Unknown Strain Indoor 600 Hydro Grow in Perlite - Auto AK47 Indoor/Outdoor in Soil

Padox

Hi everyone and welcome to my new journal. At the moment im growing 1 unknown strain from a seed I got from a previous grow and an auto AK47 from seed i got from a friend.. One of my girls 2 years ago turned hermie and left me with only about 5 seeds. 1 sprouted and 4 never grew - not a start to be overly confident about but I know my hermie was due to extreme heat so im hoping the genetics don't carry on hermie... she has shown female preflowers as i expected being a hermie and ill be on the lookout for any signs of the hermie coming out!
Bit of history of how it all started (hydro).
Seed - personal seed grown from a hermie (hermie from stress not poor genetics), judging from leaves and growing experience last time i would say its close to 50/50 indica/sativa
Grow Style - im growing hydroponically in perlte.. same as i have in the past. I use a 20litre bucket with a hole cut in the lid and a 10 litre bucket sitting in the hole in the lid. The hydro solution sits in the bucket with an airstone (with airpump) aerating the solution and a pump pumpiing up to top feed the plant on top. eventually the roots grow through into the solution. (Will illustrate with photos)
Nutrients - currently using dutchfest veg and will use dutchfest bloom for bloom with pk13-14 in week 6 or 7 of flower.
Room - 1.2m x 1.2m x 2.1m fabricated grow room - standard oscillating fan, 150mm intake fan with 200mm exhaust fan sucking through large carbon filter during flower.
Lighting - currenlty using around 180w of coolwhite cfl's and fluros but will swap to 600w hps for flower.
Room is kept a dry 24c with an a/c

Automatic - Seed - AK47 auto(from friend, not sure of brand)
Grow style - I am growing in organic miracle grow with 15-20% perlite added in a 10litre pot.
Nutrients - Notusing any nutreints for a while but will be using seaweed solution and fish solution
Lighting - The most beautiful light of all (the sun) will be used as much as possible but my lights in grow room will be used from 530am - 730am and 6pm - 1130pm to throw some extra hours of light at her.

Im currenly 5 weeks from seed for my hydro girl and 3 weeks from seed for my auto girl. Will post pics in next 24hours to show alittle about my setup and plants and showmy progress so far.

Re: indoor 600w hydro grow in perlite (unknown strain) + Auto AK47 indoor/outdoor in

Hey Sphnx! thanks for joining in. Just been holidaying in your part of the world. What an absolutely fantastic part of the world!loved the place and the people.... and the availability of medicine he he he.

Re: indoor 600w hydro grow in perlite (unknown strain) + Auto AK47 indoor/outdoor in

Hey Sphnx! thanks for joining in. Just been holidaying in your part of the world. What an absolutely fantastic part of the world!loved the place and the people.... and the availability of medicine he he he.

It's great here. Slice of a stoned paradise :)
Although my girlfriend and I are most likely moving to Colorado in a year or 2, if California doesn't get their shit together.
And yet we might still move there even if California get's their shit together lol

Can't wait to see the pictures of the setup!

Here are a quick few photos to show whatim working with..
P1030594.JPG

This is my tent, currently missing the intake fan and carbon filter.. also just fluros to keep running cost down during my 18/4 light scheme
P1030593.JPG

My little AK47 auto. has been a slow start(especially next to hydro gal). hoping this next set of leaves brings on the rapid veg growth
P1030595.JPG

my hydro gal
P10305961.JPG

original grow pot with perlite sitting ontop of 10litre pot in bucket. Also the feeding tube that feeds plant for 15mins every 3 hours.
P1030597.JPG

My two air tubes running from double air pump to 2x small air stones
P1030599.JPG

P1030598.JPG

My little pre flowerson hydro gal... just keeping an eye out for balls once flowering!

I currently have a seed order from paddy seeds, going halves with a mate. if all goes to plan ill have white skunk to grow outdoors over summer, 2 whitewidow x bigbud to grow in room and 2 sweetskunk auto to fill in the gaps. fingers are crossed hard. tried for genetics 3 years ago to no avail.. hoping this time i get what i want

Great start man! I'm excited to see the results.

Good luck with the white skunk ;)

yeah man stoned paradise for sure ha ha. i had never tried a 'strain' before visiting cali. tried some of the best now.. AK haze, OG kush, GDP, blackberry kush +++.. what memories! not to mention, all smoke aside,, golf in palm springs, fishing in diego, venice beach, highway 1 .... WOW. cali was so amazing. loved the canyon and vegas.. New york too busy but with a magic all of its own but cali, cali was us! Will be back to themightly USA!

It's gorgeous here. It's sad, people live here and don't go to the mountains, don't enjoy nature. They don't even realize what's around them.

I'm not a fan of NYC. Some of the people were nice, but the city was way too chaotic for me. Mad anxiety the whole time.

