Sir Blunt's - TH Seeds - Organic Soil - Darkstar - Burmese Kush - Sage n' Sour

Sir Blunt

Strains- Darkstar (fem), Burmese Kush(fem), Sage n' Sour(fem), also a potential g13xhaze(reg) All from seed
Final Bucket size- 3.75 gal
Medium- organic soil blend: 1/3 each of composted alpaca manure, peat moss and perlite.
Nutrients & amendments- Espoma tomato tone and kelp meal, gardening lime and glacier rock dust.
Grow space- 4x4x6 grow tent
Lights - currently using 4ft 4bulb T5 in veg. Will switch to (2) air cooled 400w or 600w HPS for flower. (Recommendations on this please.)

My Grow Experience- 15 months of perpetual growing in a co-op with g13xhaze and a few others interspersed, all grown in promix and coco using advanced nutrients.

Current Hopes and expectations-
My hope is to simplify growing by foregoing the mixing of nutrients without sacrificing quality or quantity. I want to water the plants as needed with straight water alone. Maybe..., maybe I will use a "compost tea", but that will likely be in the future and only if the soil is lacking. (I had previously gotten to the point of taking care of 72 plants at the same time, mixing nutrients in gallon jugs. Imagine that. It took 45 minutes every other day just to water everything. Such a pain in the ass that I never plan on returning to. That high plant count also resulted in diminished yields because we just could not spend the time they required to thrive.) In addition to water only, I've decided to minimize plant count and use training techniques to increase yields instead.

After much research I found an organic soil recipe on the website "---------" by the poster who goes by the name "in the garden". *My only original alteration to the recipe I found was to use composted alpaca manure. But to be fair, I believe he or she does mention using compost. I'm just getting specific with the type of compost.

I chose organic methods for the simplicity of watering and also the supposed smell and taste supremacy of organic soil. This is my first time growing any of these strains except the G13xhaze so my expectations are minimal at the moment.

My ultimate plan and the real spice of this journal will be the taking of clones and attempting to top and supercrop them to the point where I can pull 200g per plant off 4 plants under 800w of light. I mean to take clones within the next couple of weeks as the plants are ready for it. 200g per plant is a slight stretch goal for me as the most I've currently harvested on 1 plant was about 7oz(196g), but it was off a high yield sativa that I didn't have to train that much at all. Otherwise the prime average before the decline was around 3-4oz per with 5-7 plants under 1-1000w.

For this immediate and initial grow I will be leaving the plants to their natural growth pattern to observe their tendencies. And I hope they will give me at least 3oz per, but I will be happy with 2oz per. I realize that isn't even close to my ultimate goal, but as mentioned, I've never worked with these strains or soil type. And without the regular addition of nutrients I really don't know what to expect. The only training I will likely use on these mothers is defoliation allowing light to reach side branches.

Current status- 4 weeks into veg.

What you've missed-
1.) July- I Went to a local farm and purchased composted alpaca manure that I had to shovel up myself. I got 6 large bags of varying ages of compost for $60. I then purchased peat moss, lime and perlite from Home Depot for $43. Lastly I purchased Espoma tomato tone and kelp meal along with glacier rock dust for about $40. In total I spent $143 for the equivalent of 4-5 bags of the large $60 promix bales. Easily saving myself $100-200 right off the bat on soil alone. Not to mention I won't be purchasing additional nutrients. (I had the whole line of advance. Such a waste I believe.)

2.) Sep.6, About 1 week before soaking and planting the seeds I mixed up my soil and nutrients and began to water as needed which was very little. This step is allegedly required in order to allow the nutrients to meld with the soil and be available to the plants.

3.) Sep.13, I soaked the seeds for 12 hours in bottled water then planted in solo cups filled with the same 1/3soil blend they are currently in, but did not have the tomato tone, kelp meal or rock dust added. I started with 2 seeds of each DS, SNS, and BK. Only one of each sprouted. All within the first few days.

4.) Sep 27, After about 3 weeks in solo cups I transplanted the seedlings into the nutrient amended soil in 3.75gal buckets. Before doing so, I cut the soil with more perlite and peat moss because it didn't appear to drain as well as Id like it to. Also, I didn't want to wait so long to replant but time was tight. Up until this point they had been in a closet while I waited for the grow tents. The g13 showed signs of magnesium deficiency and possible Ph issues. All others looked healthy.

5.) Oct.16, plants moved to grow tent.
6.) Oct. 20, few days ago I noticed what appears may be nitrogen toxicity on the SNS. (Fan leaf tips pointing down like claw) It is only the SNS that does this, but it lacks the dark green color I would expect with too much N.

