SoilGirl's Indoor Organic Soil Medical Grow Journal - Mars II 1600 & Other LEDs

SoilGirl

Hi Everyone! - I'm finally ready to start my Indoor Grow Journal... keeping everything short and simple, of course. lol ;]

Before I get started I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here that has welcomed me in the last few months, and shared their great humor, compassion, and endless information with me. You guys rock. I wish I could meet you awesome people and actually get to know you in person, and share a few smokes/vapes along the way :) but I can settle for sharing our experiences here. :love:

Now, in this journal, I will be growing meds for myself and my family, and probably will share some with friends of mine. My Dad has Chronic Traumatic Encephalitis (a concussive brain injury, CTE), chronic back pain, blood clots that could become a pulmonary embolism, insomnia, all sorts of psychological disorders (Ie; aggressive bipolarism, depression, rage problems), and to top it all off, seizures. For him, I got a strain from Medicann called Blue Blood, high in CBD.

For myself, I'm not picky. If it tastes good and it medicates one way or another, I'm happy.

Some things I use medical cannabis for: anxiety, depression, nausea, headaches, pain, insomnia and general boredom.. lol.

My goal for this grow is basically to perpetually grow high quality organic cannabis through the winter and spring, hopefully never running out of buds, or keeping dry spells short, and sharing the ride along the way. I also want to look into CBD oils and ways to use the CBD for my Dad. Finally when time to go back outdoors comes, I want to have some established plants ready to go outside and force flower. I may or may not keep the indoor grow going during my next outdoor grow, we'll see if I can build up a stockpile of meds or not. I will be doing all sorts of LST/HST/possibly Fluxing, topping and fimming, defoling, hand training and etc. I'm all about manipulating plants to get the most reward :)

My only worry for this grow is that I won't have enough air cooling power for the rooms, and that they'll run too hot. Hopefully not.

Now, to the bullet points.

*What strain is it? So far I have: 1 Medicann Blue Blood, (their cut of OG Kush x a 1998 Blueberry of theirs) which they say to have 15-20% THC and 10% CBD, a 6-10 week flowering time, and medium yield.

I also have 2 Corleone Kush (San Fernando OG Kush cut x Pre-98 Bubba) going, seeds from a friend in NorCal, who thinks they were self pollinated or hermied (these seeds were from a plant he grew from a Cali Connection seed) 8 weeks flower, med/high yield...

1 Red Cherry Berry (BF's best skunk x old school California Indica) from the same guy. It could either be a self-pollination or it might have been pollinated by his hermie Corleone...

1 Ghost OG (a cerebral high OG pheno with lots of rumor and hearsay in its genetic history lol) from a seed I found in a bud from Trill Alternatives, Boulder CO about a year ago.

1 OG Kush from the Greenest Green's (Boulder, CO) Private Reserve. The bud I found the seed in was some of the most phenomenal weed I've ever had. I am freaking stoked that the seedling is growing. Their private reserve is basically their own back-crossed strains, that they sell above top shelf price because it is truly, truly, to-die-for, connoisseur level bud.

1 Euphoria, a clone left from my summer grow, from a seed originally from Trill Alternatives. I've looked up the genetics on euphoria on about a dozen sites, and got a dozen different answers, and Trill's budtender's weren't very knowledgeable so let's leave it at a tasty, citrusy but skunky, Indica Dom. hybrid that turned out to be top shelf meds, but medium yield. Here's that plant:
PA010006.JPG
PA0100141.JPG

PA090004_1.JPG
PA090002_1.JPG

1 Black Bubba Kush (Black Russian x Bubba Kush) clone left from my summer grow, from a seed originally from Trill Alternatives also. 8-9 weeks flowering time, up to 20% thc, high yielder. Here's that plant:
PA160002.JPG
PA0900052.JPG

PA160003_1.JPG

1 DinaFem Diesel (there's some speculation about genetics here as well, some say it is a Super Skunk-Mexican Sativa x Northern Lights-Afghani with a particularly diesel-fuelly pheno, some say it is bred from the original Soma NYCD, frankly Idk.) donated by that same friend from NorCal. 60-70 day flowering time, fairly mold resistant, high yield.

