COorganics - All Natural - No-Till With ACT's - Winter Attic Grow

I was bored without a grow journal going. They are fun and a great way to keep track of the grow. This journal will run through next spring. I hope to be able to run a bunch of strains and finish my last crop up by sometime in May, as I have determined it is impossible to do a summer attic grow for me. Right now everything is sitting unused in attic growroom, just waiting. I am operating a veg room downstairs in my house. Just getting plants ready for flowering. I like to grow them big, wide, and short. I employ various training methods at different times and with individual strains. Flowering will begin in the middle of September when the outside day temps mellow out. I'd have to say I'm happy to take a short break from the perpetual.

The meat and potatoes:

What strain is it? Jack Herer, Wild Thai, Bubblegum, BigBudXSourDiesel (BigSour)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? Various
If in Flower stage... For how long? Begins in mid September
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Custom, will go into detail soon...
If soil... What size pot? 10 gal for flower
Size of light? 2X 600w for flower, t5 for veg
Is it aircooled? Could be
Temp of Room/cab? Veg: 70-80
RH of Room/cab? Veg: 30-60%
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ? Fungus gnats
How often are you watering? As needed
Type and strength of ferts used? I will soon describe

A few folks who know me on here know I'm big into the Rev's True Living Organics style of all natural organic container growing. I love it. The Rev is the dude. Microbe Man, Tim Wilson, is also a great source of information. I read anything either of these guys write. When they actually are using microscopes, you know they mean business.

I'm building my 10 gal flowering containers like I always do (to start this off), TLO style with layers and spikes.
What will be different though is I won't be disturbing the soil anymore by recycling it. I'm going no-till and planting a new plant right into the container. After extensive reading this feels like the right way to do it. A lot of it has to do with fungal hyphae. It's also gonna be a bit simpler, which is always good. The plan is, to harvest a plant, cut out immediate rootball, transplant a new one in, re-spike, top dress, mulch and good to go. Mellow teas and pure water from there till harvest, as needed.

A few links to help anyone interested in learning what I'm up to:
My last journal: COorganics - RockyMtnHigh - Perpetual - TLO stylie. Has info on layering and spiking containers

My soil building thread: Building soil from scratch and on the cheap!
This is the soil I'm using for this current grow

Microbe Organics (Tim Wilson) : Microbe Organics
Absolutely great info on living soil, microbes, compost teas, everything that makes an organic grow shine

Pictures, ACT (compost tea) recipes, Spike Mix recipes all coming up next. Probably not today. Expecting it will take a minute for folks to find my journal anyway.

Welcome to the journal :420:

Picture of my current veg set up:
image12564.jpg

A few older pics of attic flower and veg rooms and a couple plants/buds I grew:
image6074.jpg
image6141.jpg
image7533.jpg
image7527.jpg
image7531.jpg
image8095.jpg
image8089.jpg
image8343.jpg
image8820.jpg
image9002.jpg
image9016.jpg
image10094.jpg
image10426.jpg

Veg Spike Mix: Yield: 6 cups
2cups Blood Meal
1cup Steamed Bone Meal
1cup Mexican (high N) guano
1cup Feather Meal
1cup Kelp Meal

Method:
1): thoroughly combine all ingredients.
2): store in a Tupperware or ziplock in a cool, dark, dry cupboard.
3): to spike container, make a hole at the outer rim of the container, all the way down. Fill hole with spike mix.

Notes:
It is absolutely imperative that you only do spikes at time of transplant. You CANNOT put spikes into containers with established roots, this is the reason we spike the outside of the containers, away from the freshly transplanted roots. I like using 2 of these spikes per container, spiked opposite of each other at the far edges of container.

Spike ingredients can easily be altered here. I am copying the Rev. I'd love it if other folks posted possible spike mixes and why they would use each ingredient and why the amounts. Several ideas I had are: Spiking containers with Yum-Yum mix, and spiking containers with the 6-5-3 mix of rock powders.

Teas:
The teas I make are compost teas, specifically vermicompost teas. They are referred to by some as AACT's or ACT's. Please read the microbeman link I posted above and read the section on teas. This guy has figured out a lot and is sharing with us. An organic gardener would be wise to follow his wisdom.

I generally use this All Purpose Tea recipe:

A.P. tea
Day one:
teaspoon Mexican Guano
Teaspoon unsulphured molasses
Teaspoon kelp meal
Tablespoon organicare pure
Bubble 24 hrs (RO 1 gal H2O)
Day 2 ingredients:
Tablespoon FF big bloom
Teaspoon liquid Fish
10 drops CaMg+
1 cup FRESH EWC

Bubble additional 24 hrs and strain through a loose strainer, dilute with 1 gal RO H2O per gal tea.
Use immediately and stir while pouring to keep things mixed up and even.

This is a pretty bad ass tea. Within hours of application, the plants are always smiling.

I was bored without a grow journal going. They are fun and a great way to keep track of the grow.
No doubt! My journal is my Grow Log also. Thanxx for the invite Org. Take this :joint: and that with you.

Along for the ride :) I'm so glad you're starting another journal! I was bummed about your last one ending. :Namaste:

In for the ride :lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom