Indicas Grow & Experimenting Genetics Part II - Winter Indoor Organic Grow

Danishoes21

:welcome:

For this winter session of indoor grow my tent is gonna be really tight in part because I have 3 veggie (tomato, green pepper, sweet yellow pepper) plants running along with my Cannabis plants, so hopefully I can manage to keep them all happy.

My setup remains 600 watts cfls's on top with mix spectrum, and lower on the tent 3 small 50 watts cfls, the soil is organic compost soil, sheep manure, worm castings, and home compost like egg shells, banana peels, oyster shells and some other compost matter. A small humidifier and 3 fans. No feeding regimens, just water and a boost of Jack's Classic 10-30-20 mix for the flowering period which will get to that when the time comes. Right now the lighting schedule is at 14on/10off since the beginning and why I decided to start with this schedule is because during the summer I followed the day length during the whole summer grow here in my area the actual day light at its peak point only lasted 15 hrs 41 mins and this was around mid June, so 14 hrs of light was around the month of August at this point during my summer grow my plants were doing the hormonal transition into Bloom or pre flowering, So I wanted to replicate the same conditions in my tent to start off and start a diminishing light schedule by monthly subtracting time until the final flowering schedule of 10on/14of.

I have a Indica plant that I believe is Blue Berry by Spliff seeds 75% Indica. Genotype: (Chocolate Thai x Afghani #1 x Highland Oaxaca) x NL Special. She is about a month old started from seed.

On the experiment side of this grow I have Unknown Regular seeds from mexico, jamaica and a mystery kush (possibly LA confidential) I have them in one pot so what ever female comes out of this will be keep males sadly discarded. The purpose of this experiment is to further test some pollen samples I have and cross the plants to what should give feminized seeds.

That being said I would like to welcome you to my winter indoor grow session.

Blue berry
(pics inside the tent)
DSC048693.JPG
DSC048704.JPG
DSC048714.JPG
DSC048733.JPG
DSC048763.JPG
DSC048782.JPG
DSC048834.JPG
DSC048853.JPG

(outside the tent)
DSC048954.JPG
DSC048962.JPG
DSC048982.JPG
DSC048994.JPG
DSC049003.JPG
DSC048934.JPG
DSC048913.JPG
DSC048903.JPG
DSC048893.JPG
DSC048884.JPG
DSC048864.JPG

Experiment sprouts
DSC049014.JPG
DSC049025.JPG

Re: Indicas Grow & Experimenting genetics part II // Winter Indoor Organic Grow

count me in.

I love me some indicas! Hell yea Im here the entire time :volcano-smiley:

thanks for stopping by guys, its gonna be a long ride.

:bigtoke:

thanks for stopping by guys, its gonna be a long ride.

:bigtoke:

Good i like those - Means lots of knowledge and good conversation :)

Quick update

She had a nice bump over the past 24 hrs, nice color, very vigorous growth. She seems to be really enjoying the company of other plants in the environment and they probably complement each other thru their photosynthesis and use of light. The conditions are lower 20's Celsius so very chilly very fresh environment at night it goes as low as 15 celsius, I feel its borderline cold before they start to lock out nutrients creating deficiencies and purple looking stems. RH% goes from 45%-60% allowing some evaporation but not a dry condition. Lights 14/10
DSC049064.JPG
DSC049073.JPG
DSC049083.JPG
DSC049105.JPG
DSC049114.JPG
DSC049144.JPG

Something I wanted to add: the 3 veggie plants running along are doing very very well, lots of new growth and already showing flowers that indicates they are all preparing to bloom. Im very excited because these 3 were saved and revegetated but I didn't think the would flourish so quickly.
DSC049185.JPG

As you can see the space is just enough for my further addition if they make it thru which are 2 revegetated plants, so far no signs of new leaf... so I put them separate on a 24 hrs light schedule to see if something happens in the next 2 weeks...

Green mojo for the reveg girls Dani, i'm subbed! Hope they pull through for ya. That BB is going to be some potent smoke brother :Namaste:

CA broda thanks for the kind words. But they aint looking soo good sadly I only have one setup I can't give them the amount of light they need... But on the good side my BB is doing really good.

First week recap

Conditions stable at lower 20's Celsius and 40-55 RH%. Watering one to twice a week depending on how dry they are. Still light is at 14on/10off and I gotta say every plant in the tent is reacting very well to this lighting schedule they seem to be all packing strength for bloom season, so I see a less production of new fan leafs and more energy been invested in setting the flowers for bloom. Now is this sustainable in time without stressing the plant? Can I vegetate them in this transition period? we will find out.

BB gained an inch in since I started the Journal. She seems to be growing correctly no big gaps between internodes, I gotta see how many nodes she is going to pull out before settling. This could be my new vegetative light schedule 14/10 were instead of just growing 18/6 unnecessary leaf matter, the plants grows in accordance to its needs in terms of Bud-to-Leaf ratio. I also have the sprouts coming up, now there is an interesting approach here because these are regular seeds so we goota wait to see how they react to this setup. Overall im pretty pleased with the results so quick, CFL's normally take time.

DSC049216.JPG
DSC049224.JPG
DSC049244.JPG
DSC049264.JPG
DSC049284.JPG
DSC049356.JPG
DSC049364.JPG
DSC049254.JPG
DSC049376.JPG
DSC049394.JPG

After a long week I finally got to work on the garden.

BB is at 22 cm she grew a full inch despite some defol I did early last week. Installed the "cage" at 30 cm so Im hoping she is gonna make it there. Lights still at 14/10 temp. low 20's Celsius, RH% 50-60.

The little one keep sprouting like magic beans the two smaller ones pop out the others are probably 2 weeks ahead. These are all regular seeds of unknown strains so we get to keep the best looking females :morenutes:

DSC049483.JPG
DSC049493.JPG

DSC049504.JPG
DSC049515.JPG
DSC049523.JPG
DSC049533.JPG

Good Day weed danishoes. Looking good and I'm here for the duration. Do me a favor and check your girls for spider mites. I see white spots on the leaves and that can be a tell. I sure hope it isn't. :Namaste:

Bee glad to have you around, and you know what..?? I can't Identify why is it that every indoor grow my leafs start to deteriorate like that, something is sucking the living crap out of them leafs...

Good morning weed danishoes. :volcano-smiley: Have you checked on the underside of the leaf with a magnifying glass? Look for eggs or really small bugs.

Good morning weed danishoes. :volcano-smiley: Have you checked on the underside of the leaf with a magnifying glass? Look for eggs or really small bugs.

Good morning Bee. I did this morning and there is something under the leafs. I will post some pics as soon as I can, but the affected leafs are the bottom ones, being the oldest ones. Also the pepper plants have something under the leafs. I might have some white flies or aphids so I set up a trap for them. Despite the little details they seem to be growing without mayor problems, but still not at the health level I want them to be.

In to 4th week of 14on/10off light schedule. Now at 23 cm tall BB is slowly progressing she keeps stacking node after node at the very top, Interesting observation she has not developed full 5 point fan leafs besides very few Old ones she has, the new growth looks more like sugar leafs if you can tell on the already building up trichomes. I don't know if it could be stressing or not the plant but never the less she seems to be growing and blooming at a rather stable/average rate, separation between nodes seems to be right meaning no mayor gaps between them, Despite the my two veggie plants absorbing most of the light in the tent, BB still is low profile no stretch very compact structure.

Staring January the light schedule will go 13on/11off for One month to after "officially start" the 12/12 flower schedule.

DSC050054.JPG
DSC050024.JPG
DSC049886.JPG
DSC049876.JPG
DSC0498410.JPG
DSC049834.JPG
DSC049798.jpg
DSC049803.jpg
DSC049814.jpg
DSC049788.jpg
DSC049777.jpg
DSC049823.JPG

Experimental babies. I already have favorites, just got to wait and see wich are ladies.
DSC049897.JPG
DSC049904.JPG
DSC049914.JPG
DSC049935.JPG
DSC049946.JPG
DSC049956.JPG
DSC049964.JPG
DSC049977.JPG
DSC049987.JPG
DSC049992.JPG
DSC050004.JPG
DSC050013.JPG

Good evening weed danishoes. Great looking young ladies you have there and some buds on there way. Very nice my friend. :yummy::passitleft:

Good evening weed danishoes. Great looking young ladies you have there and some buds on there way. Very nice my friend. :yummy::passitleft:

:thanks: bee

yeah the young'uns are thriving :yummy::yummy: :morenutes: I hope the BB can reach the cage before the end of next month... According to the breading company of this plant for indoor they don't grow more than 80cm (32") tall, she just needs to reach 30cm(12") to let her fully flower...

CFL's are a slow progress :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom