Organic - 600W HPS + 2x 600W LED - Multiple Strains

Introduction

Starting a new, more organized journal. My last has gotten to the point where the entire grow kind of got sidetracked, changed the strains and lighting, ventilation, etc. So decided to start again with updated information, and grab a few more followers. I mix my own soil, and am always interested in hearing tips on EVERYTHING. I am still a new grower, I may be stubborn but I know I have to learn more. I plan on adding nutrients through spikes and teas, this is an organic grow, starting with just a base soil, it has not been cooked, but doesn't need to be with the basic elements I constructed it with. I will be going more advanced with my soil the next go around, and cooking it, so chime in anytime.

Soil and Nutrient Information

Soil Mix: 1 - 60lb bale of ProMix HP Myco, 1 - 30lb Worm Castings

Water: Distilled water, with 8 drops of CaMg+ per gallon, every watering

Spikes: TBA

Teas: TBA

Available Nutrients: As of right now I only have four additives I will be using, once every three times that I water, in small amounts, unless a problem arises...
General Organics CaMg+
Roots Organics Trinity
Fox Farms Big Bloom
Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Unsulphered Blackstrap Molasses

Equipment and Environment

Tents: Humidity Dome (Clones and Seedlings), 3' x 3' Veg, 4' x 4' Flower

Lights: 1x 18" T5 (Humidity Dome), 1x 600W LED (Veg), 1x 600W HPS (Flower), 1x 600W LED (Spare for now)

Ventilation: Each tent has a 6" 400cfm Hydrofarm Inline fan as well as a 6" circular fan for movement inside the tents, Flower pulling into Carbon Filter, assive intake, and two 6" 240cfm Booster fans (Spares)

Containers: 4" x 4" square pots for seedlings and teens, 12" x 12" square pots for finish

Strain Information

Here I will list information on the different strains that are currently growing, this will become updated as they finish, and add more info when they are in flowering, as seen below.

SEEDLINGS/CLONES

2x Sour Tangie - Seed
1x Purple Kosher x Strawberry Banana - Seed
1x Pineapple Express - Seed

1x Super Lemon Haze - Clone
2x Phantom Cookies - Clone
4x Jack Herer - Clone

VEGETATIVE STAGE:

Sensi Seeds - Super Skunk
Green House Seeds - Great White Shark
Green House Seeds - Trainwreck
Green House Seeds - White Rhino
Reserva Privada - Kosher Kush

FLOWERING:
GrandDaddy Purple Seeds - Phantom Cookies:
Granddaddy Purple Seeds Phantom Cookies lives up to its reputation among patients - this dynamic, potent cross of our award-winning Phantom and Bay Platinum Cookies will not disappoint.

This unique strain with two vibrant shades of green dotted with golden resin hairs and a distinct touch of purple throughout is as effective as it is appealing. With its mouth-watering cookie dough flavor, this proprietary strain is sticky to the touch while smooth on the draw and the effects will be certain to leave you smiling and comfortably numb.

Phantom Cookies medicinal properties include: sleeping aid, stress and pain relief, and relaxation of the body and mind.

Marijuana type: Hybrid (65% sativa, 35% indica)
Genotype: Cherrie Pie x GrandDaddy Purp

Indoor Specifications:
height 4' - 6'
flowering: 8-9 weeks
start cycle (veg): 2-4 weeks
finish cycle: 10-13 total weeks
yield: 1.25 - 1.75 lbs / 1000w
THC: 15% - 23%
CBD: .037%
CBN: 0.09%

Sensi Seeds - Jack Herer (x2):
Sensi Seeds Jack Herer is The cream of the crop and perhaps the most exquisite ganja you will ever encounter; this strain ranks as the most awarded variety in the history of harvest festivals. Nine awards and counting would be the pinnacle of recognition for any strain, yet Jack Herer manages to go a step further and bears the distinction of being distributed under prescription by Dutch pharmacies as a recognised variety of medicinal-grade cannabis. Sensi's champagne of strains is named in honour of Jack Herer, author of The Emperor Wears No Clothes. Through tireless activism and his landmark book, Jack Herer can take most of the credit for reminding the world that cannabis in all its forms has always been one of humankind's most valuable resources, and that we can literally save the planet with hemp! The sublime blend of tropical Sativa high and monstrous Indica resin production captured in Jack Herer must be seen and sampled to be believed. At their peak, buds are so thickly smothered with clear trichomes that they appear sugar-frosted or sparkling with dew-drops. This crystal-coating extends to spear-leaves, fan leaves and even to Jack's stems and stalks. Plants from cannabis seeds show favourable variation, due to Jack Herer's complex background and delicate balance right at the cusp of Sativa and Indica. Enhanced features from both sides of the family are strongly evident and are expressed in different combinations, allowing growers to select mother plants tailored to their circumstances and tastes. Three of Jack's four main phenotypes are heavily Sativa-influenced while the fourth has a growth pattern leaning towards Indica - fast-flowering and relatively compact with a dense, expansive, rounded bud structure that's suited to cash-cropping. Jack's Sativa phenotypes can also produce a good per-metre or per-plant yield when cultivated skilfully, though it is rare for these crops to be sold commercially. Most growers who have watched their succulent, super-sized calyxes swell and mature will be hesitant to sell such buds, and the best Jack Herer is often passed around a select circle of friends - an example of one of those things that money just can't buy. The trait common to all Jack Herer phenotypes is a dazzling double-edged potency - a stratospheric cerebral high underpinned by a breathtaking body-buzz with seismic power. Smokers should be prepared to feel the earth shake beneath their feet - which can be a very pleasant feeling when your head is firmly in the clouds.

Green House Seeds - Super Lemon Haze:
Green House Seeds Super Lemon Haze has won the 2008 High Times Cannabis Cup with a landslide of votes. Its incredibly intense lemony flavour, with a strong haze background has a sharp and intense taste, which reminds of lemon, lime and pink grapefruit, followed by a very earthy and musky haze aftertaste, with traces of incense and black pepper. The effect is very balanced; it starts with a quick indica-hit feeling that softly moves to a very strong high, with a social and creative side. The Super Lemon Haze is a very smooth compromise between the great qualities of its parents. It's cannabis seeds has 9-10 weeks flowering time, and a very typical Christmas tree shape. Plants tend to grow quite tall, but the internodes are not too far apart, and allow easy topping. The leaves are very sativa-like, while bud formation comes dense and has a high calyx-to-leaf ratio. The Super Lemon Haze is very effective both indoors and outdoors, and responds very well to high-EC hydro systems as well as organic soil setups. When cultivated in soil, the spectrum of terpens is more developed and gives an extra lemony flavour. The THC is high at over 22%, ensuring a very psychedelic experience to even the most experienced smokers. Effect: A very lemony haze, works fast and lasts long. It's a very powerful high, very balanced between a physical and a cerebral side. Flowering outdoor: finishes end October in northern hemisphere, production up to 1000 gr/plant.

Equipment/Random Pictures

Some of my seeds:

WP_20140627_002.jpg
WP_20140627_003.jpg

Fan Controllers:

WP_20140627_004.jpg

Two 600W LED Lights:

WP_20140627_005.jpg

6" Hydrofarm Fan:

WP_20140628_001.jpg

Humidity Dome:

WP_20140701_002.jpg

Fan/Filter Combo:

WP_20140701_003.jpg

600W LED in the Veg Tent:

WP_20140701_014.jpg

I finally got the chance to catch up. You new journal looks clean and sorted, I like it.
About the fan and filter combo, I read somewhere that your filter should be in tent and your fan should be pulling air through filter and then outside the tent and yours look like pulling air from tent and then push it through the filter. The way you have set it up know may not be optimal for temp control and smell removal.
But that's something I read somewhere and I might be wrong.

Anyway, good looking setup and ladies look awesome. Keep it up.

Looks good dude the only thing I would add. Our soil mix is almost exactly the same mix but I use perlite to cut it further. One thing I had ran into a couple grows ago is PH issues. I added dolomite lime to the mix at rate of teaspoon per gallon of soil. It stablizes the PH to 6.3 and slow releases calcium and small amount of MG. The peat in the pro-mix is acidic and the lime worked awesomely.

I finally got the chance to catch up. You new journal looks clean and sorted, I like it.
About the fan and filter combo, I read somewhere that your filter should be in tent and your fan should be pulling air through filter and then outside the tent and yours look like pulling air from tent and then push it through the filter. The way you have set it up know may not be optimal for temp control and smell removal.
But that's something I read somewhere and I might be wrong.

Anyway, good looking setup and ladies look awesome. Keep it up.

Yea I saw videos and stuff showing that you can push thru from outside, I was just concerned with the weight being supported by the small poles in the tent. I do have some zip ties tho, I think they are 18" long so I would need to put two-three together in each spot that I support them.

Looks good dude the only thing I would add. Our soil mix is almost exactly the same mix but I use perlite to cut it further. One thing I had ran into a couple grows ago is PH issues. I added dolomite lime to the mix at rate of teaspoon per gallon of soil. It stablizes the PH to 6.3 and slow releases calcium and small amount of MG. The peat in the pro-mix is acidic and the lime worked awesomely.

Dolomite lime will have to be cooked, wouldn't it? I was hopping the CaMg+ would stabilize a bit, but it's not as slow a release as the dolomite The cuttings and seeds that I have going right now will be the test run with this base soil and additives, but I would have time to cook for the next run through, I saved 4 sour tangie and two purple kosher x strawberry banana for my next run where I will probably add some more stuff if needed and will have the time to cook

I have read great reviews on the tahoe. I also tried some the other day from the store, and man was it kill. I'm pretty close to harvest, so I soon to will have a report on smell taste and high.

I'll def have to try some when I can, looking forward to seeing that harvest, those nugs are beautiful

Back
Top Bottom