I'm sure I will also add some strains and maybe stop growing others as time goes by, I'll introduce and announce farewell as we go :)

*Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?Blue Blood - 70/30 Indica Dominant, Corleone Kush - Indica Dominant 80/20, Red Cherry Berry - sounds like its probably a little indica dominant but with good clarity from the skunk. My friend from Norcal who gave it said "it's a great daytime get-things-done high with indica mellowness." Ghost OG - 70/30 Indica Dominant, OG Kush PR - heavy indica, at least 80% if not more, Euphoria - 80/20 Indica Dominant, Black Bubba Kush - 70/30 Indica Dominant, DinaFem Diesel - Sativa Dominant
*Is it in Veg or Flower stage? All are either seedlings or just starting to veg.
*If in Veg... For how long? Blue Blood's probably been in veg 2 weeks now.
*If in Flower stage... For how long? ~~~
*Indoor or outdoor? I think the title covers this haha.
*Soil or Hydro?...and this
*If soil... what is in your mix? This is my formal declaration of procrastination, I'll cover this in a follow-up post very soon.
*If soil... What size pot? Basically every size up to 10 gallons. I have 4 10 gallon fabric smart pots, 2 10 gallon air pots, 1 7 gallon air pot, and tons of normal pots 7 gallon sized and down. For seedlings, a Solo cup or like-sized plastic container. I'll go more in depth as to what size pot for which plant as we go.
*Size of light? I have one Mars II 1600w LED and 2 Old Model 100x3w LED's from our sponsor, Top LED's. I also have one 240w Blackstar Hydro Flowering LED Panel, one 90w High Power GrowUFO from Sunshine Systems, one 125w fluorescent bulb with reflector, and half a dozen clamp CFL's.
*Is it aircooled? Kind of. There's two air conditioning vents in the garage, one inside the flowering room. Otherwise no, no fancy ducting or anything like that. I just hope it will be enough, along with the winter weather.
*Temp of Room/cab? Mid 70's so far
*RH of Room/cab? Fluctuates between 30% and 55% so far
*PH of media or res? pH is something I make a point of avoiding checking now that I'm all organic and know better. All I'm going to worry about is keeping my soil alive, so it can keep the pH under control by itself.
*Any Pests ? Random gnats, houseflies, and the random unwelcome UFO invader every once in a while. I had spider mites inside my ghetto fabulous clone dome, I'm not using it anymore so, hopefully they're gone.. I found a cockroach in the veg room too.. :O
*How often are you watering? Whenever the top layer of soil gets crusty and dry while my seedlings are still small. When they're older I use the first knuckle rule: if its dry to the first knuckle it needs water, if it isn't, it typically doesn't. Otherwise I just watch for a little slight droop that tells me its time to water.
*Type and strength of ferts used? Oh you mean that smelly gunky liquid stuff they sell in bottles that you have to mix in every watering? I also now make a point of avoiding those lol. All the nutrition my plants need to thrive is in their soil, being made available throughout the grow. I amend my soils and let them cook for some time, and use them in three stages like PeeJay does; seedling, veg, and flowering soils that totally pamper your plants for each stage of their life, naturally and organically. I won't need to do anything but add clean water, although I may brew a couple teas and do a few top dressings.

Alright now lets take a look at the grow rooms and their construction, I'll introduce the plants soon.

Before I get to the pictures lol, sorry for the old pics, you can tell which ones were from my phone and which were from my camera. I recently got a camera and I think eveyone here is happy about that lol. I wasn't much of a phone photographer as you'll soon see...

