If soil... What size pot? 16 Oz ?
Size of light? 48x3w TopLedGrowLights panel with Bloom and Flower switches
Temp of Room/cab? 25C / 77F - 26C / 79F
RH of Room/cab? 45% to 55%
PH of media or res? Between 6 and 7
How often are you watering? When she requires, don't have schedule
Type and strength of ferts used? She still uses the ones from compost

History

She is one month old as of today, sprouted on 4th of May.
When I started it wasn't meant to be anything serious and I had no budged planned for her, just to see what happens, so I put her under a window in the sunniest place of my apartment and Left there to grow but in time she Grew on me (I love this pun xD)
DSC_04004.JPG

And after few days troubles started:
1st She got heat stressed, burnt her top in full sun under a window because I had no fan on her and window was closed all the time so I had to pinch her top off prematurely, above her 2nd set of leaves.
2nd There was low humidity issues and her leaves started canoeing, from what I read.
3rd Two times in a row I under-watered her so her 1st three blade leaves were struggling to take full healthy thee blade look and got deformed. They still look deformed a little.
4th Sunny days ended, she didn't get enough light and stretched quite a bit, so I had to move her to a kitchen under 2x20w 3200k t4 CFLs and added cheap USB mini fan
DSC_06775.JPG

5th I over-watered her quite a bit to the point where here new growth started to curl under and she almost drowned. That's where I re potted her to the same size pot and same dry compost and let her recover.

After a while under t4's I flipped her to flower but I still didn't have timer, so I manually put her in darkness every evening 6.30pm and 6.30am take her out under the light in kitchen and sometimes I missed by couple of minutes so the light/dark was a little bit inconsistent.

Then yesterday on 3rd of June I received my LED Panel and Tent and moved here there 3 hours before dark cycle. I'm still missing few components for a full set-up, like intake and out-take fans and timer and proper fertilisers.
DSC_06994.JPG

DSC_07005.JPG

Then there is a little comparison for, before and after LEDs

This is right before exposing her to LEDs
DSC_06976.JPG

And this is after: 3 hours lights on > 12 hours lights off > 6 hours lights on
DSC_07023.JPG
DSC_07032.JPG

Present

6th issue that emerged today was a slight nutrient burn due to the fact that my soil is too ''hot''. At least I think it's because of it. Let me explain my train of thought, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
On the bag of my compost it's states that there are enough nutrients to last the plant for 4 months and my lady didn't get burnt before under t4 CFLs because the growth was so slow that she didn't get the chance to absorb too many of the nutes and as soon as I put her under LEDs her growth exploded and so did water and nute intake and rushed her in burning her self. So today I flushed her and when she is dry again, I will flush again and flush till she starts to show nutrient deficiency, by that time I will buy decent nutrients for her.

And at the end
After all that abuse and stress she has taken from me she takes it like a boss and looks healthy. But I fear that she might hermie on me from all that stress, fingers crossed it doesn't happen, only time will tell.
Also, 3 hours after being exposed to new lights a slight odour starts to appear in the apartment, but it had absolutely no smell from her under CFLs. Just waiting for funds to buy extraction fan with a filter. Smell is not a problem for me at the moment as this is not stealth ninja covert operation grow and a slight smell nobody will notice. If it gets worse, they sell here Ona Block type of gels for odour block and it costs pocket change.

Thank you for reading through, if anyone xD, my intro post and I will keep you, if any one xD, posted.

As a note - through this grow I did not keep a log with notes what I did, when I did and how I did.

Peace :peace:

re: I Think I Broke My Bagseed - Grow Journal - 2014

You should be imprisoned in chains for maltreating that little girl like that lol
If cannabis police comes and takes her to the cannabis orphanage I'll understand xD

Tent is 50cm x 50cm x 100cm
This tent fits my needs just perfect, I dont need anything more, I will be growing only 1 or 2 plants at a time and mostly 12/12 from seed or really short 2 week veg time. Maybe later when I will learn patience I'll give it a go for a 1 big plant.

Forgot to mention that in the 2nd pot I have 2 Habanero Chocolate chilli pepper seeds germinating.

I've seen Redheaded stepchildren suffer much less abuse. haha Cool thread, keep it going. *reps*

Thanks for stopping by Mike, I sure will.

It's amazing what marijuana plants can handle and still recover! <3 ;)

That is so true Robert, cannabis never stops to impress me with that toughness. Natural will to survive no matter what.

Yea i had this skunk #1 automatic. It's now harvested and I'm currently smoking some of it right now!

IMG_108825.JPG

IMG_127818.JPG

Keep it up buddy!

Yea i had this skunk #1 automatic. It's now harvested and I'm currently smoking some of it right now!

IMG_108825.JPG

IMG_127818.JPG

Keep it up buddy!

Thank You.
If you feel artistic and have nowhere to hurry, maybe you could share her story here. What happened to her? She looks really beat up. How much she yielded at the end ? Kinda got interested with other near death comebacks.

Thank You.
If you feel artistic and have nowhere to hurry, maybe you could share her story here. What happened to her? She looks really beat up. How much she yielded at the end ? Kinda got interested with other near death comebacks.

Her story is rough and this will take some time to write but here we go, please have in mind that I'm currently eating ;)

Started off with reading some on the internet, then i decided to go to the local grow shop and buy some seeds i bought 3 Skunk #1 Automatic and went home and germinated 2 seeds then I started planning where they should be, decided it should be in my empty closet and started putting up some aluminium foil to reflect the lights. Next day i went back and got myself some nutrients, pots, soil, ph tester, calcium, and a FloraGro bottle, went to my friend who had tried growing before and he had a tent, HPS Ballast 600 watt, HPS specter 600 watt, some FloraMicro FloraBloom TerraFlores something for the roots when making clones, and 2 fans a small and bigger one. First i didn't set up the tent as I had no room for it.

After the two seeds where germinated i planted them into small 1L pots and as this was my first growth i wasn't sure how deep to put the seeds, so one of them went 3cm down and the other one 1,5cm they were under sunlight for the first week, found out alu foil would make bad spots so pealed it off quickly again, then i went to the hospital and came back after 4 days and one of the plants were dead 15 cm tall and the shell was still on so threw that one out the other one got some water and a stick to support it and it grew again, i went and moved it to the grow closet under the 600 watt hps, the leafs quickly started to yellow in on all leafs, so i went and made room for the tent, set it up and went back to the local grow shop to get a digital ballast and a MH specter 600Watt and 5 Bubblegum XL and 3 OG Kush. The plants are growing so much better under a MH than the HPS, but i'm still considering LED even though i used 1000$ on supplies..
IMG_119721.JPG

Started growing more serious and reading a lot more and learned to train them but if you want to know more then just look into my grow journal you can find my info there if you want any more info just ask!

:thanks: :Namaste:

Her story is rough and this will take some time to write but here we go, please have in mind that I'm currently eating ;)

Started off with reading some on the internet, then i decided to go to the local grow shop and buy some seeds i bought 3 Skunk #1 Automatic and went home and germinated 2 seeds then I started planning where they should be, decided it should be in my empty closet and started putting up some aluminium foil to reflect the lights. Next day i went back and got myself some nutrients, pots, soil, ph tester, calcium, and a FloraGro bottle, went to my friend who had tried growing before and he had a tent, HPS Ballast 600 watt, HPS specter 600 watt, some FloraMicro FloraBloom TerraFlores something for the roots when making clones, and 2 fans a small and bigger one. First i didn't set up the tent as I had no room for it.

After the two seeds where germinated i planted them into small 1L pots and as this was my first growth i wasn't sure how deep to put the seeds, so one of them went 3cm down and the other one 1,5cm they were under sunlight for the first week, found out alu foil would make bad spots so pealed it off quickly again, then i went to the hospital and came back after 4 days and one of the plants were dead 15 cm tall and the shell was still on so threw that one out the other one got some water and a stick to support it and it grew again, i went and moved it to the grow closet under the 600 watt hps, the leafs quickly started to yellow in on all leafs, so i went and made room for the tent, set it up and went back to the local grow shop to get a digital ballast and a MH specter 600Watt and 5 Bubblegum XL and 3 OG Kush. The plants are growing so much better under a MH than the HPS, but i'm still considering LED even though i used 1000$ on supplies..

Started growing more serious and reading a lot more and learned to train them but if you want to know more then just look into my grow journal you can find my info there if you want any more info just ask!

:thanks: :Namaste:

Long and sad story friend, as long as you learn from mistakes is all good.
I will check it out tomorrow, I see your signature. Thank you for invite.
Peace :peace:

You'll be ok with one plant in there bud, either scrog or train it to fill the space & maximise your yield. You need to keep your light a couple of foot away & your headroom is limited so bear that in mind. Another option is to do a sog with about 20 clones, that'd work well.

Ye, I thought about scrog for my next grow or after next but never thought about sog. But I do need a mother plant for clones though. I don't know, maybe when I have more experience in growing I'll start cloning. Great idea though

You could take a clone off this one & grow it to be a mother which will then produce clones for your next grow. Cloning is easy but you'd need more lights & areas set up to keep your mother & grow your clones. It's definitely something to bear in mind for the future if you don't fancy doing it just yet.

I think Mods didn't like the name of my journal so they corrected it.

I sincerely apologize if I broke any rules with my previous journals name.

:peace:

You could take a clone off this one & grow it to be a mother which will then produce clones for your next grow. Cloning is easy but you'd need more lights & areas set up to keep your mother & grow your clones. It's definitely something to bear in mind for the future if you don't fancy doing it just yet.

Let's leave cloning for future, I think. First I need a constant supply of medication for my self. But in future definitely.

Back
Top Bottom