First Grow - 400W Mars II LED

BuckSwope

Hey guys!

Long time lurker, first time poster here @ 420. First off, I want to thank everyone for all of their time and advice that each of you have put into this forum. If it wasn't for you all, I wouldn't have a clue what the hell I'm doing (I still have a lot of learn). I finally got legal so decided it was time to see if I could one day enjoy the fruits of my labor (hopefully). Anyway, without further ado, here's my current setup:

-4ft x 2ft x 5ft grow tent in walk in closet
-400w Mars II LED
-4" Active Air Inline Fan @ 165 CFM
-4" Phresh Carbon Filter @ 200 CFM
-4" Insulated ducting (for heat and noise reduction)
-7" Honeywell Oscillating Fan
-Fox Farms Ocean Forest and planning on using all FF nutes exclusively

-Day 1-

Since this is my first grow, I decided to start with some free feminized seeds, but since I was in a rush to germ them, I'm not sure which strain is which. I'll be growing 3 plants, using LSTing and either topping or FIM during veg since the height in my grow tent is pretty limited.

The strains are Barney's LSD, Royal Queen's Critical and Northern Lights x Big Bud. Has anyone grown any of these strains? As of now, all are sprouted and ready to rock. Tonight is when I officially start them on a 18/6 cycle so keep those eyes peeled for pics. I look forward to your comments, constructive critiques and any advice you may have for me along the way.

Happy growing!
-Buck

Nice to see you posting your grow. I have grown Northern lights and Big Buds but not a mix of the two. Both are fun and easy to grow with very little problems. I will keep a eye on your journal and I wish you the best.

-Day 2-

Seed casings have fallen off with seedlings looking very dark green. Temps have been ranging between 84-88 with an occasional spike to 90 at times (due to the current heat wave out here) with humidity ranging steadily between 36-40% with the lights on. With the lights off, temp is at 76-77 with a bump in humidity ranging 50-54%.

256qkvm.jpg

The fastest out of all 3:

2m82tg8.jpg

subbed for this - I am on my first grow too (hydro) I can help where needed, if possible lol.... but some great people on here to get you to that finish line of course you already know that, thats why your here lol hahaha.......Looking good man - Love the LED light :)

subbed for this - I am on my first grow too (hydro) I can help where needed, if possible lol.... but some great people on here to get you to that finish line of course you already know that, thats why your here lol hahaha.......Looking good man - Love the LED light :)

So far, I'm digging this LED. Good luck on your grow bud! I actually just subbed on it so definitely looking forward to yours. Any advice you may have, please let me know. I'm always willing to learn

-Day 4-

Hope everyone had a safe 4th yesterday. Here's an update on the girls; new sets of leaves are starting to push through just after 4 days. Just the look of things, they really seem to be digging the light w/ temps ranging 86-90, RH roughly between 32-36%. Giving them another week or so to determine how far along they are before transplanting to their final home. Any suggestions on when would be the best time to transplant? 3rd node?

This one is moving quicker than the rest. Still wish I labeled these...

image11690.jpg

The other two. Slowly doing their thing.

image11691.jpg

The height difference between all three. Beats taking pictures in normal light rather than burning your retinas with the LED:laugh:

image11689.jpg

How old are they? Most of the time one too two weeks in solo cups. Try not to transplant when soil is wet. Wet soil is heavy and if breaks apart while transplanting can rip roots

-Day 6-

Things are starting to look good. 2nd and 3rd sets of leaves are starting to become visible on 2 of the 3 plants. So far, I'm only watering with non-ph'd tap water right now (my city source is currently at 8.3) so I'll be adjusting down on the next watering to 6.5-7. They look lush, dark green, and no signs of burn from starting them in FFOF. Temps and humidties are the following: lights on - 86-88*/32-35%; lights off - 77-79*/49-51%

image11727.jpg

image11726.jpg

image11728.jpg

Looks like a little heat stress my friend. The taco leafs give that away. the are trying to shade them selfs.

- Day 9 -

I was dealing with higher temps than usual due to the current heat wave and was experiencing some heat stress on my plants. After some cooler nights and a better way to route my ventilation, I'm currently running 2-4 degrees cooler ranging from 84-86 degrees. Humidity was starting to decrease well into the low 30s so I decided to fill up a 10" pot saucer full of water to act as a poor man's swamp cooler. My humidity is now ranging between 40-42% consistently. I've been reading that the sweet spot for LEDs is 80-85 degrees and 40-45% humidity (not sure if it's factual). Following that advice, it looks like the plants have responded well over the last few days after being watered with some ph'd 6.5 water:

image11830.jpg
image11829.jpg
image11828.jpg

had a quick question is the standard spectrum MARS II 900 for both veg. and flowering stages? Or do I need two separate lights one for veg. and one for flowering? curious on how the mars II lights work because I noticed on topLED they give you the options for: Flowering,Standard,and Veg. Spectrums

had a quick question is the standard spectrum MARS II 900 for both veg. and flowering stages? Or do I need two separate lights one for veg. and one for flowering? curious on how the mars II lights work because I noticed on topLED they give you the options for: Flowering,Standard,and Veg. Spectrums

On the Mars, make sure you get the standard spectrum because it contains diodes for both vegging and flowering. From what I understand, topLED makes each LED to order so that's why they give those options.

Back
Top Bottom