7.) Oct 24. The dark star along with sage n sour have been the most vigorous growers. All of them stand about 1 foot tall from soil to main tip. Big fat healthy leaves on the Darkstar and SNS. All stems are very strong at this stage. I had a fan on them intermittently throughout the weeks. The Burmese kush was a slow starter, but is now starting to take off. All plants have started growing side branches recently. I expect to cut clones in 2-3 weeks. After roots have shown on clones I will throw all mothers into flower and cross my fingers for the results on those.

- Side note on the grow tent is how extremely well it holds moisture and humidity. The walls sweat.

I will not be adding any additional nutrients unless I notice a deficiency of some sort.

I have a soil test kit and will be testing for NPK and PH within the next day or two.
As soon as I learn how to add photos, I will do so.

Re: Sir Blunt's TH SEEDS organic soil variety grow. Darkstar, Burmese kush, Sage n' S

Update: Sorry there are no pics yet. I have plenty of them, I just can't seem to figure out how to upload them from my phone yet.

I decided to go ahead and defoliate a bit. These plants are all about 1-1.5 ft by my guess. The Darkstar especially, but all of them had really big fan leaves basically blotting out the light for anything underneath them. The leaves I took off were the ones at the top of the plant.

2 days later the side branches now exposed are showing really nice growth. I haven't had a fan on them in a while, but all stems and branches are looking really strong. And I'm not sure if it's the strain or the clipping of the fan leves, but the side branches seem to be growing up instead of out. Yet the whole of the bush is condensed with tight internodes.

Another note- The possible G13xhaze is likely not what I was hoping for. Based on the lighter color of the leaves and stems I'm guessing it is really a sour diesel plant. 3 of my seeds got mixed together. I knew one was definitely g13xhaze, though it doesn't appear to be so. Oh well, I'll gladly take what I got.

I watered them all with about half gallon. This soil holds the water really well. I haven't kept track, but if I had to guess id say I've been watering them about once per week. Also roots have already stayed to show out the bottom of the pots. Aside from a bit too much nitrogen, everything I looking really good. The nitrogen abundance is only showing on the Sage and sour. Otherwise everything looks great and I'm impressed with the soil so far.

Re: Sir Blunt's TH SEEDS organic soil variety grow. Darkstar, Burmese kush, Sage n' S

If you need help with the gallery, please check out the tutorial on how to post photos:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos. There is a post near the end that addresses uploading from smartphones.

I really appreciate that, somehow I missed that portion of the how-to.
But I'm still having problems uploading from my iPhone. When I get to the members gallery, there is no upload option at the bottom like the how-to describes. It only has the option to register or log-in. I've tried to login multiple times but it won't give me the upload option.

image15200.jpg
image15200.jpg
image15199.jpg
image15199.jpg
image15200.jpg
image15199.jpg

Still working on this photo upload process. Lol I thought I uploaded about 20pics.

Well what you see so far is a close up of the new growth on the Burmese kush (same pic more than once). I thought the lines were impressive so I took a photo.

Next is a pic of the Darkstar before I clipped any leaves.
And the last pic is the Burmese kush 2 days after clipping.

I will work on my camera and uploading skills.

3 photos up is the Sage n sour before trimming big fan leaves at top. You can see "the claw" slightly at the tips.

1st photo is 1 week after planting. As you can see I attempted to sprout a few more than I got. Maybe it's my method, but the ones tht did sprout are strong and healthy.

Last photo is a close up of light burn on Burmese kush.

Now I know the upload process. Things will be more organized hopefully.

The above pic is one week after clipping most of the large fan leaves off each plant. If you can't see, many large leaves have grown in to abundantly replace what I took off. All the side branches are shooting up instead of out. I slightly regret not letting them go their natural way, but with the T5 and the fact they can't grow that tall, I'm glad I defoliated. I really like the look of the branches. Nice and strong. All look healthy.

One note about defoliation; I have heard it is only recommended to defoliate healthy plants. Mine appear healthy and so I went for it. I took off a considerable amount of leaves from the 4 plants.

image15422.jpg

Side view, one week after 1st defoliation

image15423.jpg

Sorry this is upside down I need to figure that out now. But this is the second rnd of defoliation. The Darkstar is not yet trimmed for comparison.

image15425.jpg

Frustrated that I can't figure this out at the moment. But this is Darkstar before sideshot

image15426.jpg

Darkstar after 2nd defoliation

I wanted to take clones this weekend, but I should wait one more. So I'm just anxiously going to wait. The only dilemma is the Burmese kush looks ready to flower, (looks like slight stretching beyond what is ideal. But I have never grown this strain before. Only going off past plant performance.) but I have to wait for roots on my clones. So I may take clones of the Buku before the others.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is your grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom