Journal #2 - High Brix Kit - Silver Surfer Haze Clone - LED - MH - HPS

budnoob2

Welcome to my second journal which is my first use of the Doc Bud High Brix Kit with a clone from my Silver Surfer Haze. The soil cooked for ~5 weeks and the clone has been in the High Brix soil in a 6" Jiffy Pot since 6/1/14.

The Silver Surfer Haze consists of a blend of the commercial varieties of three award winning strains Haze, Skunk and Northern Lights. Its effects are super-charged with a combination of both indica and sativa influences.

Genetics: Haze x Skunk x Northern Light
THC Content: High
Yield: 500-700 gr
Plant Height: 3 - 4m
Flowering Time: 10-11 weeks
Harvest Month: Mid November

Soil - High Brix Kit
Indoor
Clone
Transferred to High Brix Soil on 6/1
First foliar feeding on 6/15

DSC_000372.JPG

re: Journal#2 - High Brix Kit - Silver Surfer Haze Clone - LED - MH - HPS

Another Doc Bud High Brix grow...how could I not be in?...

Good luck, BN2...have a great grow...

:popcorn:

Thank you gents, I've also snuck a couple of my outdoor veggie grows into HB so I'll sneak in a couple of those updates as well - they also got their first foliar today :)

FYI for fellow High Brixers - If you're doing less than 6 plants at a time like me it helps to know that 1 oz is 6 tsp and 1 quart is 32 oz so if you're following Doc's instructions and wanted to foliar spray only one plant it would be 1tsp of Brix to 5 1/3 oz of RO water instead of 1 oz of Brix to a Quart of water for 6 plants. In my case I have just been using rain water but I do have RO for when/if I run out of rain.

:thumb: :popcorn:

Re: Journal#2 - High Brix Kit - Silver Surfer Haze Clone - LED - MH - HPS

Same holds true for the Tea .5 ml per gallon of water instead of 2.5ml for 5ga is what I'm using.

I run a 4x4 which is basically 6 plants and I measure 10 ml into 14 oz of water, and I find that's just about the right amount of fluid for that many plants - none leftover. Unfortunately, my sprayer is 64 oz so I have to pump the crap outta it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think your Tea measurements are off. I give each plant (6 gallon pot) 2.5 ml in 12 oz of water, which then gets dumped into the feedwater before adding to the plant.

Thanks Graytail, I am basing my tea from Doc's instructions online and on the bottle. Online says 2.5ml per 6 plants and on bottle it says 2.5ml per 5ga water so if I extrapolate that further I could go to the extreme and divide the 2.5 ml by 6 or I can make it easy and say .5ml per gallon. I figured it's easy just to stick to a per gallon measure and water according to what they're willing to drink. Let me know if I'm crazy here :)

Hi Graytail, I hit up the Doc and he said that .5 ml per gallon works fine so hopefully we all save a little money on tea :)

Hi Graytail, I hit up the Doc and he said that .5 ml per gallon works fine so hopefully we all save a little money on tea :)

I apologize, man. I use 0.3 ml Tea per plant - dunno what my mind was thinking last night. Argh. :lot-o-toke:

Second Brix foliar feeding was today - 14 days since the last one. Was planning to do in 10 days but things got a little hectic, no biggy. Last watering was .5ml of tea and 1/2 tsp of growth in 1 gallon - used what the little 6" pot needed and fed remainder to the tomaters :)

Second Brix foliar feeding was today - 14 days since the last one. Was planning to do in 10 days but things got a little hectic, no biggy. Last watering was .5ml of tea and 1/2 tsp of growth in 1 gallon - used what the little 6" pot needed and fed remainder to the tomaters :)

Good going! Your tomatoes will love it and thrive especially if theyre in HB soil.. :)

2 of my tomato plants and 1 of my pepper plants were started in HB and then transplanted into raised bed made up of my own soil plus an extra couple gallons worth of HB soil each. So the outdoor stuff won't be 100% by the book but should be fairly close I hope.

The little lady was transplanted into her 7ga container with plenty of roots and transplant so she's ready to get some serious veg going.

Back
Top Bottom