Yeah mate similar forus, didnt help we stayed in times square! he he.. Yosemite was amazing, you guys knlw how to do citys but you have crazy good nature too!! my favorites were the views from highway 1, yosemite and of course the grand canyon. peace man!:peace:

Obviously not a huge deal has happened in the last 24 hours although amazing what hydro can turn out, couple of extra sets of leaves but nothing worthy of a photo update. checked ph today, sitting at 6.2 .would prefer a little lower but not worth adjusting. i dont check ppm, i just make up a new 15 litre solution once a week. Ph tends to stay about right and i assume ppm stays okay due to this and past plants health. thought id show a photo of the girl that turner hermie and game me my seeds. She was grown in soil with a 400w hps in my shed in summer hence the extreme heat issue!
I think iv finally hit that point of growth with the auto AK. had similar amount of growth in last 24hours to what i had in the week prior. will wait a few days to upload pics, should be somthing worth posting in few days time.

P10206302.JPG

picture of the mum of my hydro gal.. disappointing quality but as mentioned before, extreme heat issues.. hoping she provides better smoke this time.. hoping even more these seeds come so I can grow some real stuff!

P10206262.JPG

same plant, just a littlemore mature

My package arrived! awesome!! thanks paddy seeds... highly recommend. From the UK to a land far away in 5 working days(seven days with weekend!!)

Time to update! These photos were taken on Friday, so that's about 5 days after the first photos. All is going well with the hydro. The AK auto was going great, looked fantastic when I went out this afternoon and came home to it half eaten by my dog... Managed to stick his head through the fence and munch on it. I still hold out hope for its survival but it will slow things down for a while and we all know you cant afford many set backs in the short amount of time you have with the autos. Im currently germinating a white skunk seed to grow outside. been about 48 hours with that but no split yet.
P1030600.JPG

A photo of the auto pre dig bite.
P1030601.JPG

Another
P10306031.JPG

You can see the female pre-flowers already on the AKauto
P10306041.JPG

The array of fluros im working with at the moment. the CFLs are 48w each and then the 2 double standard fluros. each of those are 2 x 18w (36w) so 168w all up I think.
P10306051.JPG

My hydro gal
P10306061.JPG

Her measuring 11 inches
P10306071.JPG

Hydro pre flowers
P1030608.JPG

The two together under lights
P10306091.JPG

Them in the tent

That's all my photos for now. Their a few days old now so will take a couple more soon including the dog bite. A quick question, any one have any tips on planting my seed once the little root shows out?
A final pic is of my grow last year. best plant to date
P10209751.JPG

Duuuude everything is looking great! Great job man

Time for an up date, ill start with the auto.. She is recovering from having all her leaves chewed off and has enough new leaves to start growing again. Hopefully this doesn't affect her size too much. I believe its about a 3 month auto so hopefully there is still good time to get some size to her. Just given her a weak dose of seaweed solution and fish emulsion. Going to clean my fish tank soon and was thinking this would be a good thing to water with. Anyone have any experience with this?
P10306102.JPG

P10306112.JPG

P10306121.JPG

P10306131.JPG

Secondly to my hydro girl. No problems with her to report. For the last week she has been on 50% flower nutes and 50% veg nutes.
on the sunday and Monday they went to 16 hours light. Tuesday, Wednesday at 14 hours, and 12/12 since Thursday. Might have noticed a little stretch and change in growing pattern but no flowers as such just yet.
P10306141.JPG

P10306151.JPG

P1030616.JPG

P10306171.JPG

P10306181.JPG

P10306192.JPG

P10306203.JPG

P10306211.JPG

Re: Indoor 600w Hydro Grow in Perlite (Unknown Strain) + Auto AK47 Indoor/Outdoor in

Time for an update. There have been no hiccups this time. ill start with the hydro, its now on 1/3 veg nutes and 2/3 bloom nutes and all seems to be going nicely. I had a fair bit of stretch so decided to tie her down, nothing too savage. She is starting to show good signs of flowering and will probably buy a 400w globe for the end of this grow, I feel a 600w is a waste for this plant. Ill fire the 600w up when I grow a white skunk and ww x bb when this one is done.
P10306223.JPG

P10306233.JPG

P10306243.JPG

P10306252.JPG

P10306261.JPG

Next for the auto AK47. all is healthy and she is getting 8 solid hours of direct sunlight from 730am to 330pm followed by 7 more hours in the tent getting what light she can working around the hydro girl. She looks very nice but is really not growing very quickly at all. I guess the shock of having her leaves eaten have slowed her down too much. Anyone think she will put much more size on? she is only 5 inches tall now.
P10306273.JPG

Her plot outside and one of her guardians in the background
P10306282.JPG

recovered and put new growth and leaves on but no rapid growth.. running out of time
P1030629.JPG

Flowering progress

Finally a snap of my clones im keeping in my shed under a plastic roof sheet and my new white widow cross big bud just sprouting.... my white skunk didn't germinate so thought id see how this goes instead. still have one seed of each to hopefully grow hydro indoors under my 600w HPS. None of my automatics came (split order)
P10306301.JPG

Re: Indoor 600 Hydro Grow in Perlite (Unknown Strain) & Auto AK47 Indoor/Outdoor in S

You have a bunch of beautiful plants man. They're lovin the cfls :)

Sorry about the auto! She'll make a full recovery don't worry :)

Back
Top Bottom