Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED Grow

Hiddenkoncept

HEY GUYS

so this is my second grow journal and i have decided to switch it up a bit, i am growing using "the cap'n" method of growing hydro do it cap'n style
i have heard many things about this way of growing and i cant wait to try it.

im also going to following my sensei method of growing which he has called "the flux" "Light addicts guide to fluxing"
i have seen what he has done with this style of training and i cant wait to try it out for myself.

for my room dimensions please check my first journal so i dont repeat too much info in this journal.

i shall be growing 2x holy grail kush and one BLZBUD all from clone.

using hesi line of nutes with some AN additives for flower.

time to start my second journal guys, hope you enjoy the ride!

picture time!!!

holy grail kush
DSC021223.JPG
DSC021236.JPG

holy grail kush 00
DSC021272.JPG
DSC021285.JPG

blzbud (say hello to my dog)

DSC021245.JPG
DSC021254.JPG
DSC021266.JPG

got an early start tomorrow so thats all for today guys!:circle-of-love:

Re: Koncept's Flux Capacitor! CAP'N Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED

What......I'm first......lawdy....!! Nice to see ur pull on ur last grow...!! And here we grow again.....and you over here teaching me shit....capn style......I have already had to research this......from ur link....sigh.....damn I don't kno shittt....lol

Re: Koncept's Flux Capacitor! CAP'N Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED

So....hk.... Was it fairly easy to to set up capn style? Also after following the link to capn style in your journal....I took a visit......how does the water from the halo ring.....or pvc ring.....after it runs.....go back Into the rez? Also......is it because the rez is....changed weekly.....the temps don't have to be controlled in the rez? I saw capn....in another journal...didn't see any links to his journals....where can I get all the info...!!!???? I do luv playing I. The dirt/soil......but it's is $$$$ and managing deficiencies quickly.... is a drag to say the least!!

What......I'm first......lawdy....!! Nice to see ur pull on ur last grow...!! And here we grow again.....and you over here teaching me shit....capn style......I have already had to research this......from ur link....sigh.....damn I don't kno shittt....lol

Excellent, glad to have ya along mate!

So....hk.... Was it fairly easy to to set up capn style? Also after following the link to capn style in your journal....I took a visit......how does the water from the halo ring.....or pvc ring.....after it runs.....go back Into the rez? Also......is it because the rez is....changed weekly.....the temps don't have to be controlled in the rez? I saw capn....in another journal...didn't see any links to his journals....where can I get all the info...!!!???? I do luv playing I. The dirt/soil......but it's is $$$$ and managing deficiencies quickly.... is a drag to say the least!!

OK, first, click the link again and read the comments at the bottom....because I asked him most of the above questions when I was in your position!!! Lol

The water runs back I to the rest via the 6 inch hole that has been filled with a net cup (you can see the black circle in the pictures) it drains from the bottom of the airpots (or through the holes made in the bottom of your bucket) and them sits on the rez lid before draining through the the netpot...I too was baffled by this.

The rez temps are not as important because the roots are not sitting in the water, I will still try and keep my rez temps down but due to it not being dwc it is not as important.

I personally don't thinki will ever grow in soil, don't get me wrong I love the idea of it, and it produces amazing weed! I however have done the research into hydro and wouldn't know the first thing about making my own soil.
I love to see what people do with soil, but it's hydro for me...that's the great thing about cap'n style...its hydro...but not dwc, and I had too many problems with my water temps in dwc last time round.

Rez cost me £15
Water pump £29
Hydro halo £7
20l airpot £7
2m UV pipe/tubing £2
6inch netpot £0.25

I brought all of the above times 3 and that was my total cost of switching to cap'n style

I have high hopes for capn style and my attempted flux!

Subscribed

Welcome kingjohn, your advice is always...ALWAYS helpful

Subbed of course my friend! :) :) best of luck with this and holla at me anytime! :)

I was going to send ya a personal invite my friend tomorrow when I take some more photos.
I know I need some defol but not actually sure where, is defol done to lims and nondes we want to slow down? Because I know it can also be used to increase yields hehe

funky lil fella :)

Yeah my friend, follow light addicts journal from the post above....I'm just a humble student trying to follow his path!

Oh and glad to have you with us mate!

Yeah I use defol all along each limb, taking all knew growth off as soon as forming. I just leave a nice amount on the end/growing tip, as you want the ends pointing up nice and open catching your light. Then adjust every few days.
If you have weaker or smaller limbs then firstly raise the weeker over the others. It will become dominant and call for more of the energy. Also yes as you say sometimes I leave more foliage on the weeker limbs to promote faster growth.
Or if really stuck crush the top node of the stronger limbs. Dont trash them just squeeze to damage them all internally. This will halt their growth for a bit aiding others to catch up.
For week structure just flex and kink limbs every few days bruising them up so they fatten in structure! :)
Hope that helps! :)

Yeah I use defol all along each limb, taking all knew growth off as soon as forming. I just leave a nice amount on the end/growing tip, as you want the ends pointing up nice and open catching your light. Then adjust every few days.
If you have weaker or smaller limbs then firstly raise the weeker over the others. It will become dominant and call for more of the energy. Also yes as you say sometimes I leave more foliage on the weeker limbs to promote faster growth.
Or if really stuck crush the top node of the stronger limbs. Dont trash them just squeeze to damage them all internally. This will halt their growth for a bit aiding others to catch up.
For week structure just flex and kink limbs every few days bruising them up so they fatten in structure! :)
Hope that helps! :)

That helps so much! I will post some pictures later to see if I have done OK!

Quick update.... I unplugged timer by mistake and plants had 18 hours of darkness...woopsie lol
Hopefully they will be fine and just a little confused.

Taking photos as soon as I can and will hopefully update later.

:popcorn:

update time!

i dont have as much free time as i did during my first grow so forgive me for the lack of updates and pictures.

so far so good with the flux, i love watching new arms and shoots appear!

so hear are the girls in their current form, a light defol has just been done and i plan on doing another tomorrow.

HGK

DSC021357.JPG
DSC021364.JPG

BLZ

DSC021335.JPG
DSC021343.JPG

HGK00 (the 00 nickname is due to the fact its growing so much faster than the rest)

DSC021305.JPG
DSC021314.JPG

hope im doing it right hehe

edit: got the two HGK girls mixed up...has been corrected

Re: Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED

Hi, Hiddenkoncept. i'm here.:goodluck::goodluck: have a happy grow.:love:

Re: Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED

Hi, Hiddenkoncept. i'm here.:goodluck::goodluck: have a happy grow.:love:

Thanks Sara! Happy to have you here

Subscribed HiddenKoncept, I've been studying the capn's style for at least 6 months and also I've been following s1ingblades way of doing the capn style. As soon as I'm settled in my new place I will start growing capn style. Mixing LA's flux and capn style!!!!! hell yes I'm in for the ride. +reps for putting these two epic styles together, very cool.

Maybe a new movie "Capn goes to LA" lol.

subbed and rubbing hands together...

So happy to have you with us Mrs faerie!!!

In update shall be with us later, need to do some more defol!!

Not quite sure how I missed these two!

Subscribed HiddenKoncept, I've been studying the capn's style for at least 6 months and also I've been following s1ingblades way of doing the capn style. As soon as I'm settled in my new place I will start growing capn style. Mixing LA's flux and capn style!!!!! hell yes I'm in for the ride. +reps for putting these two epic styles together, very cool.

Maybe a new movie "Capn goes to LA" lol.

Hey 60cal, glad you could swing by! Yeah I have heard so many good things about both cap'n style and the flux! I follow both s1ingblade and LA a fair bit and both their journals helped me make this choice.
I'm still getting together the parts for cap'n style but I'm hoping to be finished in the next few days (too much work and not enough time!)

:thumb: nice yard, Hk, found this in here, not sure what it is, £ not in my old text books, lol

great start on this little fluxer:goodjob:

Thanks man, sorry I have not passed by your garden in a while, I been so busy and I'm not allowed my phone in me when working so no sneaky trips to 420 when nobody is looking for me!

OK...so.... I need of my pets ate some of my baby girl this afternoon....
I will post pictures when I stop crying (which may take awhile) but the blz has had a defol../only some of the limbs have been taken.
Not very happy but these things happen in this thing we call life so I must deal with it and move on.
Its just a shame it was on the plant that is growing the slowest!!!!

Back
Top Bottom