Oregon Legal Weed My Grow Box Begins

timwhoa

so I have started my grow box, my wife ( bless her heart) wont let me put it in the house,, but guess what, she will let me have a grow box!! OMG now that growing weed will be legal in Oregon,MY SEEDS are ON the WAY , going to try Northern lights first, we can have up to 4 plants at home and the district attourney is no longer going to enforce pot laws before july 1st, so let the grow begin, so i purchased a portable closet / wardrobe from a local hotel that is renovating for only 30 BUCKS! Rock it, i am posting some pictures, the buckets inside the closet are from a hydroponic garage box i used to use 30 years ago, this is how long I have waited for weed to become legal,, dear god, so I have purchased a shit load of parts from home depot online and harbor frieght tools online and from amazon and ebay, all in all i have about 300 bucks in parts coming, I am going to go with an ebb and flow, but I am going to use a set up that I never see on forums around here, so as I build it I will post pictures, this is going to be out in the barn in Oregon in winter,, so cold as shit ( not like east coast),, but still we are looking at hight 30's thru mid 40's thru winter on average, so I have thought up some great ways to heat the box, I am going to light it with CREE Led's from home depot, 144 watts of led , equal to almost a 1000 wat halide, ( not to debate that here), I have a link to a great grow box using the cree's not sure if links are allowed here, so ask me for it, I am going to go with a 30 inch baseboard heater hooked to a digital thermostat, this way the heater can work the temps and not fight against light temps, light temps can be controlled with fans, but if i cool a light by sucking in 30 degree air, omg talk about a tug of war, so by using led's and heating with the electric baseboard I hope to sustain an equalibriam of sorts, I am going to use a 110 volt PC fan I purchased form ebay and put it on a reostat to control the speed, and maybe even timer it to run off on per hour to not shock the girl. I ordered some moving blankets thru harbor frieght and I am going to lay 4 layers of blankets over the box to insulate it, should work great, going to use a thermometer to mearsure high and low temps and humidity, fish tank heater for the res, gosh,, let the fun begin, hope to check in daily to this thread and post pictures daily,,

IMG_7142_zpsf6ad92f3.jpg

To bad she won't let you inside. Wonder with you guys allowed to cultivate what that will do to our laws here in wa. I'm currently a legal medical producer trying to go recreational (502) if we change here to allow a personal grow I won't go 502. I'm assuming either Oregon law will be changed or Washingtons Will. It will be interesting to follow.

I am just going to take things slowly with her, I should do fine in the barn, just going to spend a few dollars on heat, will save big money over buying weed in Washington, the store that is nearest me is mainstreet majurnna in Vancouver, and they want 55 dollars for 2 grams, a guy with a simular box to mine using cree lights harvested 165 grams dried, that would cost me over 4000 dollars at the stroe in vancouver,, YIKES, oh I am very happy the new oregon law allows up to 4 plants, I also have my wife's permission to grow a few outdoors this summer, on the back side of the house, so next fall should be awesome around here, but for now its the box in the barn for me,,, not sure what you mean by oregon law changing, the law is very nicely written as it is

Either wa or or will change to make more uniform. Otherwise the state will have people hoping the border to save money. Yes the recreational prices are crazy high 20 per g is crazy. I think Oregon law is better written. Wa was to concerned with the amount of tax they would generate. It's made the medical and black market go crazy here.

All the talk here is that Wa consumers Will cross the river to buy in Oregon once the stores are open, the price will be clearly cheaper,, so hopefully its WA that will change its laws, are you up near Seattle? so crossing into Oregon would not be easy if you are, but if your in southern wa it may benefit you? I wish it was 20 per gram, its around 27 per gram in Vancouver, and that is the cheapest, they have others that are more,, insane

Yup and that will require wa to change there rec laws. Yes im north of Seattle Tacoma area. The rec price is actually 22 a gram but I'll never buy rec cause I haven't bought any in over a decade lol. We are waiting for next round of state growers we currently grow medical and produce about 8lbs per month. I was just originally trying to say that Oregon law will require wa to possibly re write there's or vice versa.

And rec prices do vary but some are cheaper. They also may tax stamp the product so you can't take from one state to the other. But I'm taking your journal way off topic nice box hope all works great for you. Try to talk your wife into a full room or building lol. It was tough for me to convince mine as well lol

oh I think we are right on topic as I did name it "Oregon Legal Weed" hahaha, I had a grow box way back when I was 21 in California, but getting married and having kids I left it behind to be a "law abiding citizen" grrrrr. but I didnt want to risk anything, so this has been 25 years of waiting for this to happen for me and for the good people of the northwest!! if the winter plant in this wardrobe works out well enough it will last me thru till my outdoor crop this summer, hopefully that will yeild enough to last me a whole year and I will just do summer crops once a year , and maybe use this grow box for a mother plant to make clones each summer,, oh another part of the Oregon law is the stores when they start making sales , It will be Legal for them to sale plants, actual clones bought in the stores, the law has a 5 dollar tax on plants,, SWEET right!! got to love that

a bathroom closet will be PERFECT! Oh mundo!,, I got some seeds coming I ordered them from Ilovegrowingmarjuanna they shipped yesterday out of amsterdam,, they said about 10 days, shoot I wont even have the box ready in 10 days, I got parts coming in from all directions, ordered about 300 bucks worth of stuff over the weekend, the only thing I really have to work on right now till parts and seeds arrive is running some romex wire from a power box over about 36 feet to where the wardrobe will be, so I can wire up another junction box there, I dont want to run an extension cord across the barn and risk having someone inadvertantly unplug the whole operation

Hey timwhoa,

I found your post interesting as I am from Oregon too, and I'm looking to do the same thing as you (same size closet, out in a cold detached garage). Can you pm me and let me know where you bought that closet? If there is any more left that is, I'm looking at a very similar one to that right now for $150 used. Only thing I'm doing different from you, is I'm going to try hempy buckets instead of ebb and flow. I am putting my exhaust and intake on the roof, my intake will be drawn down to the floor of the cabinet via a 120mm pc fan and four inch ducting. Then I will hide my intake/exhaust port with a couple old cardboard boxes stacked on top of the cabinet, (I have to keep it stealth, that's why I'm not drilling an intake on the side near the bottom). I hope to affectively heat mine by placing a small personal heater on the roof of the cabinet near the intake port, and hopefully the pc fan will do the rest. Good luck with your grow.

Bible belt resident here.. Maybe one day in the next 20 years it will be legal here too! I will be following along with great envy.

Hey timwhoa,

I found your post interesting as I am from Oregon too, and I'm looking to do the same thing as you (same size closet, out in a cold detached garage). Can you pm me and let me know where you bought that closet? If there is any more left that is, I'm looking at a very similar one to that right now for $150 used. Only thing I'm doing different from you, is I'm going to try hempy buckets instead of ebb and flow. I am putting my exhaust and intake on the roof, my intake will be drawn down to the floor of the cabinet via a 120mm pc fan and four inch ducting. Then I will hide my intake/exhaust port with a couple old cardboard boxes stacked on top of the cabinet, (I have to keep it stealth, that's why I'm not drilling an intake on the side near the bottom). I hope to affectively heat mine by placing a small personal heater on the roof of the cabinet near the intake port, and hopefully the pc fan will do the rest. Good luck with your grow.

sure I can pm you, YES they have more of these wardrobes for sale, they are asking 40 dollars, and they are SOLID

To be able to send PMs your post count must be 50 or greater.

You currently have 9 posts and you can send PMs to following users only:

Thanks Tim, I saw that already on Craigslist but I thought it was short at first glance, is that 6 ft tall? Also how deep is it?, thanks

Back
Top Bottom