Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

I have 11 clones of White Widow and Carmelicious taken from my first grow.

They have been in veg for 10 weeks and have failed to thrive for the first 8 weeks.
One girl died, the others are feather dusters of small leaves on sticks.

Its a very slow grow, a full two months behind schedule as I expected them to be two feet tall and going into flower by now.

I'll try to flux most of them. The two or three that take to the fluxing will be held back from flowering for a longer veg.

I plan to start 6 seeds to grow alongside the clones.

This is a basement grow starting on a rack in the open basement and moving into an air cooled flowering room when ready.

Temp of Room/cab? 75
RH of Room/cab? 50-60
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ? Gnats

Bucket Size - 2qt, later 5 gal
Medium - Dr. Earth soil, later add perlite
Lights - (2) 216W T5 ho cfl, later (2) 600W HPS
Nutrients - BioBizz Grow/Bloom/TopMax, GH Cal-mag,
Strain(s) - White Widow, Carmelicious + seeds to be determined
# of Plants: 17

Clones today
20140719_130344-1.jpg

20140719_130638-1.jpg

Dr. Earth soil

20140521_125348-1.jpg

20140521_125309-1.jpg

Clones 9 weeks ago
20140525_214240.jpg

10 weeks? :thedoubletake: and the clones are only that big? holy crap! :straightface: gives me much more hope for the 5 that i have left that i cut on the 07/03, almost 3 weeks ago! Even more hope for the 5 that i took the other night as per TheCapn's cloning method.

Either way, I'm here til the end buddy!

*grabs chair and sits down*

:popcorn:

On to the pesticide !

My first grow was 99% organic.

These gnats scoff at my diotomaceous earth.
They crawl on it.
They multiply.
Verily though my sticky potions have conquered hordes of flying beasts,
they doth mock my crushed sea shells of antiquity.
An alchemist from the land of Lowe's hast sold at small price a six fold packet of crushed poison to float in mosquito breeding lakes.
In consultation with the king, he revealed the magic of converting this poison into a tincture for the eradication of under ground gnats.
Though I have not perceived these underground gnats, I must trust the wisdom of earlier times and proceed apace.

The tincture has strengthened in the bowels of my dungeon under the influence of the moon and planets.
May the goods of antiquity and the purveyors of "science" bless me and devour this scourge upon the plants of Lady Mary Jane.

20140722_185503.jpg

Subbed. :popcorn: Woohoo! One of the first three! :yahoo:
I liketh the way you write Rado. :laughtwo:

Yay for new seeds!

i have 15 of 20 either cracked, taproot exposed, in rockwool, or forming its first true set of leaves. These seeds that came from my first grow are surprising me. I also aerated a water, aquashield and Subculture-M mini tea for about 24 hrs before soaking my paper towel. have done the same on all the rockwool too. So far, great results!

good luck on the new beans!

Yay for new seeds!

i have 15 of 20 either cracked, taproot exposed, in rockwool, or forming its first true set of leaves. These seeds that came from my first grow are surprising me. I also aerated a water, aquashield and Subculture-M mini tea for about 24 hrs before soaking my paper towel. have done the same on all the rockwool too. So far, great results!

good luck on the new beans!

I'm following your grows Greenthumb j:green_heart:

I had poor results with my first beans (7 for 18) and was in a funk over not knowing how to plant that I asked my wife to decide.
She dropped them in water and said, get some soil ready.

Silly me. I couldn't leave them alone after she floated them on water, so late last night I broke the surface tension.

Since I officially invited in my other journal - Welcome, Greenthumb J
I have enjoyed your calm, competent grow journals and pleasant posts. Thanks for joining us.

Welcome to KingJohnC, Staff Writer and tireless supporter and encourager of new less experienced growers.
Your wealth of knowledge is truly appreciated. Thanks for all the support.

Welcome SoilGirl. As a newer member, I've been enjoying getting to know you and your unique style.
If I had a better memory it should include why I enjoy your posts in various journals, but let it be said, I do enjoy them.

Welcome BigJack. I wish I were half as adventurous and skilled. I see recirculation top flood and autoflowers in my future.
I watch your grow journal to gain confidence and knowledge. Thanks for taking the time to watch mine :)

I tried soaking my beans on first grow in PH balanced water. Took much longer than this method i am trying now. I am using my old method of seed sprouting tho. I used semi clear tupperware containers that are just open a crack to allow the slightest fresh air transfer. I used to have them in darkness, inside a rubbermaid tote, hovering overtop the baseboard heater for added heat. Have read a very small amount of heat will speed up this stage.

well this time no heat, and in 3 days from putting seed in paper towel, i have cotyledons!

I really hope your seed germination attempt this time goes much better. You should get your hands on some Aquashield and some water soluble mycorrhizae. Capn germinates with Gen Hydro's Florablend (not a myco) and Aquashield. introducing beneficials early on helps build a strong vigorous plant and helps with germination rates. then get your hands on some more beans and practise your germination method.

For me personally, i'm not liking cloning. At least not in rockwool. I want to make a DIY little bubble cloner, and a small aero cloner and try cloning in water or mist/fog. I think i would have more success this way. Otherwise i gotta be really good at germinating seeds, cause i wasn't able to manage to learn to clone efficiently!!

Anyways.. bed time for GreenThumb. got a small update coming when i wake up. The GF made a :420: account ! shes going to start a grow with me once we have the 8'x8' monster tent:rofl: set up. Shes going to grow an OG kush! I'm very excited for her!

Take care Rado!

I tried soaking my beans on first grow in PH balanced water. Took much longer than this method i am trying now. I am using my old method of seed sprouting tho. I used semi clear tupperware containers that are just open a crack to allow the slightest fresh air transfer. I used to have them in darkness, inside a rubbermaid tote, hovering overtop the baseboard heater for added heat. Have read a very small amount of heat will speed up this stage.

well this time no heat, and in 3 days from putting seed in paper towel, i have cotyledons!

I really hope your seed germination attempt this time goes much better. You should get your hands on some Aquashield and some water soluble mycorrhizae. Capn germinates with Gen Hydro's Florablend (not a myco) and Aquashield. introducing beneficials early on helps build a strong vigorous plant and helps with germination rates. then get your hands on some more beans and practise your germination method.

For me personally, i'm not liking cloning. At least not in rockwool. I want to make a DIY little bubble cloner, and a small aero cloner and try cloning in water or mist/fog. I think i would have more success this way. Otherwise i gotta be really good at germinating seeds, cause i wasn't able to manage to learn to clone efficiently!!

Anyways.. bed time for GreenThumb. got a small update coming when i wake up. The GF made a :420: account ! shes going to start a grow with me once we have the 8'x8' monster tent:rofl: set up. Shes going to grow an OG kush! I'm very excited for her!

Take care Rado!

My rockwool record is 15/15 cannabis, 6/8 ivy, 0/8 willow.
(The willow tree was old.)

My issue with these clones is I had lights on all night and sunshine in a basement window.
They were sleep deprived.

Now growing under actual 18/6 cfl.

With gnats ---- ugh.

Cannabis is a type of plant that male to female germination rate is also temperature dependent. Higher heat results in more male cannabis plants. I would not use heat when germinating cannabis seeds.

When I germinate seeds I use a matchbox lined with about 320 sandpaper to shake the seeds in for a minute, it scrapes the sides of the seeds to aid in moisture penetrating the seeds shell.

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_001.JPG

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_003.JPG

After having germination issue with Jiffy peat moss pucks and soil I switched to Rapid Rooters and have had much higher germination rates. Rapid Rooters seem to provide the seed with the perfect amount of air and moisture. I soak my seeds in pH adjusted water for 30-36 hours or until i see tap roots. I cut the Rapid Rooter mat into individual squares then I soak the Rapid Rooter squares in pH adjusted water for 15 minutes before use. Then I place the seeds tap root down into the Rapid Rooter square then place them underneath a light with 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. I do not use a humidity dome. I hand water with a syringe each day to keep the Rapid Rooter square moist. when I see roots emerge from the Rapid Rooter square I transplant to 5" pots in a mixture of peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae.

https://generalhydroponics.com Rapid Rooter

https://www.perfectgardens.com gh rapid rooter mat 98

Back
Top Bottom