Tbob Does Flowering Clones in Soil & Hydro 2014

MikeTbob

Unknown strain but it's a mixed pack from Herbies. We grew some plants out and cloned the piss out of the tastiest plants during flower. That's why they are called "Flowering Clones". They were taken during the flowering stage of the mother plant. It was difficult and only 4 of 12 survived because Flowering plants do not have the vegetative state that is needed for root growth. See this link for further info on this since this is the thread I am following anyway.
What is a flowering clone?

I'm still using only Jacks Professional Hydro 16-4-7 FeED on all of my plants in soil and Bubble Buckets.
Hydro FeED - J. R. Peters Inc.
Vegging under 16/8 lights. Lights on @8PM and off @12pm. One 4 foot High Output T5 with 4 bulbs.
The smaller plants are X3 which is my code for 3rd generation clones. The larger clone in the bubble bucket is X2- 2nd gen. The tall one in the blue planter is X2 also and Power Plant is in the ceramic brick colored planter. Branches EVERYWHERE....I've never seen anything like it. Pistils are still growing on both X2, I'm not sure if this is normal or not. I'm going to grow them as big as I can for about 4-6 weeks and I am currently researching SCROG methods. So if you got a good SCROG howto, link me up.
SDC108391.jpg
SDC108392.jpg

SDC108421.jpg
SDC108501.jpg
SDC108602.jpg

SDC108611.jpg

SDC10867.jpg

SDC11011.jpg

SDC11012.jpg

SDC11015.jpg

SDC11014.jpg

SDC11013.jpg

SDC11023.jpg

SDC11024.jpg

SDC11025.jpg

SDC11028.jpg

SDC11027.jpg

SDC11026.jpg

SDC11029.jpg

Here you can see where the bud used to be. it has dried up and blown away for the most part.
SDC11031.jpg

SDC110331.jpg
SDC110341.jpg

re: Tbob Does Flowering Clones in Soil & Hydro 2014

That's pretty sick man, the whole plant is a nug xD
Haha it was a nug that I really wanted to smoke but I was able to restrain myself, I hope that restraint will pay off in a big way.
Thanks for stopping by.

Nice set up Mike!

I have had better luck with taking flowering clones then vegging clones. So far my success fate of flowering clones is 100% and of vegging clones 50%. Granted I have only taken 2 flowering clones, but hey 100% is 100%!!

It seems like the flowering clone wants to drop roots alot faster. Both of mine rooted in a week.

I had some problems so that may be why it took me so long to get roots it seems like it took me around 14 days, and I was new to cloning. you are correct, 100% is 100%.

I also had some problems with my first attempts. I let them get to dry, not enough light, not enough nutes, and had an algae breakout on the rock wool cubes.

We have learned our lessons....

Your plants are so green and healthy and that one with so many stems it gonna look like a bush. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Also I would like to sub to your journal..got my attention.

I tried cloning and all of mine had mold on the roots or at least that's what it looked like to me so they all went in the garbage. Do you know if it would have been ok to plant since the mold was on roots ? Thanks :Namaste:

Your plants are so green and healthy and that one with so many stems it gonna look like a bush. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Also I would like to sub to your journal..got my attention.

I tried cloning and all of mine had mold on the roots or at least that's what it looked like to me so they all went in the garbage. Do you know if it would have been ok to plant since the mold was on roots ? Thanks :Namaste:

Thanks for stopping in GrannyT and for your kind comments.
I'm no clone expert but I'm guessing if it had mold, that is probably not good. What did the mold look like? Was it black growth on the roots? How did you try cloning them? I have a buddy that did nothing but cut a couple of clones and put them into a glass of water in the windowsill. Watered it once or twice per week and the darned things rooted.

Wow looks cool. That was amazing restraint not smoking it. :) Sub'd

Thanks for stopping by and Yes sir, that was very hard to do..LOL

The mold on the roots were little white furry growth. I am knew and I know what I did was give the way too much spraying water then and the lid then let it sit there too long. I used rapid rooters... but it was all my fault, hey, ya gotta learn ,,,,right ??!!
Thank you for answering my question ! #reps# :thumb:

The mold on the roots were little white furry growth. I am knew and I know what I did was give the way too much spraying water then and the lid then let it sit there too long. I used rapid rooters... but it was all my fault, hey, ya gotta learn ,,,,right ??!!
Thank you for answering my question ! #reps# :thumb:

That's how I learned and I suspect most growers worth their salt also. Keep trying, once you find a way that works for you, you'll be amazed how easy it turns out to be. You just have to find a method that works best for you. Remember, you only want them to be moist and not saturated.....make them roots seek out the water.

A quick update on my flowering clones.....nothing to report yet but all is well. I am getting ramped up to add a SCROG setup somehow but it probably won't happen until next weekend because we have a lot of stuff going on around here. Anyhoo, PICTURES! The first two pictures are the "Bud on a stick" at the top of this thread on page one. The rest are her sister in the DWC buckets.

SDC11071.jpg
SDC110701.jpg
SDC11068.jpg
SDC110651.jpg
SDC110661.jpg
SDC110671.jpg
SDC110641.jpg
SDC110511.jpg

Short update: Nothing new to report except more growth and a LOT of roots. I'll include a picture of them next time I update here. I'm using Great White from Plant Success as a protection against root rot and it seems to be helping.
These first 4 images are the "Bud on a stick" clone, I call her X2. She's all growed up now. :thumb:
SDC11101.jpg

SDC11100.jpg

SDC11098.jpg

Her you can see where the "Bud" used to be. It's all died and blown away.

SDC11099.jpg

SDC11093.jpg

This is the 2nd Flowering Clone....she is an X2 also and is a "Twin" of the above plant except she is in DWC or Bubble Buckets.
SDC110941.jpg

Where the bud used to be.
SDC11092.jpg

SDC110911.jpg

SDC11090.jpg

These are Clones of X2, so naturally I call them X3. They are still small but pretty. Notice how one still has only 3 or 4 leaves per set? Weird. Yes, they look sick, they just now are responding to treatment. Keep your fingers crossed.
SDC11089.jpg

SDC110881.jpg

SDC11087.jpg

SDC11086.jpg

Back
Top Bottom