Icemud's LED Grow With Advanced LED XTE 300 Series With EX-Veg 200

logoWhite.png

Hey everyone!!!!

I'm back with an all new and exciting test grow featuring the All new Advanced LED XTE series (300w model) and the Advanced LED Diamond Series EX-VEG. I was lucky enough to receive a sponsorship to showcase their lights in operation and I am very happy to be chosen and will do my best to show what these lights are capable of.

I have a few new strains I will be running that I have never flowered before, as well as some strains that you have all seen me grow in the past, so this should help give me an idea of the results achieved with these panels vs what I have produced in the past :)

Unfortunately I had to wave goodby for now to my V-Scrog, my plants were too big to put under the screen and train this run, but have no fear... the V-Scrog will be back in the future :)

This grow journal will consist of both of my grow tents.... I tent will feature 2x Advanced LED XTE300 series lights for flowering, and the other part will consist of 2x Advanced LED Diamond Series EX-Veg 200's.

So now for the traditional journal details:

What strain is it?
Flowering Tent: Grandaddy Purple, Purple Urkle, GSC, Ogiesel, Blue Dream, Churchberry.
Veg Tent: clones of all the above, plus black cherry cola, mystery og, university hills og, Harlequin, and still trying to get clones of my SFV OG to root. fingers crossed.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
These strains are all hybrids....

Blue dream: 80% sativa hybrid... Blueberry x Haze

Churchberry: The Church (northern lights x swiss sativa skunk x super skunk) x Blueberry

Grandaddy Purple: Purple Urkle x Big Bud

Purple Urkle: unknown genetics

OGiesel: Mass Super Skunk x Diesel x OG kush

GSC (thin mint)=OG (rumored a south florida OG kush) x F1 durban (Purple Champagne X Durban Poison)) ???

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Both tents currently in Veg, but XTE 300 series tent will soon be flipped to flowering.

If in Veg... For how long?

I don't keep track of veg times...

If in Flower stage... For how long?

Not in flowering yet, but very soon.

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoors.

Each grow tent is a Hydrohut silver edition 2x4' tent. Actual measurements are larger and each tent measures approx 2.5'x5'x7'

Soil or Hydro?

Soil.... recycled and reused soil.

If soil... what is in your mix?
This soil has been reused and recycled each grow so the amounts of each soil supplement are not useful as it has been a few grows since originally mixed. With this batch of soil, I did add about 30% more new pro mix and added about 30% new worm castings, plus some of the supplements to regenerate the soil "organic" materials.

I also was introduced to plant leaf recycling by Curso, and so I have started to take my leaves from current grows, and add them to my soil mix to break down... composting weed back into the soil :)

The Base Soil Mix:

ProMix HP
Worm Castings
Volcanic Pumice
Alaskan Forest Humus

The Amendments:
Make up 15% of my total soil mix
Azomite (trace minerals and micronutrients)
Calcium Carbonate Powder 97%
Soft Rock Phosphate (Collidal Clay with high phosphorus and CEC value)
Gypsum (Calcium Sulfate)
Crab Meal 2-3-0 23% calcium(also a P source and source of chitin a hormone/growth regulator)
Fish Bone meal. (3-18-0) 24% Calcium
Lava Sand (adds trace minerals and supposedly adds paramagnetic value to the soil)
Crab Shell Meal 2-3-0 23% Calcium
Kelp Meal (also has growth hormones and PGR's, plus trace minerals)
Alfalfa Meal. (2-0-3) (contains Trichontinol which aids in plant growth and health)
Powdered Humic Acid (Adds Carbons to the soil as well as trace minerals and aids in chelation of minerals)
Humboldt Myco's Maximum (Beneficial Bacteria and Mycorrizae Fungus)
Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulfate)
Greensand (0-0-3) (Trace Minerals)
Dry Molasses (1-0-3) (Energy for the Microbes)

If soil... What size pot?
My flowering Pots are 5 gallon plastic square pots...
Currently my Veg pots are 2 gallon round plastic...(as the plants get bigger I will be taking 6 of them and they will get transplanted into larger pots, the rest will be moved over to my 3rd (spare tent to keep going for the following cycle after this next one) Perpetual growing rocks :)

Size of light?
XTE_300w_Front_Angle_Photo_34514_1410917407_1280_1  280.jpg
screenshot-2014-07-16-02_25_06.png
XTE_300w_Back_Photo_69889_1410917474_1280_1280.jpg

[video=youtube_share;aB_tifHZ_LQ]
[/video]

Flowering tent I will be using 2x Advanced LED XTE 300 series LED grow lights.

[video=youtube_share;QGsI--7XK-Y]
[/video]
EGysYO4eze0GNENtky19gu3eu6lG6UsQ4yKDeE9LR5s_66005_  1410917357_1280_1280.jpg
XTE_Blue_SideAngle_med_01670_1410917410_1280_1280.  jpg
All_blue_spectro_19651_1410917578_1280_1280.jpg

Veg Tent I will be using 2x Advanced LED Diamond Series EX-VEG lights.