OK, grow rooms, I'll start at the beginning for those who didn't follow my summer journal. I have to use half of our 2 car garage as my grow space. This wasn't ideal but I needed to make it work so first things first, I had to make sure no light would escape and give me away. Colorado or no, I don't want to advertise my growing. And my garage door is a nightmare scenario for this... its so full of holes and cracks I just said there's no patching it and, first, I covered the whole thing (and several feet of wall around it) with a few layers of moving blankets, stapled and taped in around the wall so they will stay up. then I moved all the shelves and toolboxes and crap in our garage (did I mention I had to clean our full-of-junk garage out?) that had to stay in there against the garage door, its not opening any time soon so it's just another wall now. This gave me a pretty spacious area to grow... you can see the covered garage door and shelves in front of it in this pic:

20140825_093756.jpg

I later covered that with another layer of mylar where my veg room was walled by the garage door. No light leaks. yay!

The next step in blocking any light leaks was light proofing the door to the garage, and a window that was in the flowering room. There's cardboard under the tape.

20140825_094444.jpg

Here was the veg area before it got any attention, just a little spilled over mylar from setting up the flowering room.

20140825_093805.jpg

and here was the flowering room after the first day of setting it up.

20140825_093906.jpg
20140825_093918.jpg

To hang the mylar space blankets (lol hey, not all of us can afford those fancy mylar rolls!) I had to MacGuyver some cardboard to the ceiling with a staple gun, then tape and staple the mylar to the bottom of the cardboard. Pretty? No. But it will help grow pretty things, and that's good enough for me!

20140825_093935.jpg
20140825_093941.jpg
20140825_094410.jpg

To hang the lights I found some studs and screwed in some bike hooks to the ceiling. Then I did the same thing on the wall to use as an anchor, and a big rope to tie my Mars II 1600 (32 lbs!) up. Maybe 4 yo-yo's could hold that light lol, but 1, fat chance.

20140826_213622.jpg
20140826_213524.jpg
20140825_094005.jpg

To separate the flowering room from the veg, I used a similar approach to the garage door. I stapled in a bunch of moving blankets to either side of a ceiling beam that seemed like it was in the perfect spot to use as a separator, and hung them down until just 2 feet off the floor. For the last 2 feet at the bottom I stacked a bunch of flattened boxes against each other. then I put another layer of blankets on the other side to keep the boxes standing, like a sandwich lol. Then over the blankets went mylar space blankets. blankets on blankets, lol. And eventually a veg room emerged.

20140825_093811.jpg
20140826_213318.jpg
20140826_213243.jpg
20140826_213129.jpg
20140826_213036.jpg

20140826_213335.jpg

But the flowering room still was an empty shell for quite a while.

20140826_212957.jpg

After a while I got things straightened out. The flowering room got its mylar drapes finished so it is pretty much light proof, more hooks got hung in the ceiling and LED's and CFL's went up, and I gathered my electrical stuff to get the timers and extension cords hooked up. All that I needed was plants to fill either room up, which is what we're getting to now! I also got a new camera hahaha, here's the flowering room as of today.

PA2500012.JPG
PA2500022.JPG
PA250005.JPG
PA250006.JPG

PA250011.JPG

So the flowering room is rectangular, 11 ft. 6 inches long against the back wall, then 10 ft long along the outer drapes (there's a sink that takes up a foot and a half of that on one side), and is about 6 feet wide. The Veg room is a 5 by 8 ft. area.

PA250007.JPG
PA250010.JPG
PA250008.JPG

In these pics you can see how I'm using the garage door roller bar that was there as a beam to tie my clamp CFL's to towards the back of the veg room. lol. And well.. that's pretty much it for grow room set up, I have many more crappy phone pics of the whole thing but I will spare you guys them.

Now with no further ado, it's time to introduce you to the plants. (hopefully ladies!)

