using a 5x10 mylar tent with 2x 1000 watt HIDs and a 440cfm inline that sucks hot air out the window. I also have 2x 16in ocilating fans in opposite sides of the tent I have my prescription of 15 plants and i have my roommates 3 plants in there too to fill some extra space. Im doing 3 rows of 6 in 5 gallon pots.

Growing in soil: 1 part ffof, 1 part happy frog, 1 part perlite, 2 parts pro-mix.

Nutrients: Techna Flora Full line of BC nutes and additives + AN Bud Candy (looking for something else for end of flower,,, maybe overdrive) Any suggestions?

Strains are as follows:
White Widow
White Elephant
Pineapple Kush
Raspberry Kush
2x Cinex (C99, Vortex)
2x Ace of Spades (TGA)
Dutch Treat
2x Blackberry
2x Blueberry
Platinum Blackberry Kush
Platinum Girl Scout Cookie
Lemon Cheesequake
Grape Stomper
Dirty Girl

Room Temps 74-84 Lights on/ 65-70 lights off

April 1st, 2014
Picked up 18 clones and transplanted them into 1 gal pots

April 6th
FIMed majority of crop

April 10th
Super cropped my dutch treat because it was getting way too tall
April 20th
Transplanted into 5 gal pots

April 23rd
Switched to 12/12 hps

April 29th
Lollipopped entire crop 5-8 inches above the lip of pot (never done this before)

A quick tour around the room, these videos were taken on May 6th.

[video=youtube;kMTMQ-JLtYo]
[/video]

[video=youtube;cBd-_NETOPM]
[/video]

Pictures from May 10th - Day 18 Flower:

image-221.jpeg

image-192.jpeg

image-202.jpeg

image-214.jpeg

image-163.jpeg

image-173.jpeg

image-182.jpeg

image-153.jpeg

Will post some more pics later in the week, just watered last night. ppm: 1300

Sweet intro. I like the 5'x10' tents. There is a few good boost nutes for flower stage. I like Mad Farmer's M.O.A.B.

Sweet intro. I like the 5'x10' tents. There is a few good boost nutes for flower stage. I like Mad Farmer's M.O.A.B.

Thanks,, I'm liking mine too, tons of space. I could probably do 24 plants in here scrog style eventually.. That MOAB stuff looks pretty crazy, I don't think ive ever seen a 0-52-32 NPK nute before! haha

I just realized coincidentally that I was cruising through your r.d.w.c build thread a couple days ago. I read pretty much the whole thing, nice videos!

day 22:
Battling a bit of a heat wave here in Seattle today, it was lower-mid 80s yesterday and today and my grow has been effected. Temps are 85-89 degrees since this morning and my house doesn't have ac. Im a dumbass and have my light on hours from 12pm-12am so my lights are on throughtout the heat of the day; im not gonna fuck up the light schedule to fix it tho. I've never had to deal with heat problems before so hopefully this wont hurt them too much? If it turns out to be a hot summer I may need to adjust, maybe a small ac unit. The room my tent is in is 9.5x13 feet so i would just cool the entire room. Anyone know where to get them cheap?

The good news, starting to get that pungent sweet stank leaking out of my grow and into my house so that means its time to bust out the carbon filter!

Sup guys and gals, its day 29 today and I've just fed the girls with nutrients at 1400ppm. Haven't gone this high yet this grow so hoping for the best. These girls are thirsty as hell too, took 18 gallons of water for all of them! I need a bigger reservoir lol. Took a video this morning which is below. I'm really happy with my canopy this time. I thought I was gonna run into problems with that many plants and a large variety of strains but it worked out good. Thinking about starting up a perpetual system here within the next month. Ive got a 5x5 tent that I wanna use for a veg with maybe a 600watt hid or maybe some sort of LED or flouro system.. Then I can harvest every month or so. Anyways, that's all for today. :Namaste:

Ive been seeing some gnats flying around and possibly a few spider mite eggs on one of my girls. I got a pyrethrin fogger from the grow store. Ive tried neem oil and sm90 before but they seemed to bounce back from that. I just popped the fogger and I turned my oscillating and inline fans off for a couple hours to let em soak in it. Anyone have a tried and true method that works for full eradication?

Day 41 Update Re: New to site! 14 strains under 2000watts in a 5x10 tent

Hello, its been a little over a week since the last update so i wanted to show you guys my progress. It is now the start of week 7. Ive been sticking to the FEED,FEED,FLUSH watering cycle this grow and it has been working really well, my plants are diggin it. A little bad news, i took a good look at the dutch treat top cola today which is only like 6 inches away from my 1k light and it got some heat burn, top of it is turning a light brown color. *pictures below*. I decided to just tie it over to get it farther away from the light. Other than that I'm feeling pretty good about this grow. Not sure what I'm gonna yield, but for shits and giggles ill guess 2-3 pounds dried&cured.

Super frosty Platinum Girl Scout Cookie
PGSC2.jpeg
PGSC1.jpeg

Grape Stomper
GrapeStomper.jpeg

Dirty Girl
DirtyGirl.jpeg
dirtygirl_underside.jpeg

Blackberry
Blackberry1.jpeg

Blueberry
Blueberry1.jpeg

Cinex
Cinex1.jpeg

Pineapple Kush
pineapple_kush.jpeg
pineapplekushcloseup.jpeg

Dutch Treat
dutchtreat.jpeg
heat_burned_cola_dutch_treat.jpeg
Dutch_Treat.jpeg

Group shots
group.jpeg
group1.jpeg
group_pic.jpeg

Looking good man. Don't know why you don't have more people following or commenting. You get you gnat / spider mite issue solved? Plants look hella good though. Keep it green

I've actually been thinking the same thing.. Bugs are gone. Gonna do another bug bomb tomorrow just to make sure though. Thank you for your kind words.

Wow! Amazing! I'm sitting at the front row for this one!

Have you looked into some of the training methods?

Thanks, and good to hear Rob, the more the merrier! Ive been experimenting with a couple training methods. If you take a look at my dutch treat pics you can see three colas that are taller than the rest of the canopy. That is my dutch treat that i super cropped. I fimmed the blackberry, blueberry, raspberry kush, and topped the pineapple kush, ace of spades and grape stomper. I plan on doing low stress training on the entire crop next time.

I've actually been thinking the same thing.. Bugs are gone. Gonna do another bug bomb tomorrow just to make sure though. Thank you for your kind words.

Thanks, and good to hear Rob, the more the merrier! Ive been experimenting with a couple training methods. If you take a look at my dutch treat pics you can see three colas that are taller than the rest of the canopy. That is my dutch treat that i super cropped. I fimmed the blackberry, blueberry, raspberry kush, and topped the pineapple kush, ace of spades and grape stomper. I plan on doing low stress training on the entire crop next time.

Good plans my friend can't wait for this growth to finish and you start the next! Big Thumbs up!!! :bravo:

Looks good man. And glad to hear you squared away your bug issues.

Thanks! Just poked my head into your new grow, looking good as well! Its getting me all excited for my next one! I need to get going on my veg tent, still looking for a flourecent/or led veg light but i don't wanna drop stacks.. Im all ears if anyone wants to chime in

Quick update, I got my 5x5 tent setup for my veg room. Went out and bought a little 125watt fluorescent fixture, hopefully this will be enough lumens! Gonna go clone shopping tomorrow, then ill officially be perpetual :thumb:

photo_1-23.JPG

photo_2-22.JPG

photo_3-23.JPG
photo_4272.JPG

That should be good for veg but shit I like my T5 panels. You could get a 4' 8 tube 4xx watt T5 for around $3-400. And it would be more than enough

3-400 seems steep for a t5? I think i saw a 4' 8 panel t5 for like 180$ at the store, but i didn't wanna spend that much. I got that flouro for 50$. I might have to get something else tho.. time will tell

Ok so another quick update on the veg tent,, went to the clone store today and picked up some sweet strains. Clones are about 4-5 inches tall. Lowered the light to about a foot and a half above the canopy. I have a 16in floor fan in the corner on low speed.

New strain list:

Mendocino Purps
Headband
Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies
Cinex - c99xOG kush
Cantaloupe Kush
2x Black '84
3x Tahoe OG Kush
Ace of Spades
Dirty Girl
XJ-13 - Jack Herer x G-13 which is one of my favorite strains ever
Pineapple Express