TassieDevil's - Indoor - DIY - Bag Seed - What The Fluxing Learning Curve - Stage 1

TassieDevil

On Vacation
:welcome: Hello, and :thanks: for dropping in. :Namaste:

This first journal is about two things, learning how to apply what I know about outdoor growing to indoor, and learning the how where when and why's of the construction and management of an in door garden. Maybe, just maybe I'll pick up some genetic stock too...

This is going to be a steep learning curve.

The What:
I have hundreds of beans, literally. They are bagseed from some 10 years ago, and some more recent. I've been slowly using them but I've still lots left.

The How:
This is a test run for a DIY stealth germination and growing, scrog and fluxing technique side by side:)Namaste: LightAddict), DIY bubble cloner coming up, and hopefully a fully stealth, self perpetuating grow in two smallish cabinets :)

So, this is the learning stage, before committing myself to buying beans at A$20 each or more for the next journal - Stage2 :)

What Strain is it

LL - This type I guess is a Sativa dominant because of her long legs..at 5 weeks through to 12 weeks I have seen it put on a foot a week in height and half that in diameter....she's got long legs, hence LL.

O - The other again I guess is a Indica dominant, a smaller bush, lovely orange hairs, and a high sex drive smoke, hence the 'O' name...again no idea of what it is....we'll just have to see.

Growing Media and Nutrients?

DSCF3292.JPG

Soil is a bit of a buffer against human error - ie hydration and nutrient levels are more stable, ph is fluctuates less, and I feel it's less prone to wild swings in all these components.
I'm not going to claim an organic grow, as the nutes aren't technically, but I've seen it being made, and know the base stock, so do use it. I have only ever grown with it, so I stick with what I know.
FOR NOW :)

Mix of:
SeeGreen's Certified organic potting mix, perlite, propagating sand, blood and bone, dolomite lime. It's a visual and consistency thing...I dunno I do it by feel...it's roughly as below.

Potting Mix:perlite:prop Sand:B&Bone:DLime
100 : 20 : 20 : 1 : 0.5
In litres:
30 : 5 : 5 : 0.25(roughly 1 cup) : 0.18(roughly 3/4 cup)

Watering:
Rain water + Worm wee 50:50

Feeding:
Seasol Complete Plant food - a combination of their seaweed tonic and power feed. 7 : 3 : 1
Home made brew - comfrey + horse, chook, and sheep poo + worm wee
Flowering: Not sure yet?

Cabinet and grow room conditions?

DSCF3293.JPG

Yes, I can hear the laughter from the southern hemisphere.... :) This box, is so old, the light shines through it now. It used to run 3 22W fluoro tubes in another box on top, but alas they had a great weight nudged over and ontop of it last season by an inquisitive possum...so a quick make over to get the seeds sprouted and today an update, and re-pot to carry it forward the next couple of weeks....oh and 15 years, maybe couple hundred seedlings raised in it, so...back off! :)

Germination:
CURRENT: In Germination cabinet, well, tub, bit pretentious calling it a cabinet :)
2x18w cool white CFL claimed 1040 lumen each....not enough for the number of plants!

NEXT MOD: Addition of 4 x 18W CLF....like now...today even! :)

FINAL CONFIG: Integrated cloning/initial germ/initial veg cabinet. CFL/LED Combo

Vegetation:
CURRENT: NONE

UP COMING: Larger cabinets. LST techniques to suit shape of container.

FINAL CONFIG: Possibly a single cab.

Flowering:
CURRENT: NONE

NEXT MOD: GARBAGE CAN, and a drying Cabinet....

FINAL CONFIG: POSSIBLE HPS, otherwise....outdoor finishing can be achieved for the lucky few, or many dependent on how greedy I get :) ....presumption of success..... :)

Any Pests?

DO YOU KISS YOUR MOTHER WITH THAT MOUTH?>< :yikes:

I'm hoping for a lot of input. I want to try a few different techniques so will be looking for pointers, help, suggestions please!

Feel free to join in, stake a claim on the lounge

The :popcorn: :blunt:'s and :bong:'s will be passed around soon, so please take your time and settle in :)

I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I

:Namaste:

Re: TassieDevil's Indoor DIY Bagseed WhatTheFluxing Learning Curve-Stage1

2/8 Week 2, day 8

Hello, and welcome again, ok here I go with the rest of the pics that show where I'm at and today's DIY upgrade.

The Plants:
First off I pushed seeds to dirt 8 days ago today, 4 x LL 4 x O I work off a 75% germination rate with direct sowing. I'm looking for 3 of each.

I didn't have all my usual stuff, and due to rats and possums, and the fact that the season is well under way again, coupled with missing the last one....I just pushed the beans in and chucked a couple of CFL's on top... :)

I don't sprout. I direct sow into 1" native tubes to keep the tap root growing long....outdoor growing technique.

The first beans I had a hand moment, and dropped em all at day 4. :oops:

4 weren't disturbed, and survived the re-potting to 4" pots. They are now at day 8.
I don't re-pot if the roots get disturbed at this stage, with these seeds, it's not worth the effort.

DSCF32871.JPG

I put another 4 to soil. So these are at day 4 since sowing. One had an undeveloped root, so it got tossed.

DSCF33001.JPG

Today I've re-potted those early, to get them at roughly the same height to the lights as all the rest.

DSCF3304.JPG

DSCF33061.JPG

DSCF33071.JPG

Time, Temp and humidity conditions at repot, also a look at the plants...2/3 of the seed capsules have come off
12:12pm

DSCF33112.JPG

And an hour and a bit later, and they've all recovered and starting to stand up again. :)

DSCF33142.JPG

Hello tassie ...... i actually like box :) no laughing from me.
Hoping your grow is a succesful problem free one... by the way hello from austria. A lot colder than taz lol im subbed :)

:cheer: ROFL and the crowd goes wild :cheer:

Hello MaccaMoo, Hello Austria and welcome.

Congratulations and thank you for being in Pole Position!

Yes, your lows are a lot lower than ours...and if you stand on top of Hintereisspitzn, a lot colder and a lot higher all at the same time! :)

There's an update coming in the next few hours, so please, relax, smoke if ya got 'em, if not, here's one of mine :lot-o-toke:

EDIT: ok I'm still smoking those, so here's one of mine :passitleft:

Hello LA, and welcome, thank you! :)

It's going to be....interesting I think. There's lots for me to learn, so hopefully there's lot's you're willing to empart :)

Attempting to finish off the lighting and new lid tonight, it's also time for first feed, so I need to pull my finger out :)

hey there mate im just over on the mainland from you so if you need knowledge on products local to our vicinity sing out :)subbed

Subbed brother, looking forward to see what the devil can do in tassie, lol

Awaiting your update Eagerly :)

Hey macca, I've had a daughter moment since I said I was going to put up an update....mmm so haven't put an update up....it's 1049pm australia, and the neighbours don't like the machinery going at this time of night...so I have to let it go.

On the bright side, the un-nattended germination box has remained at a stable temp 22deg and 46% :)

G'day Tassie, I'm subbed :)

Yay thanks mate, I appreciate your being here, and help :)

Subbed brother, looking forward to see what the devil can do in tassie, lol

Hey mate, I'm glad your here, yes, we will see....there's been a lot of talk from the two heads.... :)

hey there mate im just over on the mainland from you so if you need knowledge on products local to our vicinity sing out :)subbed

Hello indica, thank you, and a little helllo over the big Bass Straight to you mate.
It'll be great to get local input too...no offence to Northern Hemispherian's :)

Thanks all....and we're away.
As mentioned everything survived despite being un-attended for 5.5 hours...I thought it would, but...you know...there's no temp controlled fan or anything in there so if outside air temp changes too much....well...it hasnt so far, so I should stop worrying....

Its late, and my daughter has drained me, so the actual update will have to be tomorrow. Goodnight :)

2/9

PLANT UPDATE:

its just on 6am....was a hard night.

My little girl has an alergic reaction to a bite, and it's driving her crazy with itching and pain....we have cream n all for it, but, she's a little sensitive (fair enough), and I slept with her in the spare room so I could keep her from scratching in her sleep. So I'm tired.

Temps in the box 22.1 and 46% at 538am...every one looks fine

DSCF33201.JPG

The re-potted O's are all fully upright and open now

DSCF33211.JPG

I dunno how but my little box is always running just right....should I really update it when it works so well?
(I remember thinking the same thing with my first girlfriend)

Yes, because when daytime temps go up in here over the next few weeks anything in there will cook!

Cabinet/construction update in the next half a day.

Good morning 420er's and I trust this day treats you well :green_heart:

Oh and sorry about the picture focus, general camera work, the editing, all that....it'll settle down as I work out how it all works, and get a bit better set up. :)

:Namaste: Catman,

love to have you aboard, ummm I think it may be a little rocky this journey, but I'm in it for the long haul, so, the bumps often

make the smooth feel that much better! :)

Please feel free to comment, help, just talk if ya want.

Here :passitleft: enjoy :)

I got that already mate...we're older, so we've been there n done stuff :)

DSCF3322.JPG

Just thought I'd share...851am in the rainbow valley.

Daily, if not weekly...rain...sun...cloud...or none of those...regardless there's alway's a rainbow in the rainbow valley :)

Good day all :)

I got that already mate...we're older, so we've been there n done stuff :)

Yes. We've done stuff. And learned what bumps to listen to and what bumps to ignore (including people bumps :rofl:)

DSCF3322.JPG

Just thought I'd share...851am in the rainbow valley.

Daily, if not weekly...rain...sun...cloud...or none of those...regardless there's alway's a rainbow in the rainbow valley :)

Good day all :)

:party: Absolutely Beautiful :party:

Back
Top Bottom