Skunnymonster's Multi-Strain Perpetual LED Grow

skunnymonster

Hello and welcome to my 1st ever grow journal.
I live in the UK and have been growing for a number of years using my own soil/coco/perlite mix, in auto-pots using various organic nutes & flowering under a 600w HPS. I am now having a complete change so I hope you can help me with any issues that may arise along the way.
What am I changing, you may ask. Well, I'm now going to grow in coco, with non-organic nutes in 10L air-pots and under LED lighting. (when it arrives) My new lighting will be two topled Mars II 400w units, one in full spectrum & one in the flower spectrum (area 51) I will be switching from auto pots to 10L Air-pots filled with canna coco natural (it's the only one my grow shop stocks)I am also going to try lst or scrog for the 1st time.

What am I going to grow? Well at the moment I have a seedling that has survived a near death experience & is doing quite well, this is either Sour Diesel or Royal Cheese from Royal Queen (freebie fem seed from Herbies) I hope to figure out which it is once it's in flower. I've cracked 2x fem Tangerine Dream from Barneys Farm but only one has popped up. Two more freebies off Herbies I've cracked are 1x fem Strawberry Blue from World of Seeds which has not popped up yet & a reg Karala x Skunk#1 which has is just showing its pre-leaves. For seedlings I use Plant-It perlite, vermiculite & canna coco in various mixes at various stages.

The nutrients I will be using are primarily from Plant Magic, I've heard good reports on them and their range is developed with UK water so lets hope it lives up to the hype. I also have some other products which I've used on previous grows, I'll let you help me decide whether to use them or not.
Here's a list of what I've got

Plant Magic: Coco grow & bloom (both are 2 part mix) Bloom boost (pk13/14) Bio-Wetter (Yukka extract) Evolution (Foliar spray) Granules (claims to increase roots 700%) Flush

Advanced Nutrients: Iguana juice (grow) Voodoo Juice, Overdrive, Grandma Enggy's F1, Big Bud (powder)

Grotek 2-0-0 Cal/Mag/Iron, Carbo Blast 1% magnesium, Plagron Bat Guano

Below is a picture of my grow space which needs expanding to 6'x3' ideally, then it will suit my new lights but that can wait for now.
IMG_0001125.JPG

It measures 6' to the top of the door & is 4'2" wide, 2'2" deep.
IMG_0002133.JPG

Here's my soon to be replaced 600w HPS & carbon filter
IMG_0003136.JPG

This is my nursery, it has airflow from a Ruck RK125 5" inline fan as it passes to my main room. I can squeeze a mother plant in here if desired. The air is drawn from inside during the winter & outside in the summer to help control temps.
IMG_0004128.JPG

Here's my 8" extractor fan which exhausts into the room, I use this to aid drying harvests
IMG_0006119.JPG

Here's my trusty ph & ec meters, I always keep them calibrated
IMG_001886.JPG

For some reason it wont let me add any more pictures on this page so I'll pop this online and continue on a fresh page

My nursery, lit by 2x 55w cfl under a reflective hood
IMG_002364.JPG

Which one will she be?
IMG_002463.JPG

Notice the two heads?
IMG_002576.JPG

Here's the other seedlings
IMG_002769.JPG

IMG_002959.JPG

I hope you're a little girl
IMG_003063.JPG

Temp & humidity for the seedlings
IMG_002863.JPG

I really need to sort this lot out before I extend my grow space
IMG_003254.JPG

I'm here and tagging along.
Love the wicked naturally topped seedling, hope it grows strong and beautiful, best of luck to her.
Nice range of nutrients you got there as well.

Glad to have you along mate, yea I'm hoping my twin headed baby does well too. I bonded with her when she was on deaths door and it's the 1st naturally topped plant I've ever had, she's special :) :love:
This will be my 1st time with the Plant Magic so I'm not sure if I'll need any of the other additives. The wetter & Evolution are the ones I'm most looking forward to using, here's the info off their website EVOLUTION has an abundance of benefits for your plants; improved photosynthesis leading to rapid vertical growth, healthier plants, more fruit sets (leading to better yields) and an improved root structure is just a fraction that can be achieved using this unique formula.
Sounds good eh?
I like your training by the way, it looks brutal but they don't mind it :)

starting good

Subbed for sure, waiting for the led arrival now

And Good lcuk of course :ganjamon:

Awesome start. Everything looking good. The one thing I will say for that air pot pic is you will run into two problems if you do not deal with that sitting water in pan. Number one is the roots will drop into the fluid and grow crazy and start dieing from drowning then causing plant problems. Number two is you will get bad bacteria growing in stale watered nutes sitting in pan and it will smell very bad and hurt plant as well. Quick rinse works well. I wish you the best and I will keep a eye out on your grow.

Awesome start. Everything looking good. The one thing I will say for that air pot pic is you will run into two problems if you do not deal with that sitting water in pan. Number one is the roots will drop into the fluid and grow crazy and start dieing from drowning then causing plant problems. Number two is you will get bad bacteria growing in stale watered nutes sitting in pan and it will smell very bad and hurt plant as well. Quick rinse works well. I wish you the best and I will keep a eye out on your grow.

Good to know. Glad I'm following this journal lol

Back
Top Bottom