Pyramid Purple & DNA Chocolope Under CFL - 2nd Grow

Jesstar

Hey 420 Lovers!

Firstly, anything written here is strictly theoretical and scenario based, any pictures are drawn and then digitally rendered so there is no ACTUAL grow happening here, just a theoretical experiment. :) Any suggestions or feedback are greatly appreciated.

So lets get started on our game..

What strain is it? Pyramid's Purple and DNA's Chocolope.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Purple sprouted(in soil after soak germination) and Chocolope planted in soil post-germ.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor.

Soil or Hydro? Soil.

If soil... what is in your mix? Cheapish, slow-release ferted mix from local hardware store.

If soil... What size pot? Approx. 17L

Size of light? 1x 120w 2700k CFL(not on at the moment), 2x 24w 6500k CFL(on 3 x 0.5 x 3 x 0.5 x 3 x 3), 2x 24w 2700k CFL(not on).

Is it aircooled? No.

Temp of Room/cab? Unsure.

RH of Room/cab? Unsure.

PH of media or res? Hopefully similar to my water by now. Approx. 6.4 PH.

Any Pests ? Little tiny(like,TINY!) flying guys that I seem to have under control with sticky traps.

How often are you watering? When soil is dry half a finger down.

Type and strength of ferts used? None yet. Open to suggestion on a cheaper option.

Pics belowwwwww. :thanks:

My little room..
IMAG04858.jpg

The little lady.
IMAG048212.jpg

Her next to my flame, is she stretching??
IMAG048611.jpg

re: Pyramid Purple & DNA Chocolope Under CFL - 2nd Grow

Why can't I make my signature with this link visible? I followed the instructions! :(

Looks to me like it's all figured out! I clicked it and it brought me to your grow journal, so good job!

Also the little babies are looking good, currently in a CFL grow myself (from dispo clones however) and today marks 2 weeks. Excited to see a fellow marijuana enthusiast grow with some CFl's along side my grow! Best of luck to you, definitely sticking around for this one!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.
Do you guys think this will be enough lighting for the whole process? Probably for the auto but possibly not for the Chocky is what I'm guessing..

Cheers all.

-J.

216 watts for 2 plants should do a pretty decent job. It kind of depends on how many lumens those lights put out... I am pretty sure the optimum amount of lumens is like 7-10k per plant.. Don't quote me on that though, I'm at work and don't have the time to look it up. A quick google search should do you some justice, and most lights have the amount of lumens they produce typed on the bulb.

Good Luck!

Hey guys, thanks again for the input. I'm thinking I might need another two x 24w(100w equiv) @ 1550L veg coloured lights and at least the same addition of flower colours when the time is right.. I'll upload today's progress in photos soon. Choco just showed her little face! :)
But for now, unfortunately I've still got these bastard little bugs harassing me. I thought I collected them all up on the traps but alas, they seem to be multiplying!

This is what the REAL tiny ones look like under full magnification on my HTC one M8(so tiny)..
IMAG04919.jpg

This is the less tiny ones, they just cruise around digging and what not but I don't want them.
IMAG049512.jpg

Thanks all, I'll post some of the girls soon. :peace:

Here are the kiddies..
Purple @ 3 days from sprout:
IMAG05007.jpg

Followed by little Chocky @ 3 days from going into soil:
IMAG049813.jpg

Maybe more light to stop stretching?
Also, what are people's thoughts on distilled water? Is it worth the money? I'm using PH stabilized water that I keep at 6.2-6.4 but I have no idea of the alkalinity..

Thanks and happy toking.

-J.

People, I NEED help to get rid of these bugs pictured above. They'r multiplying by the hour. I got desperate and positioned a trap right by my purple which fell on it while I was out. Even being careful, I lost half a leaf when removing it. Picture below. Will she survive?
This is bullshit with the bugs.. Will hydrogen peroxide kill them bugs and not my plants?

Plz help asap.

Regards.

-J.
IMAG05016.jpg

Update; Yesterday I went to my local hydro shop and was recommended a product called Trio-Bac. It's supposed to be good for the roots and terrible for pests. I put that through(its a drench) a little lighter than on the label. Once that had settled in a bit I gave the soil a decent spray with a garlic, chilli, pyrethrum mix to hurt the bugs more.
Today, they're still there but hopefully unwell.. I have another light spray on the soil and I'll wait and see..
Purple seems to have survived her punishment and Chocky looks good. They are both still stretching though.. I've got another 1450L on Purple making it 2900L so I'll see if that stops the stretch.If it continues I'll definitely need to LST her..

Another variety of pest..
IMAG052215.jpg

Chocolope (Thai Choc x Cannelope) at 3 days from sprout.
IMAG051713.jpg

Next three are my sore Purple Auto. :(
IMAG051313.jpg

IMAG051519.jpg

IMAG0515_1.jpg

Very sad. She will be ok but it's slowed her down..
Anyone with advice and is willing to give it? ;)

-J.