Is it aircooled?
The lights are cooled by individual fans to keep case temps down...
The tent is cooled by a 6" hydrofarm fan hooked to a large carbon scrubber mounted at the top of my grow tent.

Temp of Room/cab?
usually my ambient temps stay between 75F-85F

RH of Room/cab?
my RH typically stays right around 50% but sometimes (rarely) the winds come off the desert and dry the RH down to 10% or less.

PH of media or res?
I don't check PH..

Any Pests ?
Nope...none
I do use a few preventative measures to make sure it stays this way..
I grow high brix, so typically pests don't go for high brix plants.
I spray in veg with spinosad which pretty much prevents any pests from wanting to breed
I use yucca extract in soil and foliar sprays which also seems to be a great pest deterrent.

How often are you watering?
I water every day to every other day, only 1 cup of water for small vegging plants and 2 to 2 1/2 cupss of water for larger vegging and flowering plants.

Type and strength of ferts used?

Using foliar products including Bloomit, Amaze and PGR.
I also will be using Tand J enterprises tea and bio-minerals
about 1x per month I will be giving a soil drench of earthjuice

Other nutrients on hand include and may be used:
occasional additive include advanced nutrients: carboload, organic b, fulvic acid
occasional additives include general organics: bioweed, cal/mag, hydrolyzed squid, florablend tea, bioroot
bonide liquid fish 2-4-0...love this stuff!
SNS pest products for prevention
Spinosad by bonide

So to keep up the trend of doing the full unboxing review and testing, I did a video for each light type including unboxing, visual review, IR thermo tests, PAR testing and Kill-a-watt tests....

The XTE 300 Unboxing video...and photos...

[video=youtube_share;qrCBIHX8rh8]
[/video]

IMG_0001230.JPG
IMG_0002239.JPG
IMG_0003251.JPG
IMG_0004242.JPG
IMG_0005240.JPG
IMG_0006227.JPG
IMG_0007206.JPG
IMG_0008208.JPG
IMG_0009201.JPG
IMG_0015156.JPG
IMG_0017143.JPG
IMG_0001231.JPG
IMG_0002240.JPG
IMG_0003252.JPG
IMG_0004243.JPG
IMG_0005241.JPG
IMG_0006228.JPG
IMG_0007207.JPG
IMG_0008209.JPG
IMG_0009202.JPG
IMG_0010198.JPG
IMG_0011179.JPG

The Diamond Series EX-Veg 200

[video=youtube_share;JlURdEYaeMo]
[/video]

IMG_0018144.JPG
IMG_0019136.JPG
IMG_0020133.JPG
IMG_0021126.JPG
IMG_0022121.JPG
IMG_0023116.JPG
IMG_0024107.JPG
IMG_0025116.JPG
IMG_002699.JPG
IMG_0027108.JPG

So in my flowering tent I have 6 plants....

This is going to be fun because I have 4 strains in which I haven't flowered yet, that have been vegging for about 3 months: Blue dream, Churchberry, Grandaddy Purple and Purple Urkle....

I also have 2 "mothers" of GSC and Ogiesel that I have had vegging for about 5 months or more, so I am going to flower them out to make room for the clones I took of them, as well as get the plants more on a perpetual schedule.

The GSC was trimmed, cropped and topped so many times it began to grow like a vine along the ground in my 3rd grow tent, so I had to tie all the branches to bamboo posts to hold them in the air until they retrain their position and hopefully start exhibiting heliotropism again... (growing towards the light).

My Ogiesel is so bushy that it should yield really well, being that its root base is very established and it has been in veg for a long time.

I will be flipping all these plants to flowering after a week. I did some topping of all the primary meristems to help bush them out even more, so I am waiting for the new growth before flipping to flowering. I also wanted the plants to get adjusted to the new lights, intensity and spectrum.

I will be continuing my daily watering schedule as it showed me much better results as far as plant health over my last grow, so I pretty much will keep up the light nutrient feedings, compost teas and cal/mag water.

I'm pretty excited about using these new XTE lights that use Cree and Osram chips. From all my reading, using better chips typically leads to more light per watt used, (better efficacy) and also less color shift and lumen depreciation, so I am looking forward to seeing what these chips are capable of. The total draw wattage of my flowering tent is around 500w total. (each 300 is running between 240-270W) Another cool feature of the XTE series is the ability to manually tune the spectrum output. Each channel, red and blue have a dimmer knob that control the intensity of each channel. So I can shift in more blue, or more red, or dim the red if using for veg... so it gives flexibility to the panel usage :) nice feature.

