1.5 Sq Foot - 2 Cab LED SOG Perpetual Grow - Microeconomics for the Personal Grower

VitaminGreen

Greetings all, this is my grow journal i am getting around to starting.:welcome:
I have 2 cabs::high-five:
one for cloning/vegging/mother, and one for flower.

Each are speaker boxes 32" high, 16" wide and 13" deep.

I went and got 2 thermometer/hygrometers from wally world, and some extension cords and made it to look like it does. The issue...I want a lot of plants so I need lumens...CFLs are too dang hot! So after a lot of searching I found that you can use LED light bulbs to veg...I have seen flowering with it, but frankly, that's just not good enough! So I ordered 3 5000k I think they were 13w? Leds from amazon. Cost me like 16 I think. I will replace my current veg CFLs, which are 4 5000k 13w and 1 14w 2700k. I will provably keep the 2700k in there to add some heat, and help with the humidity...did I mention ambient humidity is like 80% here?

Then for the awesomeness...I ordered a brand new Intelligent Gro LED!
135w :circle-of-love::cheer::cheer::Namaste:
and its already been shipped! Got a great deal, and when I emailed them about my space, they gave me their number and let me make an order at 10pm! Extremely friendly, and they are a sponsor here. I don't want to badmouth any other companies, but I have emailed most every single company that has a light for my small space, and many of them will ignore you. I have to admit though, a sponsor from GSC that I shall not name, was very helpful, I just wanted to be able to have an American 3 year warranty, and at my range of power, the price was better than any other American company, with some of the best new technology!
Well anyway, I am waiting on that, and currently have two auto flowers vegging in my veg cab: :high-five:
a pineapple express auto from Barney's Farm Seeds, and a Cream of the Cash Crop auto.

That C of the C crop is weak, I had to remove the shell and the sticky holding part from it, and every time I water it gets droopy and she's just finacky.
The autos were planted on the first and sprouted on the 5th.

I also have my two soon to be moms in there::high-five:

One is a Violator Kush from Barney's Farm Seeds, and the other is a Strawberry Blue from Herbie's that I got fooooooo freeeeee! I will be running 12 plants, single cola SOG. The doc's way. I honestly don't care about your opinions on this subject because everyone has an opinion on if he was bs'ing or not, but I think the proof is in the pudding so to speak.

Hoping for 7g dry from each plant, and with the potency people are getting from LED I will have plenty of hash and extracts to go along with it.

I still haven't figured out how I will dry it but any way, on to the pics.
Everyone is invited to post and any advice is welcome!

The link for the light is in my sig.

Edit*My lights are off from 5-1030 so 5.5 hours off/18.5 on. For the autos it seems like they grow based on a set amount of hours so the lower lighting schedule actually almost let's them veg for longer. At least this is what my research indicates, plus I need it for the moms. I figure with led 18 hours will be okay as they are much more efficient than CFL. These cabs are in a closet...does anyone have any good ideas to contain the sound behind like a curtain maybe then a space then the door to the closet? Like a barrier? Thanks!

IMG_20140528_152548_354.jpg
IMG_20140528_152602_687.jpg
IMG_20140612_235042_865.jpg
IMG_20140613_215709_265.jpg

And here are the pics from today, 58% humidity 73 degree F with no fans on, lights off
This is when they first woke up...I am getting worried about my mom plants, they still havent sprouted yet, and I know it's fine, but man these things are for real like kids!

C of C Crop is to the front or right however you look at the pic. She is heeeavvvyyy, I had to stick a pen cap to hold up that main leaf, the pineapple is light and small, I am hoping for at least 7g dry, I have heard this is a very low-yielding strain.

IMG_20140613_220903_068.jpg
IMG_20140613_220934_663.jpg

Re: 1.5 Sq foot, 2 cab LED SOG perpetual grow...Microeconomics for the personal growe

Subscribed. You want actual 23 watt+ Compact Florescent Lights that will provide more lumens for your plants. Chose 6400 kelvin daylight Compact Florescent Lights for vegetative growth and 2700 kelvin warm white for flowering.