Update Playaz! :)

Day 11 for Purps..
IMAG053918.jpg

IMAG054114.jpg

Day 7 for Chox..
IMAG054211.jpg
IMAG054314.jpg

..She's catching up to Purpy. Apparently I may have bitten off more than I can chew with this Chocolope. It will apparently grow into a monster tree so I will be looking to fim/ top it asap. Anyone with some solid experience in this, please feel free to chime in.. :) ;)

Update:
These bugs are still very much at large and I'm beginning to get perturbed..
There are these tiny ones..

IMAG055413.jpg

..and with a little Macro-cropping, these guys are like dust to the naked eye:

IMAG0554_1.jpg

They seem to hop up and down on the surface trying to get to the light(I think) and some end up on the leaves. The ones on the leaves look like smaller spider mites. They better not actually be mites. :rollingeyes:

Plants don't seem bothered although there are white marks on some leaves, I'm hoping this is just a residue from the Pyrethrum, chilli garlic mix and not mess/ damage from the bugs.
Here is Purple at 12 days from sprouting(from the soil), first is her little setup(for now). 2x 24w, 100w equiv, 1450 Lumen(each), 6500K CFL's, both plants the same.

IMAG054520.jpg

Side view(see in the background the dust-like beasts on the sticky traps..):

IMAG054712.jpg

Top View:

IMAG054615.jpg

Now 'Lil Chox''s setup(lights closer, just moved an inch for photos..):

IMAG055015.jpg

..and side view:

IMAG055311.jpg

With some top-shot action:

IMAG055215.jpg

Zooooooom, 3rd(I think that's classified as the third node?) in the making!

IMAG0552_1.jpg

Please someone talk to me! I can't chat to many of my friends or family about this so gimme some feedback!

Yeah, I've been watching your grow. The automated system has me in awe.
You could even go on holiday and control your plants from a Lombok Beach? Amazing..
Thanks for the word, akisunni. I'm just deciding when I'm going to begin nutes and which ones to use. Also looking forward to trying FIM ing.

Cheers.

-J.

Looks good so far. hard to tell from the pics, but those bugs MIGHT be fungus gnats. I've got them very little bit, but nothing to the extent that you're showing. When the soil is dry they're burrowed down in, and when I feed/water they come to the top and sometimes jump out of the soil on to the edge of the bucket. I usually just smash them at that point. From what I understand, they're not really horrible for the plant so much as they're just a nuisance. There are different chemicals (one of which you've already found) which seem to work ok, but what most guys do is put a layer (an inch or so) of either fine sand or diatomacous (sp?) earth on top of the soil. apparently the tecture of the sand/diatom is an irritant to the gnats and they can't burrow in to (or out of) the soil, so the ones left in will drown upon watering, and the ones left out will die of dehydration.

for your lights, CFLs can be run REALLY close without harm... basically as long as the coil isn't actually touching the plant, you're ok - but most just shoot for keeping it at about 3" or less to account for stretch during unattended times. As for wattage/quantity - most of us CFL guys try to shoot for 100-150w per plant during veg and 150-200w per plant during flower. more light (combined with other conditions) helps make for nice dense buds.

Good luck ;)

I'm holding off doing a photo update coz people will be getting bored, also growth isn't as fast as I would like(but is it ever? ;) )

Thanks for the visit, Garage Grower. I always appreciate the insight of other growers. :)
I've currently got them under 2 x 24w 6500k bulbs each, sitting pretty much on their heads. As they get bigger I intend to add another 2 bulbs each. I just need to find a cheap, small tent as the mini greenhouse they'r in is making my spare room like a sun room. I need something reflective to keep the light in and that looks subtle for rent inspections.. I'm deciding between a tent or a big wardrobe.
Anyways, I have a few 24w 2700k bulbs and a 125w 2700k Eziplug big boy
..that I will add in for zi flowers.
My situation is this though, I have two plants, staggered half a week apart due to a dumb move by me(I mentioned it earlier in the thread and don't want to mention it again.. :p ). The older girl is an Auto Fem Purple: Auto Purple Feminised Cannabis Seeds , the younger is a non-auto Fem Chocolope: DNA Genetics Chocolope . Both VERY different plants.
My question is regarding flowering and lighting. Has anyone got any experience with growing these two plants or similar at once? Further more, has anyone even grown Choco before? I can't seem to find any journals on it..

Thanks everyone for sharing this great hobby.

-J.

being that one of them is an auto, I don't think it will matter. Though I've never done an auto myself... a lot of autos I've seen around here, the growers just put them at 12/12 from seed, so keep them at 18/6 (or 24/0, whatever veg lighting you're using) then when the Chocolope is ready to flip, then just flip to 12/12. The auto should start flower cycle when it's ready, regardless of if it's under 24/0, 18/6 or 12/12

Back
Top Bottom