Here is.... Blue Blood #1! I didn't get any seedling pics of her, but she sprouted 9-23-14. Now she's in early veg, I also topped her twice very early. Signs of some kind of deficiency/issue, but I'm not very worried, I'm sure it will straighten out soon. BB#1 is the oldest plant inside so far.

PA0900012.JPG

PA250002_2.JPG
PA250001_2.JPG
PA250004_1.JPG
PA250005_2.JPG
PA250006_2.JPG

This is Corleone Kush #1!

This one is my little mutant, my first ever mutant. Maybe the heat during germination caused it. Dunno. Maybe she'll straighten out, if not I still think the buds will end up good... with any luck. The first cotyledons died early, but the tiny serrated leaves somehow survived, though it stunted it. In the first pic she is the front row on the right, dark green pot. Born (sprouted) 10-08-14

PA160005_1.JPG
PA2500032.JPG

ok... I'll continue on another post, that's enough for one lol. Like I said, short and simple.

:welcome::circle-of-love::volcano-smiley::passitleft::Namaste:

Re: SoilGirl's Indoor Organic Soil Medical Grow Journal w/ Mars II 1600 and other LED

now, introducing... Corleone Kush #2! - who also had early cotyledon death, perhaps because of the heat during germination, and an ensuing stunt. Now her first serrated leaves are dying barely before the next pair comes in, we'll see if it can make it, I'm optimistic :)
Born 10-15-14, in the first pic its the one in the middle.

PA160005_1.JPG
PA160008.JPG
PA250002_1.JPG

and this, is Red Cherry Berry! born 10-18-14, had a short vigorous stretch period, but then slowed down. Otherwise, no problems, a healthy seedling.

PA160009.JPG
PA250001_1.JPG

here's my little friend, Ghost OG! born 10-17-14, also had a short vigorous stretch period which slowed down, and otherwise has no problems. I like to see seedlings looking like this.

PA160006_1.JPG
PA250006_1.JPG

and, my other little friend OG Kush PR! (from the Greenest Green's Private Reserve) - born 10-20-14, but also experienced early cotyledon death (but this time instead of drying and falling off they turned pale yellow and shrunk) and a resulting stunt. This little one fought through it and is growing now though.

PA2500041.JPG

and, of course, my other, other little friend... DinaFem Diesel. ok... maybe she's not out of the seed yet, but her taproot is healthy beneath her (I'm confident this one is a she :) I just have a feeling, call it female intuition) and I'm sure she will make it. She has to lol. She's my last DinaFem Diesel >.< hopefully tomorrow her head will be poked further out of soil! we'll see, cross your fingers for me.

...isn't the tip of her seed pretty sticking out of the soil at least? :laughtwo:
PA250005_1.JPG

Now, back from the dead, Black Bubba Kush! - a clone off a clone of the BBK I grew outside this summer. So a 2nd generation clone. She got stormed by mites in the ghetto fabulous clone dome along with the Euphoria clone you'll see in a second and another that took the brunt of the assault and died, this little clone was 98% dead a couple days ago. All her fan leaves wrinkled, dried, yellowed, and died, and she only had 2 stubby roots and microscopic new growth.. but lo and behold, I left her alone a few days and there's a couple shoots of new growth. Awesome, I'm so glad to keep these genetics going. She's a fighter for sure!

PA250007_1.JPG

And Last, but not by any means least, Euphoria! - another second generation clone off the original outdoor Euphoria plant I grew. This one was best rooted when the mites attacked, so it suffered least. Still, all the old growth died, everything you see here is after the old fan leaves and new growth that got attacked by mites died and fell off. It's like she shed her old dead self and put on a new vibrant skin. :)

I love this strain, I can't wait to grow a few more plants from these particular genetics.

PA250008_1.JPG

well, that's it for the introductions..... Now Let's Talk Soil.

My style of organic soil growing is based largely on PeeJay's personal growing style, and his teachings to Reg and Dennise. 3 different soil mixes for the 3 stages of life, well amended and cooked with the intent not to add nutes as the grow goes on, just a top dressing here or there, and maybe a tea or two.

My Seedling Mix: 3 parts Sunshine Mix #4 Advanced/Organic, 1 part Fox Farm Ocean Forest, 1 part perlite, 2 tbsp./gal Yum Yum Mix, 1 tbsp./gal of Azomite or Excellerite, 2 tsp./gal Xtreme Gardening Mykos, 1 tsp/gal Xtreme Gardening Azos (and a top dusting where the seedlings will go into the soil or a root-dusting if it is a rooted clone) - and once the seedling has its first leaves I add a top dressing of Ancient Forest (alaskan forest humus/biocompost) mixed with Earthworm Castings (for the mean time they're from Wiggle Worm)...

My Veg Mix... well I am going to be mixing it up soon so I'll let you guys know. I'm sure it will be very similar to my Flowering mix, just with more N amendments, less P. Maybe PeeJay will even assist with that.

My Flowering Mix........ here's my most recent mix, and a post I did about it in my other journal:

"Hey everyone! Today is Soil Cooking day!! I'm getting ready to move all my vegging plants outdoors, and they desperately need new soil and bigger pots, they're all surely rootbound by now.

So far here is my mix, which I think is going to work out wonderfully for flowering. I based this off of PeeJay's homebrewed recipes (partially based off his own mix for himself, his mix for Dennise, and his mix for Reg all as guidelines for building this) This time around I omitted our homemade compost because I don't want to disturb it, there's fresh veggies and additives in there that need breaking down, not to mention fresh worms still adapting.

-10 gallons of Sunshine Mix #4's (a combination of SS#4 Organic and SS#4 Advanced)
-3 gallons of Fox Farm Ocean Forest
-1.5 gallons of Wiggle Worm EWC
-1.5 gallons of GH Ancient Forest humus
-1 gallon vermiculite (I know PJ doesn't care for this but I have some so why not)
-2 gallons coarse Perlite
*I didn't add any backyard red sandy clay because there's already some in the SS#4's, I just don't know how much - My dogs tore up my bags of SS#4 and it was spilled all over a part of my backyard. Took me an hour to shovel into a big Rubbermaid tub lol -.- I know I scooped up plenty of the backyard topsoil with the spilled SS#4.

Additives/Amendments:
-6 cups Yum Yum Mix by SoilMender
-1 cup Azomite
-1 cup Excellerite
-1 cup Jamaican Bat Guano 0-10-0
-1/3 cup Peruvian Seabird Guano 12-11-2
-1 cup Dr. Earth's Soft Rock Phosphate w/ probiotics 0-2-0
-1/2 cup Xtreme Gardening Mykos
-1 tbsp. Xtreme Gardening Azos
--- Watered with about 1 qt of rainwater w/ 2 tsp of Photosynthesis Plus Microbe Life - just to make sure there's a good inoculate and to keep it moist for cooking, remixed after watering --- then covered with tin foil lol - to keep gnats away. I'll let it cook for a week like this then it's transplanting time (I know I should do at least 2 or 3 but my plants need to transplanted asap - and I've been slacking until recently)

Here's some blurbs about products in my mix:
GH Ancient Forest (Alaskan Forest Humus) - "Ancient Forest is composed of 100% pure forest humus, no fillers or additives.
(35,000+ species of bacteria and 5,000+ species of fungi have been identified within)

This product has been produced by Mother Nature through the process of natural composting. Since the last ice age, forests have been growing and dying in the Arctic leaving behind accumulations of rich natural humus. When you use Ancient Forest to grow your plants they receive the full spectrum of natural materials that have accumulated over thousands of years of growth and natural composting."

I bought this Ancient Forest as soon as I read about it - I have a bit of a geology background, and something I learned was that places that experience glaciation and glacial melt regularly get amazingly rich mineralized soil/humus buildups. This is why in the next few hundred years, Canada is expected to become the agricultural center of North America, while the "American Bread Basket" is expected to dry up (well - the Ogallala Aquifer is almost already dried up...won't be long until Nebraska is sitting there scratching its head like " Crap.") as we approach our next Ice Age.
Ironic - right now, global warming (or climate change - but its the warming effect doing this) is actually putting off an Ice Age that should already be starting :eek: .... we are in quite a lot more of an environmental dilemma then most people realize... I digress though... lol.

Yum Yum mix by SoilMender:
"Yum Yum Mix is an all-purpose fertilizer and soil conditioner. It is a premium blend of organic and natural alfalfa meal, cottonseed meal, greensand, kelp meal, planters II, rock phosphate, humate and dry molasses. Yum Yum Mix is a rich source of major nutrient elements. Earthworms and soil micro-organisms respond to this natural banquet by breaking down minerals and organic matter into available nutrients for your plants. Yum Yum Mix is natural, organic and completely safe for family, pets, wildlife and everything you grow. It is free of animal products, petrochemicals, and sewage sludge. Vegetarian approved - no blood, no bones. Yum Yum Mix improves soil tilth, moisture retention, plant vigor, and stress resistance. Used regularly, it helps create a balanced pH and a naturally fertile soil. Perfect for growing all annuals, perennials, vegetables, lawns, trees and shrubs.

Ingredient Benefits
Alfalfa Meal: Nitrogen; Vitamins-A, B, E, carotene, thiamine, biotin, pantothenic acid, niacin, riboflavin, folic acid, choline; 16 amino acids, co-enzymes, sugars, starches, protein fiber
Cottonseed Meal: Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium
Kelp Meal: Nitrogen; Potassium; Vitamins-A, B, B2 , C, calcium, pantothenate, niacin, folic acid; minerals-barium, boron, calcium, cobalt, copper, fluorine, iron, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, sodium, strontium, sulfur, zinc; 17 amino acids
Greensand: Iron, Potassium, Silicate, Phosphorus, 30 trace elements
Rock Dust: Calcium, Sulfur, Magnesium, Boron, Cobalt
Rock Phosphate: Phosphorus, Calcium, Trace Elements
Humate: Salts of Humic Acid - improve soil characteristics and aids in releasing other nutrients to plants in usable forms
Dry Molasses: Carbohydrates, Sugars, Trace Elements - feeds and attracts beneficial soil organisms

Guaranteed Analysis

Total Nitrogen (N) - 2.0%
Available Phosphate (P2O5) - 1.0%
Soluble Potash (K2O) - 1.0%"

Dr. Earth's Premium Soft Rock Phosphate:
"Colloidal phosphate infused with seven strains of beneficial soil microbes. Contains Dr. Earth Superactive™ soil and seed inoculant. An excellent source of natural phosphorus and calcium. Provides both short and long term benefits. Great for feeding flowering trees and shrubs. Stimulates root growth."

and here's some links to reading about Excellerite and Azomite since I don't want to fill up anymore of this page with copy/pastes lol:

https://www.azomite.com/
https://us-rem.com/"

So that's it for soil for now.

Now I just have to decide whether or not to try a true indoor LA-style flux, or stick to other LST, HST, hand training, topping and fimming my plants like I've been, with random defol and other plant management. My style of growing is just a jumble of what I've picked up along the way, mostly from here :)

I think I'll call that an intro for now, I'll get the sig up, a link in my other journal, and invites sent to friends soon. :love: :Namaste: Thank you for joining me for my indoor grow!! :passitleft:

Re: SoilGirl's Indoor Organic Soil Medical Grow Journal w/ Mars II 1600 and other LED

Looks good!! I'm in, I love organic.

edit :: Those mylar safety blankets are awesome. So cheap and do an effective job!

