The Wilde Side - Perpetual Grow 100x3W TopLED & 150W HPS with CFL Booster - Soil

JakeWilde

Heya Everyone,

I've already learned a lot in a short amount of time while growing indoor. The site and all the patrons have helped me a great deal. Even though my harvests include some monsters in the 80's, growing indoor has come a long way for the casual grower but heavy smoker like me. I am in CO. and weed is pretty frequent and inexpensive for me here, but I want to learn and I'm having a blast doing it.

I have a couple of OG Cheese already in another journal and would like to keep it separate from this one as it is my first indoor and I've learned a ton since starting even though I have a really long way to go to know what I'm doing with any competence.

The grow will go as follows.

2 - 2x3x5 Geneva Barns grow tents.
1 - 16"x16"x48" Grow Labs tent for clones, seedlings.
1 - 100x3W LED light from TopLED
1 - 150W HPS w/ CFL boosters
4.5 gallon pots will be used.
General Hydroponics suite of nutes.
Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil

Most everything is here and I'm waiting on seeds from Herbies. I'm clearing stuff out to install everything to its proper place. My Manx cat isn't helping at all either! I need weed because of him! hehe

I will post seed specs soon of the Auto Candy Kush.

Here are some setup pics of the cloner tent, the 100x3W LED from TopLED, cat(damn him) and 2nd tent pre-build.
setup214.jpg
setup311.jpg
setup410.jpg
setup117.jpg

Re: The Wilde side! Perpetual grow 100x3W TopLED and 150W HPS with CFL booster-Soil

I'm in always interested and always learning. Good luck. I have the 96x3 reflector in my cabinet for flowering and the plants are doing great week 2 of flowering is just starting.

Re: The Wilde side! Perpetual grow 100x3W TopLED and 150W HPS with CFL booster-Soil

Thanks a lot Tropical Thai, Catman12, OutdoorFrank, and SBG. Glad to have you guys along and ready to have you pitch in all the times I'll need a heads up. hehe

I didn't list my cloner on the op, but here is the cloner and a shot of it as it just fits in its cloner/seedling tent. Also, I put together the 2nd big tent(2x3x5) and will be moving stuff for its final home in an open closet.
cloner110.jpg
cloner23.jpg
setup71.jpg

I'm all set up with only a couple things left that are coming tomorrow. I am just missing a couple odds and ends such as a tent fan, some fasteners, and loupe. I have air an pump coming for my 10 gallon tote water reservoir. I want to keep a larger amount of water evaporating chlorine. I'm hoping the seeds get here today or tomorrow also. I'll post again after I'm underway with the seeds being germinated.

Preliminary info on Auto Candy Kush:

Type: Indica/Sativa/Ruderalis
Height: 50cm-60cm
Harvest: 65-75 days from seed
Stone: Intense body stone
THC: High

Pics are of the open closet with one of the 2'x3'x5' tents and the 16"x16"x4' clone tent. Install of tent equipment is done.
setup118.jpg
setup101.jpg

Pull up a chair sir!
I just mega-cropped 12 clones and put them in my Clone King. These OG Cheese plants are from a CO. dispensary with this being my first set of clones off them. I'll trim them up a bit more later.

I have used the Clone King once before with 6 clones and all of them survived. I am crossing my fingers that I get a few good ones.

Edit: I filled the cloner with two gallons of water with a ph of 6.5 from my 10 gallon tote.
clonep1.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm hoping I can put quite a few hours into growing before the wife and I buy our small farm in a couple years. I want to turn myself into at least a competent grower besides learning plant traits that will help me with a big garden later on the farm. I grew up on a farm and can grow anything, but I'm no expert for sure and I need to learn a lot still. I worked as a lead boss of a landscaping and nursery company for much of my young years before I got into computer programming all-in and that helped me learn quite a bit also.

I'm really wanting to try a bunch of different styles of growing and different strains. I am currently wanting to become a solid soil grower, but I do want to change to a hydro system later after I feel comfortable growing in soil.

Update: I bought two 5 gallon Smart Pots for the next grow. I also got a net that has the netting spaced too far to scrog my small space. I'm going to buy new material for the scrog on Friday. I will be training heavy and scrogging the Auto Candy Kush.

The clones taken from the OG Cheese yesterday are showing a leaning to the light immediately and standing tall.

I found a netting online by a specific net maker with 2" x 2" spacing so I bought 3' x 25'. That gives me quite a few scrog nets for future use in both tents. I am all setup and just waiting for the seeds to pop to get them in some cups and under the LED.

Auto Candy Kush and philosophy - A good match :Namaste:

Now, I'm not back home yet, but I'm ready to go to germination when I get back. I want to have the seedlings under my CFL for the first week or so but everything I've read says don't transplant Autos. Put the seeds in their final pot.

What do you think? I want to learn from others before me, but I doubt the capability of my LED to be effective for young sprouts. I feel CFL is better. What do you think? Risk the first week under the LED or risk transplant.....

:nomo:

LOL love the coffee drinker on his PC.

I was going directly to their final smart pots after they crack. A little of the lesser enriched soil dead center to ward from the FFOF nutes. I was going to use the LED, I haven't seen anything negative on bringing the seedlings up under an LED. I am going to look into it more though. I have some free CFL's available to use them if needed.

I'm a little late, but really wanting to watch how this one go's

Back
Top Bottom