Re: 1.5 Sq foot, 2 cab LED SOG perpetual grow...Microeconomics for the personal growe

Subscribed. You want actual 23 watt+ Compact Florescent Lights that will provide more lumens for your plants. Chose 6400 kelvin daylight Compact Florescent Lights for vegetative growth and 2700 kelvin warm white for flowering.

Yes, that is what I have now...well, I was going to, but they are too hot. I don't have good enough exhaust me thinks. That it what the LED will solve I am betting real $ on it as well, but every report I read compares about the same size led to an equivalent cfl one bulb vs one bulb and LED consistently runs cooler, so to equal 135 w led I would need how many CFLs? Lol that pic of the temp was with 2 of those 23w 2700k CFLs which don't feel as hot? Idk. I forgot where I was going and ...haha

Edit* read back through and was going to mention if the led only increases the ambient which is 73 by 5 degree or less maybe add one cfl...idk, this is my first grow and its a work in progress!

Edit2* umm I think that's what you were saying all along, to supplement...I believe that these lights have a LED in those spectrums already? I am speaking on the intelligent gro. The reg led bulbs I will be using for veg I will ad a 2700k 23 w just like you say and hopefully temp will stay just about perfect...

Cool I'm in VG! :)

Welcome, WELCOME! I didn't mention you by name, but def a deciding factor. I will be subbing in your collidel silver thread for later on down the line...have to always be learning!

I really like your little speaker cab VG, but you may outgrow that space fast with that 135w I-Gro.

Can you set up in a closet, or something? idk

I really like your little speaker cab VG, but you may outgrow that space fast with that 135w I-Gro.

Can you set up in a closet, or something? idk

What do ya mean by outgrow? Haha, you mean the light will be too big for the cab? I plan on doing 9-12 single cola style pop bottles in the flower chamber with this light. Figure get roots in 10-17 days, veg for a week, then into the flower chamber. The plants should be under 6-7" when they go into the flower chamber, so they should shoot up to 10-16" final flower...this light can be set 10" or greater from what I understand...is my logic sound or no?
I know its hard to tell tone via interwebz but I was just explaknf my thought process to y'all, so please be honest!

So you got two speaker cabs going? Ones veg, and ones flower?

I'm subbed. I wanna watch! :popcorn: :hookah:

Well I'll be hanging out to see how it goes.

I really like the cool speaker cabs. They look well built.

Just kinda small, but that makes it interesting.

I'm not a photoperiod grower, but KJC is here,

and he's one of the best. Me I'd grow autos in those both.

Pink Salad gets about a foot tall.

Make fem seeds, and you need no moms, or clones.

That's just my thing tho. Come check it out if you like. :peace:

Well I'll be hanging out to see how it goes.

I really like the cool speaker cabs. They look well built.

Just kinda small, but that makes it interesting.

I'm not a photoperiod grower, but KJC is here,

and he's one of the best. Me I'd grow autos in those both.

Pink Salad gets about a foot tall.

Make fem seeds, and you need no moms, or clones.

That's just my thing tho. Come check it out if you like. :peace:

I will head over to reqd right now, I like the idea, especially seeing how small the autos get, I could still run them in the same medium, even more, I would just need seeds for sure. Clones take up space for me for sure.

When you are using your LED light panel I do not believe you will need to supplement the grow area with Compact Florescent Lights, the LED light panel will provide more lumens to your plants then additional Compact Florescent Light bulbs.

Okay people, as Toker suggested, I went to their thread and read. Asked a few questions. And...my first impression is that I want to do this with my Violator Kush AND the strawberry blue, but I am going to do a combo...
Bear with me...
Take the two I ha e planted, then at 6 weeks, clone them...veg for a week after showing roots which would be 2-3 weeks, in that time the mothers have recovered.
I throw the clones into flower and top the mother. I then start a mini mod scrog for each mother/ the clones should be at about week 6-7 in flower by the time the mothers are done vegging??
Spray each scrogged mother, and then harvest the clones, and flower the mothers and get me some seeeddddds.
I can also then try the deep cheese, og kush, maybe a different violator....oh my, I like this plan I think, what do y'all think?

I'm subbed... Was always curious about those speaker boxes and how could a mature cannibus plant fit in there. I guess with proper training, anything is possible. Happy growing and welcome to :420:

Back
Top Bottom