The Beginning Has Begun

dustypropcrop

I've just got my seeds started,6 × skunk #1 and 1× special kush.I'm hoping and praying they all take but I'm prepared for some dissapointment.I'm using john innes no 1 potting soil mixed with perlite.I will work out the amounts the mora but probably about 15-25 % perlite,rest soil. Right here goes,I've just put my seeds into some look warm water from the kettle(cooled down of course).only 1 seed has sunk?I'm only leaving them in water over night(to soften the shell a bit and wake them up)then its into polystyrene cups with the mix and into my tent with the light on for temprature purposes. I will start my grow journal tomorrow,look forward to keep you up to date with my progress.peace out.

Re: the begin has begun

image12835.jpg

Here is my soil,perlite mix.I filled the cup about 3/4 with soil(7 times cause I'm using 7 cups) and filled a cup 1/4 with perlite,7 times.mixed both together with hands then put the mix in the cups.easy.

Once filled with the soil n that,water till there's run off through the drainage holes.make a small hole with the end of a pen about a 1/4 inch and put my seeds in and away wean to(hopefully,lol)
Will keep you updated on how many sprout. Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

This is were my babies will hopefully grow to be beautiful ladies.
I'm a bit concerned about the tempareture,I've got it down to 32 celius but feel this is still a bit too hot.is it possible to keep the light off at this time?

I think 32C is a tad on the warm side. A tip for you, I wouldn't try to adjust the temps with lights off, that's more a temporary fix. Add more ventilation, upgrade fan size, etc. when you start veg you can't turn the lights off cause of temps.

Can you post more pics of your setup? With the single pic I can't give you any good pointers.

My tent is just a small number,80×80×160. I too am very concerned about the temp,it was pushing 38 earlier at its warmest.I don't know much but I know that is far to hot!I'm going to purshace another fan so I can draw in some cool air.
I have opened up the door and managed to get the temp right back down to 30 but since I'm still waiting on germenation,I have turned the light off the moment.the temp has gone down to 27.5

I've been pure panicking incase I've planted my seeds too deep! I made my hole with the end of a pen and I think its more like a 1/2 inch rather than a 1/4.
I've since scraped away a few cm's of the top.if nothing else,it stops me thinking too much about it.lol

Just checked the temp in my tent,its down to 20 degrees.that's about 68.5 farenhite.I'm hoping this will not bed too cold?

That's about as low as you'll want to go to germinate. Cooler temps may slow or halt the germination process. 23-25C has worked well for me.

I hope you get the heat and ventilation sorted soon. I'd love to help if I can. The delicate seedling may not tolerate extreme temperature swings well.

What is the ambient air temperature you are drawing into the tent? If the room is very warm it will be more difficult to lower the tent temp.

Nice progress so far!
/Obi
:Namaste:

Is that a 4" inline? And what size light? I'm guessing it's a hid fixture, looks like you have a hps bulb in from the pics. Veg stage you would want to go with a mh.

As far as planting too deep, I think your having "first grow" symptoms lol. They will sprout, give them time. It's all a waiting game. I'm subbed, will try to keep a check on the ladies

Awe man,I've had the light on all day and the tent door open to keep the temp down.its sitting about 30 degrees celcius.the soil is nice and warm and the condensation has built up on the cling film.this is only the 2nd day but I'm anxious.lol

Flyinhigh,yeah its a 4" buddy fan and 400w hps light.got the full package for a not too much. It fits in my cupboard very well.the air that's getting drawn in is just from outside the cupboard.I'm gona get another fan set up asap for pulling cooler air in cause when its all zipped up,the temp was pushing 100 farenhite!

You could try disconnecting the carbon filter since it isn't necessary right now. It would be a good test to see if the additional unrestricted air flow helps with the heat extraction. Is the fresh air intake fresh? Is air coming into the tent at the bottom and being extracted at the top? Would there be any risk of recirculating exhausted air right back into the grow room creating kind of a closed system?

Cheers,
/Obi Wan
:volcano-smiley:

Hey obi wan,the force is strong you!am guessing that you mean disconnect the carbon filter but still have the fan on to draw the air out?thats what am gonna try when I get back indoors.thanks for that.
I'm venting my warm air out the top and out a small gap above the door.its like a kinda glass panel thing with a 1/4 inch gap.the air I'm blowing in is just air from outside the cupboard.im leaving the cupboard door open so it's a bit cooler and I've sat my fan outside the tent blowing the air in and about the tent.ive got the temp down the 30 this way but I defo need another fan to pull air in when the tent is shut
Thanks for your knowledge

dustypropcrop, you're definitely on the right track.

You are correct, I meant to suggest that you run the ventilation system without the filter to see how it affects the temperature in a closed environment.

I'm still new to the game myself and hope I don't come off as all knowing, lol. I ask a lot of questions in hopes it might spark an idea or lead to a simple solution. I can often get so focused on one thing that I overlook simple details of another :)

Green vibes and happy growing,
/Obi
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom