The G8-600 - Doc Bud Tries LED Again

Hi friends!

Well, I had such a great time on my first LED grow that I decided to make some changes and do at least one tray all LED. I'm fortunate enough to have some really great lights to choose from and I chose Dorm Grow for several reasons:

1. They are full spectrum, including UV and Infrared.
2. The company is from Glendale, CA.
3. Their customer service is fantastic
4. I had great success with their G8-450 light on my first attempt at an LED grow ever.

So, here we go!

I've got 2 G8-600's along with two 90 watt red UFO's covering a 3x6 tray.

Picture_001264.jpg

Picture_002259.jpg

Picture_003260.jpg

Picture_005242.jpg

Picture_006222.jpg

Picture_007203.jpg

Picture_008180.jpg

Picture_009183.jpg

There are 4 Grape Apes and 4 Purple Cadillac, each in 7 gallon pots of Doc Bud's High Brix soil.....except for one Purple Caddi that I've got in a 3 gallon pot just for fun. That particular plant looked at me wrong once and I almost made it into compost but then I decided to put it into a small pot to teach it a lesson.

What I'm going to do on this journal is try to grow the best plants I am capable of growing, using the G8-600 and a red UFO for the light source. I'll also be documenting exactly how much I'm feeding and spraying, so anyone who want to duplicate this grow should be able to do so.

Day temps: 78-80 with 1200 PPM Co2
Night temps: 67 degrees
RH fluctuates from 39 to 64. The 64 is only for maybe 30 minutes when the lights turn off. RH is usually right around 55%, but the high/low range is 39 to 64.

I'll update this thread regularly and comment on the lights, etc. as we go.

While I'm using my High Brix Blend for this grow (and every other grow too) please let's limit the discussion on this particular thread to issues with the LED, with the feeding schedule only there for information purposes.

High Brix Q and A will still take place on the High Brix Q and A thread!

:thanks:

Re: The G8-600.....Doc Bud tries LED again....

So, I'm using soil that has had 3 runs on it this time.

Yesterday, I transplanted the rooted clones, that were vegged under the G8-450 I had from last grow. So, day one of bloom is September 18th. Expected harvest sometime in mid-late November.

I coated the rootball with Roots!, a High Brix myco/rock powder/biochar product that has been tweaked for Cannabis growers. I popped the plants in the pots, watered with a normal strength Transplant drench....and here we are!

I might give them a foliar feed in the next few days....I'll update when I do.

Well now....Doc...those lites and your soil,are gonna kic serious resin bro!! A little note for future LED buyers Doc....I had a very good customer experience with Dorm Grow today. To make a short story,shorter....they are sending me a complimentary light (same one as ordered) because they didn't send out the order when they should have. I got a little pissed ,and in no time at all....the new one was allready on it's way! Very impressed to say the least! I really liked what the two red ufo's did for my MK Ultra last round, so i decided on another 240w G8 (bloom).It's great to have two on they're way instead of just the one ordered. Awesome indeed!:cheer:

Well now....Doc...those lites and your soil,are gonna kic serious resin bro!! A little note for future LED buyers Doc....I had a very good customer experience with Dorm Grow today. To make a short story,shorter....they are sending me a complimentary light (same one as ordered) because they didn't send out the order when they should have. I got a little pissed ,and in no time at all....the new one was allready on it's way! Very impressed to say the least! I really liked what the two red ufo's did for my MK Ultra last round, so i decided on another 240w G8 (bloom).It's great to have two on they're way instead of just the one ordered. Awesome indeed!:cheer:

They've been very responsive in all my interactions as well. They also very much value the growing community here on 420mag and will go above and beyond when it comes to service.

They've been very responsive in all my interactions as well. They also very much value the growing community here on 420mag and will go above and beyond when it comes to service.

Sooo good to here Doc. I like dealing with people who give a shit ,ya know. I feel that after Quality....customer service is a close second in many decisions to fork out hundreds....if not thousands of bones on new lighting.You know ,more than me the amount of growers "out there" thinking about making the switch to LED's is stagering,indeed. The market is so comp. and dynamic ,if you don't have not good...but great customer service, the world will pass you by so fast .....youl'e wonder what happened. Anyhow bro ,i'm more interested in your new tray ,and what becomes of them!! I'm goin for a stella!:high-five:

Whats up Doc?
Everything is looking good so far, I'll be following this one for sure,.

I'm subbed. I can't believe it first page. Looking forward to this grow.

Doc, I thought the new Roots! no longer required the Transplant drench upon transplanting?

Yeah, there's some terminology issues. Naming a line of products is slightly tricky.

We used to make a very strong Transplant drench called Transplant Water: 1 0z per gallon. 1 pint of that for each plant.

That is no longer necessary and you can just use a regular drench of 1oz per 30 sq ft now.

This will be a good comparison for me now that I have 2 90 ufos. The girls seem to be loving them tho. Im definitely at a toss up between platinum and g8. Now that you and curso are doing the two ill be able to make a direct comparison in regards to value.

This will be a good comparison for me now that I have 2 90 ufos. The girls seem to be loving them tho. Im definitely at a toss up between platinum and g8. Now that you and curso are doing the two ill be able to make a direct comparison in regards to value.

Hey Canuck....your gonna love havin two of the ufo's. They really seem to help pack on resin and bud size! G8 has managed to keep they're prices reasonable for their line up of LED's. I have two more 240wb's. on there way....can't wait to park them right beside my Budmaster 2 675xg, as it's my main light(thanks B.I.D., RIP). Doc...how big you gonna let this group get? Will you keep them in the 7 gal. pots ?....or up pot them to a little bigger units? Mornin bro!:reading420magazine:

Hey Canuck....your gonna love havin two of the ufo's. They really seem to help pack on resin and bud size! G8 has managed to keep they're prices reasonable for their line up of LED's. I have two more 240wb's. on there way....can't wait to park them right beside my Budmaster 2 675xg, as it's my main light(thanks B.I.D., RIP). Doc...how big you gonna let this group get? Will you keep them in the 7 gal. pots ?....or up pot them to a little bigger units? Mornin bro!:reading420magazine:

Good morning Duggan!

I'm keepin' in the 7's. That works well for me and I learned on my last LED grow that they don't need quite as much food and water under LED, so we should be good. These strains aren't huge stretchers either.

Subbed! Can't wait to see how this one turns out. I love LED grows. I've never done one but I would love to.

Subbed! Can't wait to see how this one turns out. I love LED grows. I've never done one but I would love to.

It wasn't 2 years ago that I refused to use LED, because I just never saw the results that can be obtained with HID. However, that's changed. The new LED's rival or exceed their HID counterparts and do so with a significant energy savings.

Put a tent in the corner of a cool room, add a panel and grow top shelf cannabis ANYWHERE.

I'm very interested in how this turns out, because my trays have to PRODUCE and everyone has a very high expectation of my product. They'll be upset if I grow crap.

Just the fact that I dedicated an entire tray in my grow space to LED lights is an endorsement in and of itself. I fully expect a repeat of my last LED grow, which gave me some top knotch produce.

Back
Top Bottom