I also have to say I already noticed about a 2-3F degree cooler tent over past grows using these lights. They run very cool, as well as have fans that blow a lot of air, but run quiet :) I definitely like a cooler tent :)

Here are my girls under the new XTE lights by Advanced...

Plant order in tent (Front left GSC, Front middle Ogiesel, Front right Purple Urkle) (back left churchberry, back middle, Grandaddy purple, Back right Blue Dream)

IMG_0012162.JPG
IMG_0013164.JPG
IMG_0014152.JPG
IMG_0015157.JPG
IMG_0016146.JPG
IMG_0017144.JPG

Here is my VEG tent with all my clones of all strains I have.

Currently I am only running each EX-VEG panel with half the diodes on. I don't need them at full power with the plants being so small still, but as they get larger and more bushy, then I will turn on the other half of each panel to give more light.

I am a big believer of full spectrum lighting, but I decided to try out the all blue spectrum out of curiosity to see how they grow my plants. Maybe I may change my opinion but I still believe that plants need full spectrum for full health so I am open to being surprised.

Here are the girls under the new EX VEG lights by Advanced LED.

IMG_0001232.JPG
IMG_0002241.JPG
IMG_0003253.JPG

Hi Ice,

Have been following your last 4 grows and you rock! Subbed, signed, sealed and delivered!:nomo:

Whats this first in, front row seat, hand me my pipe and I'll stay.

Subd:) looking forward to the results of the new lights. Congrats on your sponsorship:):)

Hi Ice,

Have been following your last 4 grows and you rock! Subbed, signed, sealed and delivered!:nomo:

Thank you everyone and welcome!

This one should be a fun grow with some new strains I favor, but haven't ever grown myself... Hopefully in a few months I will see purple buds matching the purple lights :)

Great job with the video and readings + reps

well it looks like we will both be running XTE-300 sponsored grow journals at the same time. you beat me by a couple weeks to start.

my panels were pulling about 251w avg also , all three pull 755w

one thing I noticed about the new XTE series is with the reflectors build in to the secondary lens hardly no light is wasted out the sides of the lens , most cluster panels the whole cluster lights up due to wasted light. the XTE series clusters don't.

:bravo: looks like we're the Advanced Led :420: sponsored growers so I'll be cheering you on all the way :)

got to see if I can get one of those extreme veg panels.

:popcorn:

shit Ice you know im in for this being an advanced user for a few years now
still going strong too I got a couple years more to save for new ones :thumb:
like how they run so damn cool too
hope you get the results I know you should with them

Subbed up for this one my friend! :)

Hey Light Addict!! Glad to have ya over here :) and welcome to my new journal :)

Just when I thought I didn't have enough tabs open on my phone... Here we go again... Excited!! :)

Haha... Hey JohnnyBlaze! Glad to have you present! grab a seat, some ganja and enjoy the ride!

The voice in the Ganja field.."If you journal it, they will come" :rofl:

I love that movie...haven't seen it in ages though :) might have to chock up and watch it this weekend :) The field of Greens! haha

I hope to get vegging at LEAST before you finish this one hehe.. In for the ride!

Hey Koncept! yeah they seem to move along very fast in the LED light... I'm glad you could make it over here :)

Great job with the video and readings + reps

well it looks like we will both be running XTE-300 sponsored grow journals at the same time. you beat me by a couple weeks to start.

my panels were pulling about 251w avg also , all three pull 755w

one thing I noticed about the new XTE series is with the reflectors build in to the secondary lens hardly no light is wasted out the sides of the lens , most cluster panels the whole cluster lights up due to wasted light. the XTE series clusters don't.

:bravo: looks like we're the Advanced Led :420: sponsored growers so I'll be cheering you on all the way :)

got to see if I can get one of those extreme veg panels.

Yeah I saw a while back you mentioned you would be testing/running them as well. I definitely can say they run very quiet, cool and are extremely bright... I was pretty blown away by the PAR readings I took. I have good expectations of this grow :) Lets hope they deliver but I am pretty sure with all the good rep and reviews I will be more than impressed. Glad that the 2 of us will be able to compare results and questions and such! Shoot me a link to your journal when you get it all going :) would love to watch too :)

Your Journals are always a good read icemud subbed in , and really like the youtube vids

Hey Oscart!!! Thanks for joining in the fun! and I appreciate the good compliments :)

Hey B A R! Welcome man!! grab a seat and get some medication on :)

Subbed. I just order the EX- 200 Veg for my veggies. I’ll be watching this.

Sweet..!! I have been using them for about 2 weeks now, and immediately after about 1 hour under the blue veg light, all the leaves lifted up and reached for the light like they were in celebration :) I wasn't too keen on getting an all blue light because I believe plants need all spectrums, but after just seeing in 2 weeks what they can do, I definitely am impressed... And these veg lights are extremely bright!!!

Back
Top Bottom