Looks good!! I'm in, I love organic.

edit :: Those mylar safety blankets are awesome. So cheap and do an effective job!
Thank you and welcome DSXJ! :) I hope you will enjoy and participate in the journal! Whether you're questioning, learning, teaching, or just chatting in general, its all part of our circle of love here ;)

Organic is the way to go, definitely. And right? hahaha. Not as good as those top notch 70$/roll mylar rolls.... but certainly will do in a pinch :) its just a little inconvenient to work with, the way it tears >.<

Thanks for being my journal's first subscriber! You rock :)
Subscribed. You have 420 minutes from the time you post to alter your post.

Hahahaha, only at 420 mag. :laughtwo: Thanks for sharing that KJC, that will be useful to know for the future.

Also I commend you milord, you really are quick on the draw to get to new journals, and you do that for like...everyone. I literally can't keep up with the 50-odd I'm subbed to. I think that's very cool of you, following all the new growers and new journals, generally supporting people and pitching in 2 cents every once in a while :) +Reps - though I'm sure you have an ocean of them already.

:ciao:

Hooray. Subbed.

PS PLEASE no purple type...my old eyes, y'know...*starts saying how everything was better when he was a boy*

Hahahaha, only at 420 mag. :laughtwo: Thanks for sharing that KJC, that will be useful to know for the future.

Also I commend you milord, you really are quick on the draw to get to new journals, and you do that for like...everyone. I literally can't keep up with the 50-odd I'm subbed to. I think that's very cool of you, following all the new growers and new journals, generally supporting people and pitching in 2 cents every once in a while :) +Reps - though I'm sure you have an ocean of them already.

Thank you kindly!

In for this winter ride :bong:

I'm in Subed

Hooray. Subbed.

PS PLEASE no purple type...my old eyes, y'know...*starts saying how everything was better when he was a boy*
Oh gosh.. I'm sorry Mr. Teddy >.< I won't use any more bright color font when I feel like getting long winded lol. :love: Thank you and welcome!
Thank you kindly!
:Namaste:
:welcome: my relaxed friend. :)
In for this winter ride :bong:
Thanks for joining us for it conrad, you will be good company! :thanks::ganjamon:
Hahaha welcome Sphnx, hope you're enjoying your recent harvest! I'm waiting for the Arizer to warm up some Black Bubba for me. :Namaste: ....any minute now. :laughtwo:
Subbed :love: !!!
Yay! :love: glad you're here daTs!
I'm in Subed
Coolio! Welcome SBG :) if you (or anyone else) have any questions, tips, comments, or just want to chat speak up anytime and I will respond as soon as I get the chance. :Namaste:

So, today, little baby Diesel didn't really poke its head out of soil. But I'm still being positive about it, hopefully tomorrow morning it will be a cm or two off the surface and ready to shed it's shell.

In other news... I saw about 10 gnats when I went in the veg room today >.< I've not had very many gnat issues before, so I'm going to keep an eye on that. I wish I had some DE. Oh well.

Otherwise a boring day indoors :)

I definitely am :) the fact that I only have to take a snap, rather than smoking a whole joint to get to the same place.

I'm really excited to see your indoor flowers, your outdoor was absolutely beautiful!

Ill join the magical growbus.

I&i
Hahaha ;) thanks Gfc, you're always welcome!
I definitely am :) the fact that I only have to take a snap, rather than smoking a whole joint to get to the same place.

I'm really excited to see your indoor flowers, your outdoor was absolutely beautiful!
ahhh... you're making me regret my mad vaping lately lol, tolerance... ugh. I wish I could still get medicated off a quick rip. >.<

But I'm really glad you're enjoying it! You deserve it :) ... and aw, gee, thanks!! :bigblush:
Very Nice start for the new journal Sailor Girl.lol.:goodjob:
I'm all subbed up.:Namaste:
Hahaha welcome Jimmy! I've taken a short break from sailing but I'm sure something will come along and I'll have a relapse eventually :laughtwo:

Thank you for the kind words! :love: I'm surprised how many people already found this journal without me sending PM invites or adding it to my sig yet... :eek: I have to get to that today... but cool!

Now a Quick Update!
First things first, I went into the veg room this morning and... yay! DinaFem Diesel LIVES!!

PA2600071.JPG

and, I also did a few things for the grow this morning :)

first off I gathered a dozen egg shells from our compost waste bin, put them in a grocery bag and used a pizza dough roller to smash them up into itty bitty pieces. Then I spread them around on a baking sheet and baked them at 425 deg. F for 20 minutes to get rid of the sticky membrane on the inside of the shell. Then I smashed them in the bag more and ta da, a simple, cheap calcium amendment. I may put them in vinegar next, it helps make the calcium available, or maybe I wont. Either way, every teaspoon contains 800-1,000mg of Ca. And its free, (we raise chickens) who doesn't like free? :Namaste:

Also...soon here we need to get rid of some Roosters. 5/6 eggs that hatched this year were Roosters, that's a battle royale just waiting to happen. I think they're beautiful animals (if aggressive -.-) so it's sad but, they gotta go. They don't co-exist well. My Dad still laughs that I cry every time he kills them >.< ........ well. When that time comes I'm going to make some homemade feather meal.

In other news, Blue Blood needed to get out of that solo cup so I transplanted her into ~3.5 gallons of a veg mix that I threw together this morning.

PA2600091.JPG

I didn't have any pre-made/cooked veg soil because I was dumb and put it off. But she's the only one that needs veg soil for now, the others won't for a few weeks, in the next few days I'll get a bigger batch cooking. Here's what I did for this soil though:

4 parts Sunshine Mix #4 Advanced/ SS#4 Organic
1 part Fox Farm Ocean Forest
1 part Coarse Perlite
1 part GH Ancient Forest
1 part Wiggle Worm castings
1 part Vermiculite
adding up to 3.5 gal.

I further amended with 2 tbsp. of those crushed/baked eggshells,
2 tbsp. Excelerite
1.5 tbsp. Azomite
1 tbsp. Dr. Earth's Soft Rock Phosphate
7 tbsp. SoilMender's Yum Yum Mix
3.5 tbsp. Mexican Bat Guano
2 tsp. Xtreme Gardening Mykos
1/2tsp. Xtreme Gardening Azos powder spread around the surface of the soil after everything else was mixed.

and I watered it in with a gallon of rainwater with a teaspoon of liquid Mykos (Photosynthesis Plus Microbe Life by Ecological Laboratories) to make sure there's a good initial inoculation. Hopefully the new soil will clear up the issues BB's been having lately. If there were any pH problems, they'll be well buffered from now on... and if it was a deficiency (or mix of def.'s) this should have all the nutrition she could want.

Besides that.... Corleone Kush #2 is really stunted. Idk what's going on, I'm just rooting for her to perk up at this point. In this pic you'll see her on the right, and the younger Red Cherry Berry to the left. Something obviously isn't going well for CK#2. At least if it dies, or I feel the need to cull it, I have more CK seeds than I think I'll ever grow lol.

PA2600081.JPG

and I just wanted to take a look at my mutant CK#1. It's growing like this all by itself >.< I'm fascinated and disturbed at the same time with my first mutant. :passitleft:

PA260010.JPG

That's all, :ciao:! :love:

Edit: Oh right, I also am going to add some hay in as mulch for BB. ;) forgot that.

the road goes on forever and the party never ends...

im on the bus. nice space, trade you for my attic ha haaa.

Glad to hear the diesel is looking up.:high-five:
Can I ask what you mean by using hay in for mulch?
I'm not sure you want hay in your grow room.From working on a farm,I was under the impression hay was very dirty stuff.Full of all type's of bug's and what not.
I could be way of base tho.

Subscribed

Back
Top Bottom